Player
    Character
    Cylla Lightfall
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Awha View Post
    Cause it is funny. Either way even if SE did look into this further what would they find? That they used different accounts to transfer ownership? That is not against the ToS, and even if SE came out and said it was against the ToS it would be unfair for SE to punish players retroactively since they were told about how the system could potentially be used as a work around, and their inaction is what gave players the sense that it was okay.
    Are you even reading or you just skipping half the posts before you finally stop and decided to reply having no clue what actually being said?

I'm not even talking about transfers, I'm talking about BUYING AND SELLING. BIG god damn difference here.

Quote Originally Posted by Cylla View Post
    And we get that (or at least I do) but Oliver has admitted out right to buying (and I don't even doubt selling) houses and as YOU just even said, it against the ToS. So again I say, this is just alright to have SE turn the other way and not do anything about it? All because it supposedly "grandfather" in?

This is why I've been long done with this topic. Nobody is on the same page anymore.

Point blank - "it" admitted to doing something against ToS, maybe many at this point, but one that stands out is buying houses.
    (1)
    "Everyone has something they hold dear, something they never want to lose. That's why they pretend. That's why they hide the truth. And that's why they lie."

Player
    Character
    Aya Hamada
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 74
    Cause it is funny. Either way even if SE did look into this further what would they find? That they used different accounts to transfer ownership? That is not against the ToS, and even if SE came out and said it was against the ToS it would be unfair for SE to punish players retroactively since they were told about how the system could potentially be used as a work around, and their inaction is what gave players the sense that it was okay.
    No it is not funny,do you ever read the rules before hitting ok?:
    http://support.na.square-enix.com/ru...5382&tag=forum
    In addition to the restrictions set out in the Square Enix Account Terms of Use, the following actions are not allowed while participating in the forums. With the intention of improving the experience of the game for all participants, if a post includes any of the following violations, we reserve the right to take action including, but not limited to, editing/deleting/locking/moving the content without notice, restricting your forum usage, temporarily suspending either your FINAL FANTASY XIV Account or Square Enix Account, or permanently banning either your FINAL FANTASY XIV Account or Square Enix Account.
    -Posting aimed to create a negative impact on the community or its members.
    This is not reddit or 4 chan, stop acting like it is.
    For your last part, once again it WOULD BE FAIR to punish them because they signed this agreement:
    http://support.na.square-enix.com/ru...2&tag=users_en
    They where "warned" already when they agreed to this ToS.

No it is not "OK" to break the rules because , "and their inaction is what gave players the sense that it was okay." How come I knew it wasn't ok? Because I know how to analyze all the information presented to me, not making up excuses for my own interests. You are only saying that to defend your own personal interest. Let be use your own logic to show why it does not work. I said this in a past postedited)
    "SE not listening to the NA player base is a different issue, that is no excuse to break 2.1. Yes it should be punished. People that did that knew it was wrong, and did it anyway. They did it for greed, selfish gain, there is no room for defense. It is no different then the limit break situation, despite your attempts at a semantics argument in claiming it was different."
    So does you not replying agree with me? Clearly you think everyone should know it is wrong to do, transfer FCs to different accounts to bypass a rule and selling FCs to sell the house.
    Quote Originally Posted by OliverB View Post
    What am I lying about exactly?

I can relate. During early HW, I would encourage all my FC members to participate with workshop related activities and money was just pouring in for everyone. I remember selling Diadem access to a bunch of people who didn't have it unlocked. We banked a couple times on Elysium FC because it took them a while to have it unlocked. Despite originally being told to go ** ourselves, they ended up paying 2m per person just to get in. 14m straight in our pockets for literally 0 effort. Can't do this sort of stuff with a personal house lol.
    And here we have more examples of cat admitting breaking 3.2 of the ToS.
    Going to be honest, anyone that goes for a personal house over a FC house is leaving gil on table, which is silly. End of the day I do not understand why people are attacking the players when they really should be attacking SE to fix their housing system. Make it so apartments can be expanded upon, add an instance green house, maybe tie a workshop to GC once you reach a certain rank. Instead we have a 39 page thread witch hunting.
    The only "witch hunting" is cat doing it to themselves. People are just pointing out how they keep admitting to breaking the rules and acting in immoral ways. That is all there is to it. SE did housing poorly yes, but that is not an excuse to act in this manner
    (2)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Hamada View Post
    No it is not funny,do you ever read the rules before hitting ok?:

This is not reddit or 4 chan, stop acting like it is.
    For your last part, once again it WOULD BE FAIR to punish them because they signed this agreement:
    http://support.na.square-enix.com/ru...2&tag=users_en
    They where "warned" already when they agreed to this ToS.

No it is not "OK" to break the rules because , "and their inaction is what gave players the sense that it was okay." How come I knew it wasn't ok? Because I know how to analyze all the information presented to me, not making up excuses for my own interests. You are only saying that to defend your own personal interest. Let be use your own logic to show why it does not work. I said this in a past postedited)
    "SE not listening to the NA player base is a different issue, that is no excuse to break 2.1. Yes it should be punished. People that did that knew it was wrong, and did it anyway. They did it for greed, selfish gain, there is no room for defense. It is no different then the limit break situation, despite your attempts at a semantics argument in claiming it was different."
    So does you not replying agree with me? Clearly you think everyone should know it is wrong to do, transfer FCs to different accounts to bypass a rule and selling FCs to sell the house.

And here we have more examples of cat admitting breaking 3.2 of the ToS.

The only "witch hunting" is cat doing it to themselves. People are just pointing out how they keep admitting to breaking the rules and acting in immoral ways. That is all there is to it. SE did housing poorly yes, but that is not an excuse to act in this manner
    If you look at this simply from a ToS violation (which it is not but I am humoring you) then yeah you are saying SE should punish every character that has broken the ToS end of story. You cannot pick and choose, if the ToS serves as a warning and since players signed the agreement then yeah SE should take action on every infraction a player has made against the ToS no matter how trivial it seems. Do you really see SE doing that?

Leaving that aside as I and others have mentioned in many posts before, what would you do regarding FC ownership transferring due to inactivity? Also selling services for in-game currency is not against the ToS, nor is transferring ownership of an FC against the ToS. Just so happens ownership transferring happens to provide a means of bypassing one of the stipulations. Also how will SE be able to tell which transfers were done willingly to bypass and those that were done based off FC inactivity or leader leaving the FC.

You are upset about this I get it, you may personally see the action as wrong or immoral does not mean everyone else will. My man just take a breather, join the club and come to terms with the fact SE views this as a non-issue issue. Maybe 5.0 they will provide players with proper instance housing. Come on think about it this thread is 39 pages, and the only official comments made regarding housing you could find was a youtube video from an two years ago. Clearly this is not SE top priority.

Look at it this way when you see someone on the forums post someones name in a thread, what do you see? People telling the poster that they should blurr out the names because the moderators could suspend them for listing names. See, when they enforce the rules people follow them, but you really cannot come out swinging the hammer of justice years later dropping people like flies. While you may not agree with it if this go unpunished the action becomes the norm. I mean how many people do you see running around with a copyrighted name in game? Or cruising? That is against the ToS. Your mindset would get a lot of people needlessly suspended for no reason. If they want to tackle the loophole fine, but make an official post stating that X will no longer be tolerated moving forward. That is fair for everyone. Though it is not fair for you since clearly you want players to be made an example of, you are juts being petty that is all.

You may not find it funny, but I sure as hell do.

Everything in this game/forum is against the ToS
    They want FFXIV to be a single player game. :P Also rip post limit.
    (1)
    Last edited by Awha; 07-16-2018 at 11:29 AM.

Player
    Character
    Y'shtola Cat
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Everything in this game/forum is against the ToS
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Masahiro Kido
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    If SE would've made housing non-limited, added a larger amount of houses and wards, etc then this game would'nt have any housing issues, housing wars, or people bypassing housing rules and all the other BS that SE has made happen. I have never seen a more flawed housing system in a MMO. It's lazy design and honestly shameful. I mean imho, houses aren't even worth it anymore. If SE actually got off their asses and improved apartments then that would help out the player base immensely. Like, adding a second floor, adding a balcony or something for Gardening (which would also mean more flower pots to use in apartments), among other things.

FFXI had housing out at the beginning of the game and it's older than FFXIV is. FFXIV took 3 YEARS since relaunch to come up with apartments (basically the FFXIV mog houses, minus the moogle). It's been 2 years now, and SE hasn't made much changes or improvements to apartments. Wtf are they doing with our sub money? Spending it on happy endings? There's a lot that can be done but they are too lazy to do much. Either get rid of the limited housing system entirely or make housing unlimited but with slight restrictions like one per world and if you want to upgrade your private into a FC house and vice versa. If players can come up with better ideas than them, then they need to get good.

/2 cents
    (4)
    Last edited by Usho; 07-16-2018 at 11:52 AM.

Player
    Character
    Mikeru Takeuchi
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    At this point, I am grateful for even getting a house in the first place. I don't squander opportunities presented to me when the new wards were opened. I sure as heaven and hell don't take my rewards for granted when I see that I can readily earn them. I use what I earned and make the best of them as I go along.
    (4)
    Last edited by RokkuEkkusu; 07-16-2018 at 11:53 AM.
    My Current Characters:
    Mikeru Takeuchi: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/14812205/
    Ekkusu Volnutt: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/8909941/
    Rokku Sigma: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/5714962/

"Break a warrior's body, and he will thirst for vengeance. Break his spirit, and he will clamor for peace. Judge my methods distasteful if you will - but know that I seek to end this conflict, not prolong it." - Yadovv Gah, Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn

Player
    Character
    Aya Hamada
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 74
    If you look at this simply from a ToS violation (which it is not but I am humoring you) then yeah you are saying SE should punish every character that has broken the ToS end of story. You cannot pick and choose, if the ToS serves as a warning and since players signed the agreement then yeah SE should take action on every infraction a player has made against the ToS no matter how trivial it seems. Do you really see SE doing that?
    Why do you think those rules exist in the first place? What do you think the point is? Real life works the same way in case you did not know, judgment is passed based on the amount of harm that has been passed. Those rules are in place to keep a set amount of civil order and to have people act in a more civil manner then without them. Again you are repeating yourself but saying it differently and has been addressed a thousand times in this thread.
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...37#post4725537
    Everything else is off the subject, you will say anything to defend immoral acts apparently. I am tried of repeating myself because all you do is repeat yourself, btw:
    Posting a number of posts with the same content.
    You keep asking the same thing till you can trap me in a stawman, it is not going to work. It is not my fault or SE's fault some people can't tell what is right and wrong. I had a higher standard for the human race to think.
    I do not find intentional disruption funny, I do not find negative impacting the community funny
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Y'shtola Cat
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Oh no.

He didn't.

Someone tell me he didn't just compare the game rules and IRL laws.

ROFLMAO
    (1)
    Last edited by OliverB; 07-16-2018 at 01:47 PM.

Player

Movie pass is a good example, in their ToS they never removed the part that states you cannot see the same movie again, but since they did not enforce the rule people ignored the rule. Yet when they wanted to enforce the rule they released an official statement stating that moving forward they will be enforcing the no duplicate viewings of the same film using movie pass. Sure people complained, but overall most people understood and they understood that they could no go around punishing players for a rule they did not enforce.

Major kicker is passing of FC ownership is not even against the rules in the first place, I have been humoring you yet you still refuse to give a straight answer regarding your stance on punishing players for ToS violations. I am not against SE enforcing their ToS I am all for it, but I am against people like you asking others to be punished for SE inaction and putting the burden on the players to enforce the companies rules. Reason laws work is because they are enforced. Oddly enough you do not link the post were they mentioned that SE should make a statement regarding X that states when they will be enforcing X. Which is fair, what you want is SE to punish people because they broke the rules end of story.

Also what should we do about inactive leadership within FC's? Only way to prevent the loophole is to make it so FC leadership can no longer be transferred, that harms more people then leaving the system as is.

Oh no.

He didn't.

Someone tell me he didn't just compare the game rules and IRL laws.

ROFLMAO
    I still do not understand how someone who is so black and white with the rules is having such a hard time giving a straight answer regarding other forms of ToS violations. Oh well.
    (0)
    Last edited by Awha; 07-16-2018 at 02:22 PM.

Player
    Character
    Blackmage Vivi
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    if you edit your post to bypass the character limit you are breaking the rules and should be banned, i mean you are exploiting the rules just because you can do it doesn't mean you should and that it's ok.
    (4)

Page 39 of 47 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast