Player
    Character
    Rorohiju Momohiju
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 67
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnfinite View Post
    No, there was a separate exploit for skipping the queue. As soon as one person got through, they could send their URL to anyone and the url would take them straight to ticket purchasing without any time in the queue at all.
    Interesting to hear, I'd love to see someone publish it.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Apple Waffle
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    I posted this in the other thread, but hopefully someone who sees this can push the message along for a simple fix.

Around 4pm Showclix locked all names on badges (prior to 4pm you could edit the names, now you can only change character names and worlds). This already will prevent most scalpers from selling badges. To fully fix the issue, all they need to do is state that IDs will now be required to pick up every badge and they will allow full refunds on any tickets purchased for 48 hours. Scalpers will have no choice but to refund all their tickets or risk having useless badges they can't claim. SE can then resell those badges. People who got their badges legit with real names are safe, scalpers aren't. Perfect.

People suggesting you punish the innocent by reclaiming ALL badges are crazy.
    (8)

Greetings,

We would like to follow up on reports that there were Fan Festival tickets sold without users needing an access code. Our ticket vendor explained that they had to temporarily pause the access code requirement while they addressed a technical issue that was slowing down the site. During this brief period, a small number of tickets were purchased without an access code. We investigated those purchases and did not find any evidence of ineligible purchases.

Please rest assured that we have also seen comments on other issues with ticket sales shared by the community, such as claims of users purchasing more than their allotted amount of tickets. We have investigated these concerns, and at this time have not found anything outside of the expected results. Should we discover any abnormalities, we will take the appropriate measures as necessary.

We are humbled by the overwhelming response from those who want to attend the Fan Festival. We made more tickets available this year than ever before and we understand the frustration of not being able to procure tickets. We wish we could accommodate everyone, and so we'll do our best to try and host even more of our passionate adventurers in the future.
    (10)
    Matt "Bayohne" Hilton - Community Team

Player
    Character
    Verdandir Sadi
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70
    That's a load and a half.
    (37)

Player
    Character
    Malina Villefort
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70
    There you have it guys. I never even attempted to go to the fest but I've been watching this go down. That's it... The tickets are gone. Sorry you all had to go through this.
    (7)
    Last edited by Magic-Mal; 07-11-2018 at 11:50 AM.

Player
    Character
    Ash Lowell
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 34
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayohne View Post
    we'll do our best to try and host even more of our passionate adventurers in the future.
    TL;DR: Better luck next time nerds.
    (12)
    Last edited by Nandalowell; 07-11-2018 at 12:10 PM.

Player
    Character
    Southern Flame
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Nandalowell View Post
    TL;DR: Better luck next time nerds.
    Best TL;DR for the situation.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Xoria Tepes
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    Our ticket vendor explained that they had to temporarily pause the access code requirement while they addressed a technical issue that was slowing down the site. During this brief period, a small number of tickets were purchased without an access code. We investigated those purchases and did not find any evidence of ineligible purchases.
    That's worrying. Why didn't they just pause ticket sales then? Why even make an access code a requirement if your vendor could just disable it while still allowing purchases? If the queue system was already in place, then it makes even less sense to remove the access code requirement because pausing the sales would have kept everyone in queue and in order. By allowing people to bypass it, it inherently screwed people who were already there with the required access code.
    (18)
    3.17.2018 [7:07 a.m.]Total Play Time: 1192 days, 18 hours, 32 minutes - You'll probably be hard-pressed to find a more cynical person than me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Annah View Post
    Yoshi bowed and then cried, saying he was so sorry because the Realm Reborn launch wasn't smooth. How many developers do you know cries while apologizing to his fans? Um, no one??
    So, good sir, you are further from the truth if you think Square Enix doesn't care for you. They may not be your mother and make sure you eat your cereal, but they are are here for us for this game.

Player
    Character
    Kairam Ithakis
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    I am very saddened by this response.

I cannot not believe that you had more tickets than last time, yet sold out seven hours faster. not unless they were purchased by bots and other such scalpers people were in line (including myself) the moment tickets went up, yet in less than twenty minutes it was all gone. It feels as though Square doesn't actually care about the players.

I wish this wasn't the case... I love this game so much. It's gotten me through a lot of hard times, but I think that's what depresses me the most. It really and truly hurts.

Basically Square enix ffxiv fanfest isn't about those passionate about the game, it's about those who can make the most profit from it. I shouldn't have been surprised, but I actually liked this company. I wanted to go to the fanfest very much.

there are reports of people who joined the line after others, and got tickets. something went wrong here, but neither square, nor showclix cares to own up to it.

I guess at least the scalpers might not get all the tickets sold since the name change feature was lock (which is strange to do since nothing at all was out of place or unexpected of the ticket sales right. even if last time you could change the name months after buying)

again sorry for the rant, I'm very upset right now, and though I knew square would just come up with an excuse and tuck their money in their pocket instead of solving the problem. I was hoping they would do the decent thing for the fans since gasp this is suppose to be a fanfestival.

thank you for your time
    (18)
    Last edited by yukaru; 07-11-2018 at 12:11 PM. Reason: alot of words

Player
    Character
    Andevom Vonskivaux
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 70
    Please rest assured that we have also seen comments on other issues with ticket sales shared by the community, such as claims of users purchasing more than their allotted amount of tickets. We have investigated these concerns, and at this time have not found anything outside of the expected results. Should we discover any abnormalities, we will take the appropriate measures as necessary.
    Keep looking, because something sure stinks.
    (15)

Page 11 of 42 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast