Player
    Character
    Ayer Austen
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90

HoH feedback

Overall I like HoH. that said the failure to properly segment starting points is extremely frustrating. having to start at floor 21 every time you want to clear the content is a 4-5hr commitment, which is ridiculous.

Please consider segmenting the dungeon to 1-30, 31-60, 61-100. Fixed parties have an intrinsic issue regarding scheduling players' time to align which results in limiting access to the content.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Ryaz Darksbane
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Here's something annoying that happened to me today-- we were in the 60s, got a bad pull and I dropped (I was tank)... RDM raises me as the others die, I get up, prepare to pop a magicite-- and it says Duty Failed, despite the fact that I was up.

It should not fail you as long as someone is raising. That's just garbage.
    (21)

Player
    Character
    Maximum Powerful
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayer2015 View Post
    Overall I like HoH. that said the failure to properly segment starting points is extremely frustrating. having to start at floor 21 every time you want to clear the content is a 4-5hr commitment, which is ridiculous.

Please consider segmenting the dungeon to 1-30, 31-60, 61-100. Fixed parties have an intrinsic issue regarding scheduling players' time to align which results in limiting access to the content.

you either make the time committment to run it all in one go or break it up over a period of time. it's called a challenge for a reason. even after all this time they still don't have a similar way of doing PotD challenge floors so why would this be made any different?
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Cassandra Solidor
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    They would have either increase the floors from 61+ or severely reduce the number of pomenders you acquire otherwise the challenge becomes piss easy. The whole point is how risky the higher floors are due to time constricts. That becomes nil and void if a wipe on floor 84 sets you back an hour and a half. It just makes easier, which defeats the entire purpose. Likewise, if you allow a second tier, people are going to ignore whichever offers less EXP. That's how 51-60 became the go to spam for PotD.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ayer Austen
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by DrWho2010 View Post
    you either make the time committment to run it all in one go or break it up over a period of time. it's called a challenge for a reason. even after all this time they still don't have a similar way of doing PotD challenge floors so why would this be made any different?
    Limited access has nothing to do with difficulty.
    (14)

Player
    Character
    Ayer Austen
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Bourne_Endeavor View Post
    They would have either increase the floors from 61+ or severely reduce the number of pomenders you acquire otherwise the challenge becomes piss easy. The whole point is how risky the higher floors are due to time constricts. That becomes nil and void if a wipe on floor 84 sets you back an hour and a half. It just makes easier, which defeats the entire purpose. Likewise, if you allow a second tier, people are going to ignore whichever offers less EXP. That's how 51-60 became the go to spam for PotD.
    adjusting difficulty accordingly is totally reasonable. the time commitment is not.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Lynne Asteria
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    adjusting difficulty accordingly is totally reasonable. the time commitment is not.
    Can you not commit to do things on more than one day? I've never had issues doing this with friends, we just go when we feel like it, do some floors, stop when we had enough, get back to it again later.

It's an mmo, time commitment is a thing.
    (10)

Player
    Character
    Hyomin Park
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Limited access has nothing to do with difficulty.
    The time factor and the idea of wiping = going back to Floor 21 and starting over is part of the challenge; it’s supposed to incentivize you to not screw things up, plan, and think about how to use the resources you have. If the challenge was changed and players were able to start on Floor 51 or Floor 61 instead of Floor 21, that part of the challenge is erased. It’s supposed to be very gauntlet-style.

4 to 5 hours for HoH is a Saturday afternoon. Or two evenings before or after dinner, before bed. That’s not a huge time commitment. PotD took longer because you had to go through a minimum of 150 floors first so you would have a semblance of an argument there (though it could still be done the same way as HoH, just you would dedicate more afternoons/evenings to it), but HoH is only 80 floors...
    (7)
    Last edited by HyoMinPark; 07-08-2018 at 01:05 AM.
    Sage | Astrologian | Dancer

마지막 날 널 찾아가면
    마지막 밤 기억하길

Hyomin Park#0055

Player
    Character
    Cassandra Solidor
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Adding more floors per tier would increase the time commitment, rendering this a moot argument; 61-70 becomes 61-80 and 81-90 becomes 91-100 and so on. The mobs cannot get much stronger or they'll one-shot tanks without CDs, which you simply won't have enough. The time commitment is part of the difficult. Can you not set aside two hours one day and agree to meet up another if spending four times all at once is too much?
    (5)
    Last edited by Bourne_Endeavor; 07-08-2018 at 01:09 AM.

Character
    Riyah Arpeggio
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    ...if it's so good, let's add it to savage then. You have to do all four fights in one sitting, from tier 1 to tier 4, and you aren't allowed to swap members. I'll be nice and remove the "wiping once means you need to start the series from floor one" part. Can you see why it might be a burden for some people?

And at this point, if they do it twice it means they want it to stick, so I doubt it iwll be changed.
    (5)
    Last edited by RiyahArp; 07-08-2018 at 01:50 AM.

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast