Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Lumen Stargazer
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80

Now that SMN have Bahamut can we have the others?

Since Summoners now have a proper Bahamut Summon, can we please have a proper Garuda, Ifrit, and Titan Summon and perhaps finally add the missing traditional summons Ramuh, Shiva, and Leviathan. (Cough Alexander would be nice too at LV80)
    (14)

Player
    Character
    Lumen Stargazer
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    Reserved for a idea.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Ast Eryut
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    We need all primals as demi versions. A real summoner can summon all/almost all the summons, this is how it's always been in FF. Just let us select from a list (similar to role actions list).

It's about time they let me summon Byakko or Tsukuyomi
    (10)

Player
    Character
    Lho Polaali
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 23
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghastly View Post
    It's about time they let me summon Byakko or Tsukuyomi
    These are two great examples for why they probably won't do that - Tsukuyomi - and Shiva - were only summoned into host bodies, we don't know if they can be summoned on their own, same goes for Susano. Now, Susano at least was said to be a Primal, but Byakko isn't. There's no lore reason for us to be able to summon him. And it's this nitpicking - you can summon this but can't summon that for some arbitrary reason - why they're not going to give us more.
    (10)

Player
    Character
    Iyami Galvayra
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    I want Warring Triad egis. Even if just as glamours. Turn Titan into Sephirot, Garuda into Sophia, and Ifrit into Zurvan.

And while it'd never happen, maybe Demi-Shinryuu as a glamour for Demi-Bahamut?
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Toki Tsuchimi
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyKaplan View Post
    These are two great examples for why they probably won't do that - Tsukuyomi - and Shiva - were only summoned into host bodies, we don't know if they can be summoned on their own, same goes for Susano. Now, Susano at least was said to be a Primal, but Byakko isn't. There's no lore reason for us to be able to summon him. And it's this nitpicking - you can summon this but can't summon that for some arbitrary reason - why they're not going to give us more.
    It doesn't matter how a primal was summoned, as long as the Summoner was "bathed" in the Primals Aether. Granted how one gets bathed might be "changing" since we've seen more NPCs get closer to Primals.

As for the summons we should have access to, we first need to finish the main 6, so they need to add Ramuh, Leviathan, and Shiva Egis, and adjust it so all 6 are viable if unique or able to swap into a specific role, Caster/Tank/Melee. The next thing is to figure out what Primals could replace Bahamut, the main one being Alexander at the moment. We need more summons true, but we can't have an over abundance. Besides Summoners initial quirks, the main issue is the player base wanted to finish the summon set they were expecting, and were told/teased at getting. Truthfully, if SE had just adjusted the issues and given us the other 3 Primals, "everyone" would be satisfied, and getting other Primals would just feel like a bonus.

But in the end, while getting more Primals would be great, there has to be a limit, not saying the 3 others are that limit but they are at least needed.
    (4)
    I like helping people with their Job ideas, it's fun to help them visuallize and create the job they'd like to play most. Plus I make my own too, I'll post them eventually.

Player
    Character
    Lho Polaali
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 23
    After two expansions worth of moving away from it and into Bahamut-mage, they're not going to back down from it. Two things are likely at this point, imo:

1. We won't be getting new summons. If anything, we'll get more glamours, only unlike the Carbuncles they should be "role" locked (I mean, I'm down with anything, really, this approach just means they have less to animate per egi. For the Carbuncles it was a non-issue since it's the same sprite, different colors).
    Expected sets: Shiva/Ramuh/Levi. Shiva in sword+shield form can be the tank, Ramuh is the caster, Levi is the melee. Also, Warring Triad. Sophia is caster, Zurvan is melee, Sephirot is tank.

2. HW's SMN storyline was basically us getting the Dreadwyrm trance, which is tightly tied to Demi Bahamut. As a result, I think chances of them giving us Demi glamours is nill.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Sari Mogari
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 84
    They really should just make "skins" for every summon type. SE just has to swap some art assets instead of making new summons entirely and players get their new primal glamours. Everybody's a winner.

Say; Ifrit is a melee summon, Garuda is a caster, Titan is a tank and Bahamut is the Big Freaking Summon™.

Melee - Leviathan, Ravana, Zurvan
    Caster - Shiva, Ramuh, Sophia, Lakshmi
    Tank - Moggle Mog, Bismarck, Sephirot, Susano
    BFS - Alexander, Odin, Shinryu

All I can think of off the top of my head.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Ameela Trussa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    It's not a proper Bahamut summon, it's about 1/16th the size of the real thing, just like all the other summons.
    (1)

Character
    Malina Loma
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    The reason I'm against all of this "add ALL THE PRIMALS" stuff is that it is WAY too much work on the devs for just one single job. And if other jobs don't get all of that special treatment, then no job should, including SMN. I would rather them spend time on balancing all the jobs instead of putting weeks into making SMN "look cooler" for a specific group of people. SMN isn't broken. It doesn't need a fix.
    (6)
    Last edited by Magic-Mal; 07-12-2018 at 04:36 AM.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast