Character
    Kisa Kisa
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by MsQi View Post
    You are totally missing my point.
    Perhaps you've missed MY point. It is impossible for a player to stand exactly on top of another player without hacking. Those bots existed just long enough for whatever quest dialog box popped up, and then disappeared. like Maybe 3 seconds.

That last one is from April. The middle one is from May.

Edit: Here's a video recorded in April:
    https://youtu.be/us7mk3iXUZI
    (0)
    Last edited by KisaiTenshi; 07-12-2018 at 06:50 PM. Reason: added video

Player
    Character
    Ilyana Neriskal
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 70
    Their names can be considered evidence when it's been part of a consistent pattern since the earliest days of the game's life (The other commonalities being that they wear the exact same gear and constantly stack on top of each other) and it's become something of a "If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck" situation at this point.

Heck, even the less obvious gathering bots exhibit enough common traits that I can identify them with minimal observation time. Just look for the jerky, repetitive movement (Bots look like they're playing a game of connect-the-dots with how they move precisely between specific coordinates), hopping in place when taking flight (This seems to be a limitation of all bot clients, as I've literally never seen one jump out of movement into flight like a player does), and prolonged periods of idling by aetherytes between nodes (It makes more sense to just wait by the next node, but you'll see these guys warping all the way back to Mor Dhona/Ishgard/Idyllshire/etc even if the next node is in the same region).
    (0)
    Last edited by KageTokage; 07-12-2018 at 04:26 PM.

Player
    Character
    Jadelian Trin
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 32
    Quote Originally Posted by KisaiTenshi View Post
    Perhaps you've missed MY point. It is impossible for a player to stand exactly on top of another player without hacking.
    That is incorrect. The game often puts people in the same spot after a quest with a cutscene is completed.

If they then disappeared that is something. Stop lumping in irrelevant information as if it is evidence, focus on the relevant facts.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Jadelian Trin
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 32
    Quote Originally Posted by KageTokage View Post
    Their names can be considered evidence when it's been part of a consistent pattern since the earliest days of the game's life.

There's a point where it starts becoming silly to give these guys the benefit of the doubt.
    I never did. I'm just trying to get people to think.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kisa Kisa
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    That is incorrect. The game often puts people in the same spot after a quest with a cutscene is completed.

If they then disappeared that is something. Stop lumping in irrelevant information as if it is evidence, focus on the relevant facts.
    You can not be this ignorant.

https://youtu.be/us7mk3iXUZI

LOOK.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Dio'orsa Wahcondalo
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    I never did. I'm just trying to get people to think.
    There is no Point to think about this "Issue".

RMT Bots and their Methods are already known to the Community, even the Way they manage to jump from one location to another.
    This has been even an Issue in back old T5 / T8 where People manipulated the Client to be stuck in Air so the Boss A.I would do nothing.

The NPC above doesn't put you on a Location, in fact, the RMT Bots will jump to to that certain NPC and they all get stuck like that.
    Doesn't really take much to figure that out, they do this even in South Shroud in Quarrymill near the Palace of the Dead NPC.

Let's not talk about how annoying the Pest becomes... once they get access to Novice Network, they spread like a Virus and you're just removing them all the time...

Wrong, they do jump to their next Location right after turning in / accepting a Quest.
    This is Part of their Botting Script afterall :

Jump to NPC A, Accept Quest, Jump to Location B, Jump to Location C infront of a NPC, Turn in Quest. <--- repeat 300x times until they all do run Ampador.

Have you seen so many Sprouts at once being cluttered together on a single NPC?
    Exception are the RMT Bots, otherwise you will never have that amount of Legit Players all together in a single Spot, that's just too far stretched.

That is multi-boxing. That alone is not against the rules. If those same people use exploits, hacks or try to sell gill for real money, then they are in trouble. You didn't show that they are the same people spamming rmt sites.
    It's not. Who the hell would multi-box only THM/CNJ/ARC and run Ampador with that Setup? Wouldn't you think that's a bit absurd?
    In fact, all RMT Bots that do MSQ / PvE are only Thaumaturges / Black Mages, Conjurer / White Mages and Archer / Bards.

Another Fact : The RMT Bots who jump from location to location are not the ones advertising.
    You will only encounter Spammers in the three Main Cities, while they're only Lv.1.
    (1)
    Last edited by Mwynn; 07-12-2018 at 07:18 PM.
    #GetSelliBack2016

Player
    Character
    Pray Station
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 60
    Well, to be fair the number of bots are a LOT less here than it is on ESO. It's hard to not see a group of bots in ESO anywhere unless you're instanced.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kisa Kisa
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegabear View Post
    Well, to be fair the number of bots are a LOT less here than it is on ESO. It's hard to not see a group of bots in ESO anywhere unless you're instanced.
    There's at least 80 per server, per Gridania, and another 80 or so for Ul'dah. I compared the numbers from Excalibur(Primal) to another server on (Aether). So I'd say "A lot less immediately visible", but the secondary effects are all over the place. In fact I also found level 60 bots on that server, though they appear to just be chilling in the inn.

And they stand in the EXACT same place on both servers.

The only missing piece of the puzzle that Mwynn alluded to appears to be what exactly they do at each level. I know they're doing MSQ.

As for bots: There are MRD bots in Limsa, they appear to be exclusively spammers, and my thought as to why is that Limsa is not a starting location for CNJ or THM, so it's not convenient for them, but that is where more people hang out. I haven't seen more than two ARC's with the button mash names.

There are at least two different kinds of naming schemes. one is <noun>+two or three button mash letters, the other is all button mash letters. The more concerning thing is, I looked up several of those bots from April and May, and they still have lodestone pages, which makes me wonder if SE suspends the account and doesn't ever delete the characters.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ilyana Neriskal
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 70
    They never delete accounts, just permaban.

I know because some of the spam bots I blacklisted way back when they could still send tells aren't showing "Unable to Retrieve" like a properly deleted character would.
    (0)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4