Player
    Character
    Caimie Tsukino
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90

Crafting humor - funny stuff :)

I think it'd be nice to create a thread about anything funny (can be a story or incident you had, or even a single picture) that you have encountered related to crafting. I'll take the lead here... this is a picture I made today :
    (1)

“The best crafter is not the one with the best stats, but the one who makes the best use of one’s stats” – By Caimie Tsukino

Player
    Character
    Tempest Deep
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    I could use that for 'tried to eat too soon after tea and the buff didn't go on, but started craft anyway'. That's one that makes me do that.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Song Sparrow
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    i have a friend who i make gear for and something ALWAYS happens and the craft either breaks or NQs. he's cursed. even if it's my fault he's cursed.
    (0)

cerise leclaire
    (bad omnicrafter & terrible astrologian)

Player
    Character
    Adeacia Lightheart
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    I was crafting Resistance Material for custom deliveries. I find those hard to get enough collectability on (for Max reward) This time, after a struggle, I managed to max it out completely. Only to discover when I finished it, I had forgotten to make it a collectable to begin with.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Miss Ayumi
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Adeacia View Post
    I was crafting Resistance Material for custom deliveries. I find those hard to get enough collectability on (for Max reward) This time, after a struggle, I managed to max it out completely. Only to discover when I finished it, I had forgotten to make it a collectable to begin with.

This happens to me sometimes... lol
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sylvestre Solscribe
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Well, I was crafting for a friend and by the end I got very unlucky and got something like 5 or 6 failed actions.

He saw the craft failing and asked if it was OK, I told him I wasn't sure if I'd be able to safely finish the craft, so I proposée to waste not.

He refused.

So I went along with the craft and unfortunately didn't have enough CP to recast steady hand for the last progress turn and I couldn't use careful synthesis.

I told him, alright so here we are, there are 40% chance your craft will fail.

We were something like 10 on the discord channel. And everyone was like " come on you can do it" n stuff.

Many people actually came at the free company house to see it, and then I'm like

"OK, I'm gonna press"
    *cling*
    "failed"

The entire discord started laughing

It was a rather expensive craft, and the guy was kinda poor.

But I had my pride so I bought back all the mats and made him his item eight after.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ferris Straynge
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 80
    Nothing like opening that Treasure chest I just got from the latest greatest map only to realize I'm still a crafter and getting one shotted by the mob and losing my treasure. I can't tell you how many times I've done that lol. They really need a pop up warning asking "Are you sure you want to open this treasure chest looking like that?"
    (2)

8. 07-19-2018 10:08 PM
    Reason
    misquote

Player
    Character
    Ferris Straynge
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Adeacia View Post
    Haha, I do that all the time especially on Custom Deliveries. I make all of them then can't figure out why they won't take them from me. One little button can completely destroy the best of plans lol.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Jace Ossura
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    "WHY DO THEY LET YOU MAKE THE COLLECTIBLE ONLY TURN IN AS A NORMAL ITEM?"
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Calene Ntor
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Straynge View Post
    Nothing like opening that Treasure chest I just got from the latest greatest map only to realize I'm still a crafter and getting one shotted by the mob and losing my treasure. I can't tell you how many times I've done that lol. They really need a pop up warning asking "Are you sure you want to open this treasure chest looking like that?"
    So many S-Ranks this apst week as I've been laser focused on finishing my WVR to 70 quest...

I've thrown so many crafting macros at S-Ranks...
    (1)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast