World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 52

Server Disconnects(POTD/HOH)

Server: Famfrit
    Character Name: Kira Kagamine
    Time: Between 12pm-2am EST

I was having slight lag problems when running dungeons around 11pm, but it was never too bad. Enemies and teammates were never frozen for a few seconds for lag. It was mostly just like rare delays during fights or some AOEs hitting me even though I was out of them

However then I tried HOH floors 1-10 with a matched party, as a White Mage. I got disconnected from the server at least once every floor until the 7th floor. I was not getting any lag in the dungeon and I was always able to reconnect instantly to the server.

The game did not give me any errors in terms of numbers or codes, like 90001 for example, beside a message saying something like "You have been disconnected from the server"

I was not having any wifi problems. I thought maybe it was because so many people were doing HOH so I left after that round.

I then went to do POTD as a Pugilist, which I have never had any problems with DCing or lag. There were not many people in the area either. However I ended up DCing 3 times, including right after beating the boss at floor 10.

I am trying to figure out if I have a game/computer problem, or if it was just a server problem with too many people.

Computer: Macbook Pro 2017
    Processor: 3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
    Memory: 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3
    Graphics: Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB
    (0)

Good afternoon and thank you for posting on the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Forums.

Firstly, please be aware that the Mac version requires the OS to be updated to 10.12 'Sierra'. Please update your OS if you have not already.

As for the disconnections, try some of the following troubleshooting steps in order to alleviate the issue:

Try resetting your router by turning it off, leaving it off for a few minutes, then back on.

Ensure that the latest version of Safari is installed on your Mac (even if you don't use Safari). Once Safari is up-to-date, please open the Safari browser and make sure that all Browser History and Cookies/Web Data have been DELETED. Please also make sure that "Cookies" are ACCEPTED and not being filtered.
    Once these options have been adjusted, please run the Apple Update program to check that all firmware is up-to-date on your Mac OS. Once this process is complete, please re-launch the FINAL FANTASY XIV game.

Use a wired connection as opposed to wireless if you are not already.

Make sure that all other programs are closed while playing the game. Also make sure any anti-virus/firewall you have has the appropriate exceptions for Final Fantasy XIV.

Check the following Port Ranges on your router/modem to ensure that the following Port Ranges have been opened/forwarded/triggered:
    ▼TCP
    54992 through 54994,
    55006 through 55007,
    55021 through 55040
    Your ISP may forward these ports for you.*

We hope we can be of assistance in helping you enjoy the exciting world of Final Fantasy XIV!
    (0)

Hello everyone,

Due to no response from the original poster, this thread will be moved to 'Closed Concerns.' If anyone is still having this particular problem, please create a new thread and we will assist you in any way we can.

Thank you for visiting the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Forums.
    (0)