Page 32 of 44 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    X'linh Astrylkir
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    The Community Team Response was severely underwhelming. It did nothing to address current issues (as per SE's habit I suppose) and offered no real solution to the issue at hand. That being said, while most would probably lampoon my idea, I think it'd honestly be best method to ensure that the people who want to go to this event have the ability to, instead of giving the select few.

Cancel FanFest Vegas 2018.

Why? Numerous reasons. The Rio is obviously not suited to hold the sheer amount of people and fans that want to congregate, meet up, and have a good time with guildmates, better halves, and friends alike. Square tends to forget that people have made some serious bonds over this game, either through end game statics of FCs founded to grow and become one large family.

But where would you hold such an event with a large capacity? I mean there are tons of Convention centers in NA. But one convention center seems to fit best: the McCormick Place Convention Center in Chicago. Ironically, it's the largest convention center in North America at a whopping 2.6 MILLION square feet and it's centralized in the US (I apologize to our Canadian neighbors above.)

As far as the ticket debacle, if you're gonna send codes to people to pre-register for the event, make it so that one code = one ticket. That's it. No more of this buying multiples crap. Verify Name, Age, DOB, IG Character. Common information that Square would need to make sure that the appropriate people are getting the ticket they deserve, without the hassle of waiting in line. And no more of this "We're gonna make X amount available." With the space a convention center provides, especially this one, you should have no issue holding such a large event. Also, maybe talk to city leaders about possible commercial benefits businesses will have if they say, provide certain services that people can benefit from.

Now the date is tricky, usually around June/July an expansion is released, but...why not make Fan Fest the official Launch party of said expansion? Give people a taste, whet their palettes with new content. And furthermore, maybe even sell the expansion and collectors editions on the spot? Merch is obviously going to fly off the shelves, but come on. Common marketing and you honestly make those sales UP FRONT without having players to pay for expensive shipping just to get it in a day or two.

Given the injustice that the NA community has to face pretty regularly when it comes to meeting the people that make these bonds and ties between friends possible (I mean come on! Japan gets FATE's around the country and FF themed cafes while we get Scalp Fest with an eticket fiasco???), the least the Community team can do is pitch the idea of cancelling this. You're spoiling plans of reunions, a magical night between two souls, and essentially casting a dark cloud with talk about "We'll look at this for future events."
    (1)

Player
    Character
    X'linh Astrylkir
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Do the right thing SE. Refund everyone's purchases. Cancel the event in November and collaborate this fanfest with the expansion release. Find a better venue and implement a system that is HONEST AND TRANSPARENT, and furthermore: Give the NA community a chance to come together as a whole and celebrate the love that is FFXIV.
    (1)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Namikaze-Kirito View Post
    Do the right thing SE. Refund everyone's purchases. Cancel the event in November and collaborate this fanfest with the expansion release. Find a better venue and implement a system that is HONEST AND TRANSPARENT, and furthermore: Give the NA community a chance to come together as a whole and celebrate the love that is FFXIV.
    Yeah, this is a horrible idea. People were able to get their tickets, sure the system left much to be desired but by no means should those that got their tickets be punished.
    (10)

Player
    Character
    Ania Tichy
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by raionheart View Post
    Maybe they can do a tour deal for the Int'll fanfests like they did with ours. lol That way you have an excuse to go to Paris or Japan XD;
    That is a good idea, I wonder how I could find out about those. I know there were tours for this fan fest, the tickets for the fan fest were pressed so guaranteed. I have a nephew and his wife in Tokyo. I have always wanted to go there so that is a possibility.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    X'linh Astrylkir
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Awha View Post
    Yeah, this is a horrible idea. People were able to get their tickets, sure the system left much to be desired but by no means should those that got their tickets be punished.
    I get that and rightfully so, those who got their tickets shouldn't be punished. But the sheer amount of interest in this event is greater than what they initially perceived. And no one's really getting punished, especially if those that got their tickets got a refund and were guaranteed a ticket to the new venue. (Though there are those who probably made flight reservations, in which case yes I agree they'd be out a plane ticket.)

It's just an idea, but they at least need a better response than what was given.
    (1)

Character
    Matthieu Desrosiers
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    It's rather silly to suggest that the event should be cancelled. Many people have valid tickets and are looking forward to going. Yes, some people can't go - though that was always going to be the case no matter what happened. Let it be a lesson learned for Square Enix but also a lesson learned for those insisting on acting like they're owed or guaranteed a ticket in such a way as to allow them and their immediate social circle to attend with no issues.

That isn't how flashy events such as this work. Concerts. Festivals. Restaurants. All can be sold out in a matter of minutes when it comes to special deals and events. My guess is that Square Enix aren't too fussed about who buys a ticket so long as a ticket is sold...and they certainly shouldn't be priortising people based on whether or not they're attending in a group as that is very unfair to those who aren't.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Melchar Asbrand
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Lainmyst View Post
    Thanks for the clarification, I am starting to get the sense that SE won't do a thing about this and it is possible it is just too difficult an issue to resolve fairly. I went to the last Fan Fest I guess that's enough. Time to move on.
    I empathize with you there but we shouldn’t give up on at least a response or apology. It may be difficult to resolve but they should really take ownership of how this turned out. We need to stay vocal and show them that this is something that could potentially tarnish a lot of the good will they’ve built.

It was supposed to be an exclusive access period for ticket sales and this wasn’t the case. They sought to honor subscribers and did the opposite. Now we have unrest.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Souji Hanamura
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Ok so while I agree that the codes and URL snafus were handled woefully inadequately... I'm sorry, but 1) we have no idea how many legitimate players got tickets, and therefore there is still the chance that there really was just an explosion of interest (my con jumped from 8k to 12k in one year, which we were completely unprepared for). 2) "It's popular so if people who wanted to go can't, then they should cancel it"? Wow. Can you imagine what would happen if... I don't know... Every single mega-popular recording artist or comedian followed that mindset? If SDCC, NYCCC, Blizzcon, etc. all decided to cancel simply because there was more interest than availability? That's not how the world works. Popular events sell out. This isn't a digital world in which they can work to provide space and items for everyone.
    (3)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Namikaze-Kirito View Post
    I get that and rightfully so, those who got their tickets shouldn't be punished. But the sheer amount of interest in this event is greater than what they initially perceived. And no one's really getting punished, especially if those that got their tickets got a refund and were guaranteed a ticket to the new venue. (Though there are those who probably made flight reservations, in which case yes I agree they'd be out a plane ticket.)

It's just an idea, but they at least need a better response than what was given.
    All that means is they should use this information and plan better for the next fan fest, not cancel the current one.
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Novia Marius
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    lmao imagine if every sold out event canceled because some folks were left out. "Sorry everyone! If everyone who might be interested can't attend no one can!"
    (9)

Page 32 of 44 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast