Player
    Character
    Nessa Goddessly
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Besame View Post
    You misread me, let me clarify. I run 21-30 because I cannot get a static, dependable group for 31+. 21-30 is NOT a challenge therefore I run it, just for tomes, it is not fun at this point, just boring.
    Well, I have the HoH horse, and I used only PF for it. You don't actually need a static, dependable people on the other hand.... You have to luck out :P
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Calista Fallon
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by NessaWyvern View Post
    Well, I have the HoH horse, and I used only PF for it. You don't actually need a static, dependable people on the other hand.... You have to luck out :P
    Maybe I will get the guts to do a PF one day lol. Seen lots of stupid in 1-30 so it kept me from it. Few and far between are the smooth, smart runs where people don't run into rooms, stay along the walls and watch behind them.
    (0)
    "Fanboy is gaming jargon used to describe an individual that has gone beyond the point of being a PC or console game fan and, during online chats or discussions, shifts to defend the program at all costs, unable to take any criticism or acknowledge any shortcomings of the game or gaming console."

Player
    Character
    F'iorin Rhiri
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    I've done floor 100 5 times.

I like that it's like Palace of the Dead. It's a fun challenge and a break of pace from other content. I like how they mixed up the floor sets, and how there seems to be all these different floor styles.

What I don't like however is how the way pomanders and magicites work encourages a feast or famine type of gameplay. With the way the game seems to give out pomanders, you're simply better off not using the pomanders ever in case you might need them, AKA wait until floor 95 to use everything.

This makes some of the floors an uninteresting slog in some ways. Especially with the no abilities debuff, which is pretty much "Press 1 2 3 for this entire floor". This also makes some classes that rely on abilities to do their damage really bad. Red Mage not only gets to rez people, but is still pretty solid even with no abilities. That makes it the defacto class for HoH.

What I think needs to be changed in the next iteration of deep dungeons is to reward skillful play, rather than slogging through the gameplay, and implementing other debuffs than "No Abilities" that makes the game more difficult for players without crippling their playstyle/class.
    (2)

Player
    isnt it messed up that goblet is a housing area and not a tiny goblin
    Character
    Dusk Himmel
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Potd with the qol it needed (i do miss manticore)
    And the harder floors are much more of a challenge than potd 150-199.

People complain about the lack of story but i like the subtle lore HoH has is nice
    Like one enemy in HoH (the odin reskin) is the statue kugane
    Its fun.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Inglis Eucus
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    All floors below floor 80 very easy. Floors 21 to 60 very boring from being to easy. Only boss that is hard is floor 90 boss all rest is pushovers.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ellia Lombardia
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    I dont really like it. It's pretty much place of the dead reskinned into an eastern castle with also reskinned enemies. I only been to floor 75 or so as I wiped there to a lure trap which was just impossible to stop with the tank dead. The mount you get is ugly and just another thing to sell. I want to get to 100 but the content itself is really dull because the challenging floors only come from 70-100 while in Palace we had 150-199. It's not just that though. People have to go sometimes and cross PF is super UNRELIABLE to continue the save the next day. I tried and the other two never showed up. The whole system of fixed parties is really bad and I dont know how the hell this came to mind in 2018. Seriously, you cant just make us continue with others if people left? Many people in place have sabotaged runs when i've done it and this system is easily exploitable to piss people off.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Calista Fallon
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunafreya View Post
    I dont really like it. It's pretty much place of the dead reskinned into an eastern castle with also reskinned enemies. I only been to floor 75 or so as I wiped there to a lure trap which was just impossible to stop with the tank dead. The mount you get is ugly and just another thing to sell. I want to get to 100 but the content itself is really dull because the challenging floors only come from 70-100 while in Palace we had 150-199. It's not just that though. People have to go sometimes and cross PF is super UNRELIABLE to continue the save the next day. I tried and the other two never showed up. The whole system of fixed parties is really bad and I dont know how the hell this came to mind in 2018. Seriously, you cant just make us continue with others if people left? Many people in place have sabotaged runs when i've done it and this system is easily exploitable to piss people off.
    Are there lure traps along the walls in the higher floors?
    (0)
    "Fanboy is gaming jargon used to describe an individual that has gone beyond the point of being a PC or console game fan and, during online chats or discussions, shifts to defend the program at all costs, unable to take any criticism or acknowledge any shortcomings of the game or gaming console."

Player
    Character
    Adrian Gungnir
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    After trying several times trying to solo Heaven-on-High that I have a real bone to pick with the Square Enix Developer who thought this was a good idea to have a setup like this.

1) Why overtune the Enemies so much that in reality some of these enemies are really meant for a Party and not for a solo run? Strength and Steel alone won't save you, and you're forced to MAYBE use a Frailty on enemies that simply too much to deal with, and especially mimics around floor 70s and onward.

Personally this wouldn't be such a damn issue if they didn't include a timer for Solo Runs else I would take my time getting punished and surviving these overtuned enemies.

2) Why even advertise you can solo run HoH and even PotD? Clearly the only people who ever cleared them on a solo run had luck on their side, it's 50% skill and 50% Luck but Luck was obviously abused by a Developer who thought it was funny to wipe people because they also have to deal with the timer combined with luck.

3) I don't care what anyone says that Yoshi P. said this was meant for hardcore players, hardcore does not equal a masochist overtuned challenge that leads to all sorts of bull that can happen in both those dungeons on a solo run. I'm sorely reminded he tried this same approach with raids by giving them one-shot attacks which is completely lazy on his part.

Honestly this is straight up abuse towards players, and I think a developer knew what he was doing for shits and giggles. Don't even bother including that you can solo this thing because obviously it was never meant for that, too much luck and the timer is not on your side. Oh, I'm pretty sure that they know full well certain classes can't survive the higher floors alone which leaves a lot of disappointed players. Honestly I'm getting real sick of Yoshi P's shenanigans lately, please don't let that guy anywhere near FFXIV ever again for awhile, he needs to rethink what is fun vs. frustrating.

However my whole experience with Heaven-on-High is not completely negative, I feel like it was well crafted for Parties in mind but my experiences for a solo run makes me feel like the whole thing was a afterthought and they didn't bother to make a few adjustments.
    (2)
    Last edited by Kaliesto; 07-25-2018 at 05:48 AM.

Player
    Character
    Ren Kurosaki
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunafreya View Post
    People have to go sometimes and cross PF is super UNRELIABLE to continue the save the next day. I tried and the other two never showed up. The whole system of fixed parties is really bad and I dont know how the hell this came to mind in 2018. Seriously, you cant just make us continue with others if people left? Many people in place have sabotaged runs when i've done it and this system is easily exploitable to piss people off.
    I totally agree. It's really hard trying to get to floor 100 through PF because there's no guarantee that the group would make it to the top (anything can happen); after failure, most likely, you won't see them again and you'll have to team up with a new set of people which may not reach to the floor where you died. I find it absolutely tiring to spend 4/5 hours every time to try to reach floor 100 with a different group.
    Please don't say, "form a static", because I tried that and it didn't work out because the team forgets that we have a static lol
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Inglis Eucus
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Biggest dislike I have is with monsters sometimes stuck inside the walls where you can't hit them but shows you can target them but your attacks miss them.
    (0)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast