Player
    Character
    Draconerus Dragonborn
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 60

[HELP] Macro AND Keybind questions....

Hello all! I haven't played this game in awhile. I'm thinking of trying it again. I have a few questions regarding macros/keybinds...

1. I know it is possible to make a target of target macro, but I was wondering if it would be possible to do the following...

Cast <spell>
    If target is friendly Cast <spell> on target of target

2. Since dungeons have level scaling is it were possible to have a macro/ability that casts the appropriate level spell when in the dungeon?

3. Is it possible to bind something to Shift? Mouse wheel up and down?

4. Is it possible to lock the camera to a certain distance without having to zoom in and out all the time?

5. Any must have WHM/Healer macros? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Yas Ticot
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Draconerus View Post
    Hello all! I haven't played this game in awhile. I'm thinking of trying it again. I have a few questions regarding macros/keybinds...

1. I know it is possible to make a target of target macro, but I was wondering if it would be possible to do the following...

Cast <spell>
    If the target is not, it will default to self. Same as when casting Cure when targetting an enemy, Cure will land on you.

2. Since dungeons have level scaling is it were possible to have a macro/ability that casts the appropriate level spell when in the dungeon?
    With the SB traits replacing old spells with new spells (Stone -> Stone II -> III -> IV). Can you elaborate what you want exactly? For BLM, you could do
    /ac Fire IV
    /ac Fire
    And if you can cast Fire IV then it will be cast, otherwise Fire will. I would advise not to do such a macro though.
    Shift is a key modifier so I do not think so. Mouse wheel up/down, maybe. You should try in the keybind menu to do so.

4. Is it possible to lock the camera to a certain distance without having to zoom in and out all the time?
    Not that I am aware of.

If you like to target with your mouse, you can do
    /ac Cure <mo>
    Though, as I said, people prefer not to use macro for GCD spells / weapon skills because they cannot be queued. So you have to hit the button at the perfect time in order not to waste time.

Another one could be to make a raise macro to tell people you are raising a fellow party member.
    /ac Raise <t>
    /wait 1
    /p Raising >> <lastst>
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Opodaopo View Post
    Plus qu'une terreur, une aide précieuse
    My question, suggested by my wife, at Paris 2019 Fan Festival: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/374470999?t=03h40m29s.

Player
    Character
    Cyrillo Rongway
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90

Cast <spell>
    Code:
    /ac "Spell Name" <t>
    /ac "Spell Name" <tt>
    /micon "Spell Name"
    If target is valid, cast Spell Name on target.
    Else if target of target is valid, cast Spell Name on target of target.

I don't recommend macroing offensive actions. It adds a significant delay because you cannot queue macroed abilities.
    I also don't recommend multi-target macros for heals, because heals default to self when the target is invalid, which will cause unintended selfcasts when you desperately need them not to selfcast. It's best to stick to a single target for friendly actions, usually <mo>. If you're going to use <t> or <tt>, you might as well be using just a raw action button instead of a macro.

There is a keybind for "Target the Target of Your Current Target (Assist Target)". It's helpful to bind this to something close to home position, like T, so you can do a hard TT quickly.

Pure upgrade abilities automatically upgrade or downgrade based on your active level. Abilities that are not pure upgrades should be on your bar no matter the level.

You cannot bind anything to just shift. Mouse wheel scrolls can be used for camera zoom or target cycling. See

/characterconfig
    Control Settings
    Mouse

You cannot force the camera to stay zoomed out when there is a wall, but it'll return to its zoomed out position once you spin the camera or move to where there is no longer a wall or physical obstruction.

I'm fond of:
    Code:
    /ac Raise <mo>
    /ac Raise <t>
    /ac Raise <tt>
    /ac Raise <4>
    /ac Raise <5>
    /ac Raise <2>
    /ac Raise <3>
    /ac Raise <8>
    /ac Raise <7>
    /ac Raise <6>
    /wait 1
    /p Raise  Just used it.
    /micon Raise
    Without having to change your target, will raise someone. If only one person is down, will raise that person. If two people are down, will prioritize mo, t, tt, then healers, then tanks, then DDs who might also be able to raise, then DDs who can't raise. Change the order to fit your party sort settings.

Also create macros for Asylum/SacredSoil/EarthlyStar to place them instantly, centered on mo or t as preferred. This is the exception to the "macros slow you down" rule. They still can't be queued early, but by centering them on a target, you increase the activation speed since you don't have to take the time to place them manually. A second /ac line with no target will bring up the target circle for manual placement if you have no target you want to center on.
    Code:
    /ac Asylum <mo>
    /ac Asylum
    /micon Asylum

And my absolute favorite is for handling gremlins' emote-cleanse mechanic:
    Code:
    /comfort
    /tle
    /micon comfort emote
    Will /comfort your target, then set your target back to the last enemy you targeted (/targetlastenemy). This handles Misery, a debuff applied by gremlins with a distinct sound-effect, and then leaves you with your original enemy target so you can continue Stoning it. Taking a second to cleanse it with this macro will save you from having to heal unnecessary bonus damage on the tank.
    (1)
    Last edited by Rongway; 07-08-2018 at 05:50 PM.
    Error 3102 Club, Order of the 52nd Hour

Player
    Character
    Draconerus Dragonborn
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 60
    Thanks so much for all of the awesome advice and recommendations! Still cannot figure out how to rebind wheel up or down unfortunately. The game does not seem to allow it. Trying to see if I can modify my mouse to do so.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Draconerus Dragonborn
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 60
    I tried the following macro...

/ac Asylum <mo>
    /ac Asylum
    /micon Asylum

It does cast on mouseover, but not on target. For that to work do I need to have it listed as...

/ac Asylum <mo>
    /ac Asylum <t>
    /micon Asylum
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cyrillo Rongway
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    As written, it's not supposed to cast on target. It's supposed to cast on mo, and if no mo is available then it gives a manual placement circle. If you want to cast on target, change the mo to a t. Leave the line that doesn't have a target alone, because it's for manual placement.
    (0)
    Error 3102 Club, Order of the 52nd Hour

Player
    Character
    Draconerus Dragonborn
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 60
    Thanks! I apologize for the confusion on my part.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Draconerus Dragonborn
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 60
    I just noticed something else regarding this. Is there a way to get the macro to display tooltips? I can get them to display the icon, but no tooltip.
    (0)