Page 29 of 47 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 464
  1. #281
    Player
    Chalbee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Limsa Lominsa
    Posts
    238
    Character
    Chalbeaux Maxime
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by QueenSophie View Post
    This is a game, Oliver is playing it, just like you and I...He's not " denying " anybody anything.
    The difference being I can't think of anything else in this game that's zero-sum. Everything except housing is theoretically unlimited, so yes Oliver is denying other players housing.

    Quote Originally Posted by QueenSophie View Post
    Look into the mirror before ridiculing Oliver.
    I haven't seen anyone ridicule Oliver. Certainly a lot of rightfully deserved castigation though. Regardless of whether or not rules were actually broken, Oliver's actions are a tragedy of the commons. Perhaps it's my upbringing, but I've never been encouraged to take more than I need to the detriment of others, even if it was "allowed."
    (10)
    "Hello, I'm auditioning for the role of Ser Aymeric de Borel, and I'll be singing Electric Chapel by Lady Gaga"

  2. #282
    Player
    OliverB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    64
    Character
    Y'shtola Cat
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma-Astra View Post
    I'll take the constructive criticism when it doesn't come with childish taunts, kthxbye Felicia. ;P

    I probably did way, WAY over estimate the time, yes. My mistake, however, everyone could say that without trying to insult my intelligence, mind you. Maybe, it would take 18 hours, if you have over 50+. I still, however, don't agree with you owning like 22 properties, and that'll never change. Sorry, fam.
    That's fine, I didn't come here to make new friends, I came to answer questions.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hamada View Post
    That is your fault for taking it literally, you just want to strawman and red haring away from the fundamental issue.
    Who are you again? Oh you're the person who believes I actually bought an FC for 100m. The irony

    Quote Originally Posted by Chalbee View Post
    The difference being I can't think of anything else in this game that's zero-sum. Everything except housing is theoretically unlimited, so yes Oliver is denying other players housing.

    I haven't seen anyone ridicule Oliver. Certainly a lot of rightfully deserved castigation though. Regardless of whether or not rules were actually broken, Oliver's actions are a tragedy of the commons. Perhaps it's my upbringing, but I've never been encouraged to take more than I need to the detriment of others, even if it was "allowed."
    Housing isn't limited by any means and I think I'm doing alright at demonstrating that. There's always someone looking to get rid of their house for a certain price or people who don't even care and let their house be demolished. Laziness is the elephant in the room.
    (3)
    Last edited by OliverB; 07-13-2018 at 07:58 AM.

  3. #283
    Player
    Awha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    603
    Character
    Tin Can
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamada View Post

    You heard it here first, when SE tells you not to sell houses to players, especially when on a high mark up, it is "cleaver use of game mechanics" to sell the house by selling it by selling the FC
    To be fair the aspect of selling houses using the FC was something the entire community pointed out the moment they mentioned the changes. Yet SE did not listen, so what are you trying to get at?
    (2)

  4. #284
    Player illgot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    241
    Character
    Tanuki Crash
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Hestzhyen View Post
    He doesn't need your help to defend himself, clearly.

    What he's doing is exploiting a loop hole and being a troll on the forums when people call him out on it. Even if it's not technically breaking the rules it's definitely against the spirit of them, and he's basically waiving it in people's faces because it gets him a lot of angry replies. Are you really going to say he's innocent and doesn't deserve to be called the pathetic and selfish person he is? He's playing how he wants to at the detriment of other people and he's probably tickled pink that there are people like you who say it's not breaking a rule outright so people aren't allowed to be mad or upset. I don't know what it's like on Sargatanas but there is still a housing shortage on Gilgamesh. He's actually denying people the functionality and perks of owning a house just because he likes to play landlord.

    Yes, the ideal solution would be for SE to provide everyone with a house. That would be great. But until that day comes it's not unreasonable to ask people to restrain themselves to one FC and one personal house.
    yes it is unreasonable. Mainly because OliverB is playing with in the rules of the game. What would not be unreasonable is to start up a conversation on how to fix the housing system so people no longer want multiple FCs.
    (2)

  5. #285
    Player
    ProjectT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    28
    Character
    Moon Glory
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70
    Narcissist Y'shtola and additional accounts needs to go waller' in its Mist ward mudhole quagmires with its pig suits on. It delights in its own greedy behavior at the detriment of others and the FFXIV community. You're nothing special in this video game.
    (9)

  6. #286
    Player
    Hamada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Uldah
    Posts
    699
    Character
    Aya Hamada
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 64
    Quote Originally Posted by Awha View Post
    To be fair the aspect of selling houses using the FC was something the entire community pointed out the moment they mentioned the changes. Yet SE did not listen, so what are you trying to get at?
    What are you trying to get at? SE only reads the Japanese forums, people say a lot, maybe they did not think people would go this far? I got no idea, but there was a fitting post earlier that addressed this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Chalbee View Post
    You'd think this person has never heard of "just because you can doesn't mean you should." I find it absolutely amazing how shamelessly some people wear their greed like a badge of honor, and seem to expect praise for being the most clever little child in the sandbox.
    When SE makes a rule, like stating do not buy houses for a large amount of money, if you see this happening let us know, then expect people to do that? I mean don't expect people to be happy when you have a person sitting here stating they had a 3rd account giving FCs to a second account to get around a limitation. speaking of:
    Quote Originally Posted by illgot View Post
    yes it is unreasonable. Mainly because OliverB is playing with in the rules of the game. What would not be unreasonable is to start up a conversation on how to fix the housing system so people no longer want multiple FCs.
    So you think it is unreasonable to say to someone it is not a good idea to explain game exploits on an official forum that has a ToS that states taking advantage of exploits in the game we own is prohibited?
    (3)

  7. #287
    Player
    Awha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    603
    Character
    Tin Can
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamada View Post
    What are you trying to get at? SE only reads the Japanese forums, people say a lot, maybe they did not think people would go this far?
    What I am getting at is SE had a chance to do something about this they refused to listen and choose to ignore the player feedback regarding the changes. Look back most people said the changes would not stop selling of houses since all people would have to do is sell the FC, instead of the plot. People warned SE, they ignored it. Even if they did change the system SE already has set the precedent that they will grandfather people into the new set of rules. So once again, what are you trying to get at? Do you want a system change? Fair enough, but personally it seems like you are attacking players that found a cleaver loophole to rules SE put in place, a loophole SE was informed about by the community the moment the changes were announced.

    In the end SE was warned this would happen.
    (2)
    Last edited by Awha; 07-13-2018 at 08:29 AM.

  8. #288
    Player
    Nixxe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Ul'dah
    Posts
    1,005
    Character
    Nixx Delumi
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by OliverB View Post
    Housing isn't limited by any means and I think I'm doing alright at demonstrating that. There's always someone looking to get rid of their house for a certain price or people who don't even care and let their house be demolished. Laziness is the elephant in the room.
    It is objectively incorrect to say that "housing isn't limited by any means." The ability to shuffle housing around for the right price does not change the fact that the number of plots are finite or that their number falls well short of some theoretical upper end that might make them infinite for all intents and purposes.
    (6)

  9. #289
    Player
    Hamada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Uldah
    Posts
    699
    Character
    Aya Hamada
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 64
    Quote Originally Posted by Awha View Post
    What I am getting at is SE had a chance to do something about this they refused to listen and choose to ignore the player feedback regarding the changes. Look back most people said the changes would not stop selling of houses since all people would have to do is sell the FC, instead of the plot. People warned SE, they ignored it. Even if they did change the system SE already has set the precedent that they will grandfather people into the new set of rules. So once again, what are you trying to get at? Do you want a system change? Fair enough, but personally it seems like you are attacking players that found a cleaver loophole to rules SE put in place, a loophole SE was informed about by the community the moment the changes were announced.
    Once again what are you trying to get it because I responded to this idea time and time again:

    Quote Originally Posted by Chalbee View Post
    You'd think this person has never heard of "just because you can doesn't mean you should." I find it absolutely amazing how shamelessly some people wear their greed like a badge of honor, and seem to expect praise for being the most clever little child in the sandbox.
    It shocks me to no end you are basically saying "SE did not baby us so we can break the rules and not think for ourselves"
    (6)

  10. #290
    Player
    Awha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    603
    Character
    Tin Can
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamada View Post
    Once again what are you trying to get it because I responded to this idea time and time again:

    It shocks me to no end you are basically saying "SE did not baby us so we can break the rules and not think for ourselves"
    I am saying SE was warned about this loophole they did not act on it, so at that point it is safe the assume that they have no issue with it. As I said it is different if you are trying to change the policy to cover the loophole in question, but it personally seems like you are trying to also get SE to punish those that used the loophole that SE was informed about from the start. It is up the company to enforce their rules not the user base.
    (3)
    Last edited by Awha; 07-13-2018 at 08:53 AM.

Page 29 of 47 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast