Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Player
    Character
    Argo Noct
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70
    Or as I suggested earlier, at least let us re renter our instance once we reconnect instead of straight up kicking you out and KO
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Nyr Ardyne
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Maybe the disconnects are just another layer of HOH's rng and working as intended!

Jokes aside, they ought to figure something out here that doesn't involve DCs messing up runs. Some FC mates of mine got to floor 80 but now have to start over because one of them DCed and couldn't get back into the game, forcing the rest of them to kill the boss without her and then their save file was unusable. If they're going to have a DC = death they need to stabilize their servers.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Fumiri Shina
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    So I'm not going to read everything though I did read almost all of the first page.

However let me point out something that is evidently not abundently clear about Heaven on High and Palace of the Dead.

1) These are both Deep Dungeons and, as such, are entirely and utterly optional.
    2) Deep Dungeons are SUPPOSED to be HARD, They're meant to CHALLENGE the player.
    3) Both PoTD and HoH have randomness too them, that's what makes them challenging.
    4) You seriously think that it's bs to die to something out of your hands? How do you think the FOUR people to have SOLO'D to floor 200 in PoTD felt? Hm? Did they bitch about how hard it was? No, They accepted the lot they had cast for themselves by going in solo. No I'm not saying you did this solo, however what I am saying is that don't bitch about optional content being too hard. If it's too hard for you, don't do it. If you want to do it despite it being so hard, don't bitch.

You don't get to eat the cake and decide how it's being made if you aren't helping with the ingredients. Fact of the matter is ALL Deep Dungeons are MEANT to be hard, they're MEANT to not be something you can mindlessly or even half mindlessly go through, They're meant for you to be challenged and have to deal with situations and circumstances that aren't always in your favor. There are tons of people who went into HoH on launch day and completed it. There are tons of people who went through PoTD and completed it. Both CAN be solo'd, but it isn't how it's designed. It's designed, at later floors especially, to require a coordinated team of people. So instead of bitching, find a group of 3 other friends and go back in with a balanced comp. Still die? Go at it again and again. That's how Luck and RNG works, Regardless of how many times you fail you WILL always succeed.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nyr Ardyne
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Fumiri View Post
    So I'm not going to read everything though I did read almost all of the first page.

However let me point out something that is evidently not abundently clear about Heaven on High and Palace of the Dead.

1) These are both Deep Dungeons and, as such, are entirely and utterly optional.
    2) Deep Dungeons are SUPPOSED to be HARD, They're meant to CHALLENGE the player.
    3) Both PoTD and HoH have randomness too them, that's what makes them challenging.
    4) You seriously think that it's bs to die to something out of your hands? How do you think the FOUR people to have SOLO'D to floor 200 in PoTD felt? Hm? Did they bitch about how hard it was? No, They accepted the lot they had cast for themselves by going in solo. No I'm not saying you did this solo, however what I am saying is that don't bitch about optional content being too hard. If it's too hard for you, don't do it. If you want to do it despite it being so hard, don't bitch.

You don't get to eat the cake and decide how it's being made if you aren't helping with the ingredients. Fact of the matter is ALL Deep Dungeons are MEANT to be hard, they're MEANT to not be something you can mindlessly or even half mindlessly go through, They're meant for you to be challenged and have to deal with situations and circumstances that aren't always in your favor. There are tons of people who went into HoH on launch day and completed it. There are tons of people who went through PoTD and completed it. Both CAN be solo'd, but it isn't how it's designed. It's designed, at later floors especially, to require a coordinated team of people. So instead of bitching, find a group of 3 other friends and go back in with a balanced comp. Still die? Go at it again and again. That's how Luck and RNG works, Regardless of how many times you fail you WILL always succeed.
    I agree in terms of challenge, the issue is random DCs that can screw over runs, and not just solo runs. Some friends in my FC had to start over at level 80 because one member dced and it wouldn't let them back into the instance and then when they completed that set of floors without them, they couldn't continue.

I get that people could abuse DCs, but that could be solved by not taking the character out of the instance when the DC. If they're in combat and die so be it, they can't get rid of that without allowing cheesing, but why shouldn't someone who dcs while not in combat not be allowed to log back in when soloing and continue from where they left off?

Sure they can't hold the instance there indefinitely but if they log back in within a few minutes, why not?
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Kai Lee
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    Yes, either what bright flower said or SE fix their servers which I highly doubt will EVER happen.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fumiri Shina
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    DCing can easily be used to try and rig the system, it's simply too risky. If they allowed DC's to not count then everytime someone is about to die they just disconnect their internet from their computer, Simple. Then all they have to do is every time just disconnect it over and over and eventually you'll just automatically succeed because you can't fail. This completely takes the actual challenge from the game and you more relying on the RNG eventually helping you out. While I can sympathize that d/c's DO indeed suck, Sadly it compromises the integrity of the challenge for Deep Dungeons and this is likely why SE won't do anything. The servers are fine, I've never had a d/c since the relaunch of FFXIV: ARR, as I played in the alpha and we are talking ARR afterall.

So while as I said I can sympathize with the d/c issue, It simply compromises the integrity of the challenge.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Argo Noct
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70
    DCing can easily be used to try and rig the system, it's simply too risky. If they allowed DC's to not count then everytime someone is about to die they just disconnect their internet from their computer, Simple. Then all they have to do is every time just disconnect it over and over and eventually you'll just automatically succeed because you can't fail. This completely takes the actual challenge from the game and you more relying on the RNG eventually helping you out. While I can sympathize that d/c's DO indeed suck, Sadly it compromises the integrity of the challenge for Deep Dungeons and this is likely why SE won't do anything. The servers are fine, I've never had a d/c since the relaunch of FFXIV: ARR, as I played in the alpha and we are talking ARR afterall.

So while as I said I can sympathize with the d/c issue, It simply compromises the integrity of the challenge.
    As I pointed out earlier, if they applied the same rules to dungeons you CANT exit during battle. and if they could at least give us a chance to re enter our instance, that would be a huge improvement. I know its SUPPOSED to be a challenge, theres PLENTY of ways to die other then being dc'd. but disconnecting shouldnt considered as some kind of unavoidable mechanic, make sense?

Im perfectly able and up for the challenge it has to offer running it solo but being disconnected WITH A KO is something unavoidable and should not be part of it.

And as you said, its optional content, so it wouldnt be a game breaking fix. theres nothing to gain from it other than a title, and untradeable items, so why not make this simple fix?

It IS designed to be solod. thats why theres achievements for completing them solo lol.
    (1)
    Last edited by ArgoNoct; 07-14-2018 at 01:14 AM.

8. 07-13-2018 11:25 AM

9. 07-13-2018 12:19 PM

Player
    Character
    Ryuko Kanzeon
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Back in the day, when I was getting my floor 100+ clear in PotD... I was so paranoid about this. I don't have the best internet. Thankfully, I never DCed while soloing in PotD, but I think it would have made me very upset. I don't think I'll try for the REALLY high floors until I have more reliable internet or a decent compromise is made for people who disconnect. Unfortunately, I really can't think of a way for this to be completely 'fair'. I guess, if you DC and don't die, maybe they'll just put you back in without a death? But if you're fighting something when you DC... unless you have pets or DoTs, you're probably going to die anyway.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Frizze Steeleblaze
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    DCing can easily be used to try and rig the system, it's simply too risky. If they allowed DC's to not count then everytime someone is about to die they just disconnect their internet from their computer, Simple.
    In theory this would be the easiest thing to fix. Normally you cant log out while fighting. So if you lose connection to the server, your character stays put until any battles are over. This likely means youve died(if you pulled the plug to avoid dying its probly guaranteed that whatever enemy was on you finished you). If you try to log out when you arent in a sanctuary the game puts a timer on you, loss of connection when out of combat could impose a similar(or even longer) timer - if something wanders into you and attacks you then proceed to die as you arent fighting back. People holding an instance indefinitely? Use the 10 minute inactivity timer. If you dont get back online in 10 mins, you timed out of the dungeon. Logging out in a "safe" corner and hoping for better spawn luck? These dungeons have enemies continue to spawn as you explore, let them keep popping up while youre offline. You come back to an even harder challenge, and the clock was running so you have less time to finish this set of floors now. Am i missing any disco-related exploits? Theres a simple to think of fix for those too im sure(note: i am aware that actually making any changes or fixes is much harder then just thinking them up).
    (1)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2