Player
    Character
    Nandina Rose
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodric View Post
    I would have thought someone so concerned with diversity being represented in-game would choose to play something other than a pink haired miqo'te female.
    Pink hair doesn’t exist naturally in real life and neither does a miqo’te.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Soma Kagami
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Nandina View Post
    I said I was trying to make a Hyur
    And Au Ra are kind of like Hyurs just with different body features, height/frame composition, and scales. I see where you're getting at, but this isn't the Sims unfortunately. Character Creation doesn't have a race problem, it just has a customization problem where everything feels so limited.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Vidu Moriquendi
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Exactly.
    This is not real life, its a fantasy world - why is there a need to remodel real life racial features in this not-real life setting?
    Why try to make a midlander Hyur look like black person when their origin is clearly not africa? Thats like telling europeans that they have to try to look more black.

I'd say that depending on race and their specific lore and origin stories it would be easier to make a more ethnic looking character - just how you get more asian-type faces for Au Ra because, well, they're from the "asia" or east in Eorzea.

I'll admit that I've never tried to model anything but super-pale characters but I'd guess that if you pick a fitting race you can actually re-create racial features if you desire to do so. That race might just not be midlander for some of those because that race is drawing more from other influences.

But bottomline: we have stuff in game that doesnt exist in real life and that seems okay to you. Why isnt it okay then to have real life stuff missing from the game?
    (47)

Player
    Character
    Nandina Rose
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidu View Post
    Exactly.
    This is not real life, its a fantasy world - why is there a need to remodel real life racial features in this not-real life setting?
    Why try to make a midlander Hyur look like black person when their origin is clearly not africa? Thats like telling europeans that they have to try to look more black.
    But is a Hyur’s origin Europe? Think before you type. I’m not saying a European has to look like anything other than what they are. Careful you may dislocate your shoulder with that reach.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Lynne Asteria
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Someone lacks reading comprehension. I already mentioned the skin colors are off and skin color alone does not a race make. But I’m sure you’re represented and have no problems with the game reflecting you in real life, just not others
    Have you tried them in the actual game? Skin colors look off in the creator as is.
    (11)

Player
    Character
    Ana Nuann
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    It's.. rather mistaken to say some of the stuff said here. There's no such thing as "black noses" or "white people lips". We know better than that now. Far better.

I can understand wanting hairstyles more in line with different hair types, but that's kind of a j rpg hair issue, not a race one.
    (39)

Player
    Character
    Dorion Borstein
    World
    Halicarnassus
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by OurMom View Post
    As a black person, I know where you're coming from but this is one of those situations that won't be fixed in this game or any game like it. They already said they can't add more faces or it'll mess the game up. Since there can only be x amount of faces they're going to go the safe route.
    What that means is that they cannot EASILY add more options. Any software can have thousands of options. It's just a matter of implementing them and knowing how to adapt the code to accommodate them. The issue is that the original code was written to handle x number of options from the Database and they don't want to go into the code and rewrite that part.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Dorion Borstein
    World
    Halicarnassus
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    good point! Besides, we could easily make use of pink dye
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Wyvern Heart
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 80
    I to find their options lacking. I would love a fresh lining, fro hawk, cornrows, zig-zags, pressed hair, a face with a good fat tail, and a high top fade. Pleased se,please let me look good.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Hayley Westenra
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    I had made a character of my ex-fiancée for fun 2 years ago. She was Vietnamese. I think a character based on her looked good!

(29)

Page 2 of 61 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast