Player
    Character
    Vidu Moriquendi
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Nandina View Post
    But is a Hyur’s origin Europe? Think before you type. I’m not saying a European has to look like anything other than what they are. Careful you may dislocate your shoulder with that reach.
    No, it is not - obviously. But its not africa or asia or any other part of the real world either so our "look-laws" (sorry, I cant come up with a better word right now) dont have to apply.
    And that was my point, basically. Hyur - or any of the other races - are not from our world, so why do they need to represent races from our world? (Besides other race-options are covering some of your requests, afaik)

Maybe I'm just not so concered about this because I personally dont care about representing myself ingame - I assure you that I'm not 2m tall irl as my character is...
    (29)

Player
    Character
    Nandina Rose
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidu View Post
    Maybe I'm just not so concered about this because I personally dont care about representing myself ingame - I assure you that I'm not 2m tall irl as my character is...
    So like the old saying goes, “If it doesn’t apply, let it fly.” I don’t get why you would waste your time debating the issue, if it’s irrelevant to you. Just because you may not care, doesn’t mean others don’t. But to your point of it not reflecting real life, where aren’t there red, grey, and green people? Why only mainly a specific type that happens to reflect real life?
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Hayley Westenra
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    I just made an African-American character on the character creator. She looked pretty awesome. Sure the skin pigment is just a dark tan, but that's true in all actuality. People of African origin just have darkened skin pigment because their ancestors were outside all the time, and the majority of Africa is plains. Basically it's an all year-round tan that was just a genetic heredity trait. Heck us Caucasians just spent time in caves and forests, hence why our pigmentation is very light and white in color.
    (13)

Player
    Character
    W'kepaga Amih
    World
    Seraph
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodric View Post
    I would have thought someone so concerned with diversity being represented in-game would choose to play something other than a pink haired miqo'te female.
    (52)

Player
    Character
    Nandina Rose
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Naraku_Diabolos View Post
    I just made an African-American character on the character creator. She looked pretty awesome. Sure the skin pigment is just a dark tan, but that's true in all actuality. People of African origin just have darkened skin pigment because their ancestors were outside all the time, and the majority of Africa is plains. Basically it's an all year-round tan that was just a genetic heredity trait. Heck us Caucasians just spent time in caves and forests, hence why our pigmentation is very light and white in color.
    Skin color is more genetically complex than that. Like I said, I got a cute updo but there wasn’t much to choose from, and the undertones were off. No wider or bulbous tipped noses. I had an acceptable fuller lip, but not as large as I’d have liked. I’m away from my pc, but will post a pic later.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nandina Rose
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Final-Fantasy View Post
    The irony is that I’m sure that if all those guys in that gif were to make a hyur, they’d most likely want one that looks like them. Especially if they’re paying a sub.
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Lynne Asteria
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Skin color is more genetically complex than that. Like I said, I got a cute updo but there wasn’t much to choose from, and the undertones were off. No wider or bulbous tipped noses. I had an acceptable fuller lip, but not as large as I’d have liked. I’m away from my pc, but will post a pic later.
    You should probably look at highlander then.
    (18)

Player
    Character
    Soma Kagami
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    The irony is that I’m sure that if all those guys in that gif were to make a hyur, they’d most likely want one that looks like them. Especially if they’re paying a sub.

....You really shouldn't make blanket statements or assumptions about what other people from another race would want whether you're part of that race or not. Not everyone needs their character to perfectly look like them inside of a video game. It's a video game....the races inside XIV do not have to look like or even represent the races found within our daily lives.
    (38)

Character
    Bean Bunja
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80
    In my experience most black males I've come across in mmos usually have a caucasian female character.

Normally I would agree with you as far as accommodation. But this game is marketed towards a global audience and not just one set demographic. If they weren’t pushing it that way I’d 100% agree with you.
    Global usually means "safe" and so...yeah... The only way to actually fix this issue is to have sliders which just isn't going to happen here sadly. :<
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Soma Kagami
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Still, I'd be A-ok with being a Miqo'te irl...or even an Au Ra. Honestly, truth be told? If I could pick a fictional race to be from video games, it would have to be a reyvateil, put me on Shurelia's power tier.
    (3)

Page 3 of 61 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast