Keleg Fomalhaut
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 70

Even Higher Latency for South America

World: Faerie (Aether Datacenter)
    Character: Keleg Fomalhaut
    ISP: Movistar Chile (Telefónica), Chile, South America.

Since a few days ago, I was noticing even higher difficulty to evade attacks and do rotations. I checked the ping and tracert to NA datacenters and it turns to be even higher than before, permanently 340-345 ping. As you may notice, that's a very high latency for anyone, almost making the game unplayable for harder content, sadly. I checked other datacenters ping and tracert too and they are the same as before. It is very strange, and there must be something wrong that my closer datacenter physically, it's the one with the worst connection right now, cause i have almost 100 ping less in Chaos (EU). Please help!

Tracert:

Traza a 204.2.229.9 sobre caminos de 30 saltos como máximo.

1 1 ms 1 ms 1 ms 192.168.1.1
    2 31 ms 32 ms 32 ms 10.50.1.113
    3 33 ms 37 ms 35 ms 10.50.1.114
    4 48 ms 34 ms 33 ms 216.184.112.246
    5 131 ms 131 ms 130 ms 94.142.116.85
    6 170 ms 171 ms 170 ms 213.140.43.36
    7 * * 244 ms 213.140.35.213
    8 258 ms 258 ms 258 ms 5.53.3.18
    9 265 ms 265 ms 265 ms ae1-0-ntt-grtamstc1.net.telefonicaglobalsolutions.com [213.140.53.97]
    10 251 ms 251 ms 302 ms ae-8.r25.amstnl02.nl.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.3.229]
    11 269 ms 268 ms 268 ms ae-5.r23.asbnva02.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.6.162]
    12 314 ms 312 ms 313 ms ae-10.r22.snjsca04.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.6.237]
    13 321 ms 321 ms 321 ms ae-19.r01.snjsca04.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.3.27]
    14 337 ms 338 ms 336 ms ae-4.r00.scrmca02.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.7.57]
    15 321 ms 322 ms 321 ms xe-0-1-0-1-1.r00.scrmca02.us.ce.gin.ntt.net [129.250.195.46]
    16 353 ms 343 ms 343 ms 204.2.229.234
    17 342 ms 342 ms 342 ms 204.2.229.9

Traza completa.
    (1)

Can I get some addition information regarding the issues you’re having?

Please provide:

- When the issue started happening
    - Platform (PC, PS4, Mac)
    - Any error codes or messages you receive upon disconnect (if any)
    - Type of connection (wired or wireless)
    - Other programs running while the game is playing (if any)
    - Everything you have tried to resolve the issue

We hope we can be of assistance in helping you enjoy the exciting world of Final Fantasy XIV!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Keleg Fomalhaut
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 70
    - I've been playing with 300 latency since months, but it got even higher this week
    - PC
    - Sometimes i dc and sometimes i see the dc symbol on characters name
    - Wired connection
    - Usually no other programs running
    - I called my ISP several times, changed my connection, send a ticket on game, made posts before.

Thanks in advance!
    (1)

Thank you for the reply Keleg.

If I'm reading your trace route correctly, it looks like you are being routed through Europe. When you contacted your ISP, what was their response?

If you are being routed through Europe, unfortunately there isn't much we can do to alleviate the latency from this side.

What ISP do you have?

We hope we can be of assistance in helping you enjoy the exciting world of Final Fantasy XIV!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ajora Glabados
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 60
    Chile here. Had the same issue back then, same ISP, and the problem is located in the hops within Europe, specifically in Spain and some jumps between Netherlands/France post SE servers migration. This is weird and back then my guess it was that it's still related to SE. Why? Because pre migration, jumps within Europe - which were still present - didn't yield this extra +150 ms, and it was like so because the route it took to, consequentially reach US to Canada servers was a different one, with less jumps and different hosts hops. Post migration, everyone seems to be tied to NTT nodes, which also affect our ISP routing, and it's definitely the culprit here. One can say "Well it's your ISP fault for choosing that way" or "Well it's SE's fault for switching its servers, knowing about this node changes issue", but let's be honest: None of them were/are aware of this and also they don't give an f about this issue, because when you put this in balance, the earnings of the company are much more than what they're losing by this issue.

We all know the alternative solution so I suggest you to go with what I told you on that other sub-- er unnofficial forum..sub.

Edit: There was a margin of time (months) where those 3XXms went down to 220 or so, but still, not optimal to play even casually. Now yes, it's back to the numbers you're stating.
    (1)

Hello

The issue you are describing is most associated with interference with the game data. Most of the time, it results from certain security/privacy changes on Internet Explorer. Other times it occurs when an application that is running in the background is causing interference, such as Anti-virus software, firewalls, media players, web browsers, etc.

Please make sure all background applications (including anti-virus programs such as Norton, Kaspersky, Windows Defender, etc.) have been disabled and/or closed to minimize game interference.

Ensure that the latest version of Internet Explorer is installed on your PC (even if you don't use Internet Explorer), please do not use Edge as that is a different internet platform. Once Internet Explorer is up-to-date, please open the IE browser, open the "Tools", go to "Internet Options" and adjust the following settings:
    Under the "General" tab, please delete ALL browser history.
    Under the "Security" tab, please move the slider to the lowest possible settings or no higher than "Medium"
    Under the "Privacy" tab, please move the slider to the lowest possible settings or to "Allow All Cookies"
    Under the "Advanced" tab, please make sure that "Allow software to run or install even if signature is invalid" is CHECKED.
    Make sure that all SSL and TLS (EXCEPT SSL 3.0) are CHECKED.
    [SSL 3.0 should be UNCHECKED]
    Hit "Apply" to save the settings, and then "OK, to close the Internet Options menu.
    Right-Click on the FFXIV launcher icon and select "Properties"
    Go to the "Compatibility" tab, and change the compatibility mode to "Windows 7"
    Hit "Apply", then "OK" to save the changes.
    Please RESTART your PC now.

Once your PC has been restarted, Right-Click the FFXIV launcher icon once more and select "Run as Administrator"

If the suggestions provided above do not resolve the issue, then there is a communication error.
    Check the following Port Ranges on your router/modem to ensure that the following Port Ranges have been opened/forwarded/triggered:
    ▼TCP
    54992 through 54994,
    55006 through 55007,
    55021 through 55040

Hope to be of assistance.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Keleg Fomalhaut
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 70
    This is def. not the issue. It's about my connection being sent to Europe before going into NA data centers. It doesn't happen with any other data centers. I tried all that you say, calling my ISP (MOVISTAR) and they couldn't give a response either, cause those routes are not issues for them to solve via telephone technical service, sadly. The issue started when they relocated Data Centers to CA, but it has slowly gotten worse. No one gives a solid response, sadly. I'm just considering using a VPN (paying for something to play a payed service) or changing to Europe Datacenter.....cause i have nearly 100 less ping there, idk how.

If you could, as moderators and helpers, give me some hope that this would be fixed or at least telling me if i can contact another person of SE to try to solve it, cause I know there are a lot of South American people having the same issue (from Telefonica linked ISP), that would be great. I love this game and I really wanna continue playing in NA with all my friends.
    (1)

8. 07-13-2018 07:45 AM

Player
    Character
    Keleg Fomalhaut
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Bariaus View Post
    Chile here. Had the same issue back then, same ISP, and the problem is located in the hops within Europe, specifically in Spain and some jumps between Netherlands/France post SE servers migration. This is weird and back then my guess it was that it's still related to SE. Why? Because pre migration, jumps within Europe - which were still present - didn't yield this extra +150 ms, and it was like so because the route it took to, consequentially reach US to Canada servers was a different one, with less jumps and different hosts hops. Post migration, everyone seems to be tied to NTT nodes, which also affect our ISP routing, and it's definitely the culprit here. One can say "Well it's your ISP fault for choosing that way" or "Well it's SE's fault for switching its servers, knowing about this node changes issue", but let's be honest: None of them were/are aware of this and also they don't give an f about this issue, because when you put this in balance, the earnings of the company are much more than what they're losing by this issue.

We all know the alternative solution so I suggest you to go with what I told you on that other sub-- er unnofficial forum..sub.

Edit: There was a margin of time (months) where those 3XXms went down to 220 or so, but still, not optimal to play even casually. Now yes, it's back to the numbers you're stating.
    I remember that margin of time when it felt "normal". Do you think we can make a letter to SE? I'm sure the issue is with them, sadly. Can we unite as Latin American people to try to move things to, at least, let them see that there is an issue here?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Keleg Fomalhaut
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Einmimiria View Post
    Thank you for the reply Keleg.

If I'm reading your trace route correctly, it looks like you are being routed through Europe. When you contacted your ISP, what was their response?

If you are being routed through Europe, unfortunately there isn't much we can do to alleviate the latency from this side.

What ISP do you have?

Movistar ISP, linked from Telefónica
    They said if wasn't their issue, and they also couldn't fix it.
    It all began when servers were relocated.
    Please help
    (1)

Hello Keleg, Thank you for your response.

We have provided you all of the troubleshooting steps. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game? Try this.

Hope to be of assistance.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast