Page 30 of 47 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 464
  1. #291
    Player
    Hamada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Uldah
    Posts
    737
    Character
    Aya Hamada
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 65
    Quote Originally Posted by Awha View Post
    I am saying SE was warned about this loophole they did not act on it, so at that point it is safe the assume that they have no issue with it. As I said it is different if you are trying to change the policy to cover the loophole in question, but it personally seems like you are trying to also get SE to punish those that used the loophole and SE was informed about from the start. It is up the company to enforce their rules not the user base.
    I addressed you several times already. Why are you repeating yourself to make me repeat myself? If SE wanted people to do this, they would not make the limitation in the first place, ONE FC HOUSE PER ACCOUNT! Just because they did not baby you, does not mean " so at that point it is safe the assume that they have no issue with it" You are just trying to find excuses for people breaking the rules and yes people need to be punished for breaking the rules. You are right, the company should enforce the rules, that is what I am asking for in this thread, seeing someone openly admitted to breaking them.

    Also sweeping purges after an exploit is abused for a while is not new to SE, are you aware what happened when people exploited Salvage bans of ffxi? I am not implying SE should repeat such action, in this case they can take back all the houses bought illegally and put them back up on the market. Also there is a basic moral issue here, you are not free to take 10 of something for one, when 9 have none. SE says do not exploit the game, you can't defend "not doing anything wrong" with that rule, this rule was broke by some, and SE should uphold their ToS.
    (4)

  2. #292
    Player
    OliverB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    64
    Character
    Y'shtola Cat
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 70
    But you can have as many FC houses as you desire right now? There's no restriction
    (3)

  3. #293
    Player
    RezPls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    14
    Character
    Rez Pls
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamada View Post
    snip
    The housing and market systems in FFXIV work on a capitalist structure. If x-player has the means to legally gain property or funds, they are not punished or restricted for exercising their purchasing power. Yeah, it might be shitty and might just be viewed as an excessive expression of greed, but the GM team and moderation is there to enact the ToS as it stands; not take away someone's house or ban them because they acquired property within the ToS wasn't to your liking. Much to your chagrin, they were obtained through legal means.

    It's very sad that a thread that had the intention to seek out housing solutions is now a witch hunt.

    Also you seem extremely pressed over attacking someone who came to post in their defense. I hope whatever is going on in your life that caused you to fixate on this gets better. <3
    (5)
    Last edited by RezPls; 07-13-2018 at 12:16 PM.

  4. #294
    Player
    Hamada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Uldah
    Posts
    737
    Character
    Aya Hamada
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 65
    Quote Originally Posted by RezPls View Post
    The housing and market systems in FFXIV work on a capitalist structure. If x-player has the means to legally gain property or funds, they are not punished or restricted for exercising their purchasing power. Yeah, it might be shitty and might just be viewed as an excessive expression of greed, but the GM team and moderation is there to enact the ToS as it stands; not take away someone's house or ban them because they acquired property within the ToS wasn't to your liking. Much to your chagrin, they were obtained through legal means.

    It's very sad that a thread that had the intention to seek out housing solutions is now a witch hunt.

    Also you seem extremely pressed over attacking someone who came to post in their defense. I hope whatever is going on in your life that caused you to fixate on this gets better. <3
    I am displeased people are defending rule breaking and explaining how to exploit this game. Furthermore have you been keeping up with the thread at all?:
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...to-this-thread
    Yoshi-p SAID HIMSELF you can't do:
    Quote Originally Posted by OliverB View Post
    You get 100m, I get your house.
    Why are you attacking me for asking the rules to be upheld? They where not gained by legal means, how can you claim that? Also I am not on a "witch hunt." OliverB put that on themselves when they explained like in 5 different posts, on how they are proud to violate the ToS.
    Quote Originally Posted by OliverB View Post
    But you can have as many FC houses as you desire right now? There's no restriction
    But you did it with the limitation in place, as you explained yourself it was the reason you had to buy a fc house on account 3, and transfer it on account 2, furthermore you use that 2 week period to safely convert your personals to FC houses, this has all been said by you.
    (5)
    Last edited by Hamada; 07-13-2018 at 12:37 PM.

  5. #295
    Player
    OliverB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    64
    Character
    Y'shtola Cat
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamada View Post
    I am displeased people are defending rule breaking and explaining how to exploit this game. Furthermore have you been keeping up with the thread at all?

    Why are you attacking me for asking the rules to be upheld? They where not gained by legal means, how can you claim that? Also I am not on a "witch hunt."

    But you did it with the limitation in place, as you explained yourself it was the reason you had to buy a fc house on account 3, and transfer it on account 2, furthermore you use that 2 week period to safely convert your personals to FC houses, this has all been said by you.

    Look who's talking. You can't even keep up with replies directed to you. I asked you countless times to explain why converting a personal plot into an FC plot during those two weeks would make any sense, because it doesn't. You're not asking the rules to be upheld, you're asking your rules to be upheld. Sadly for you, your opinion means nothing.




    Keep on believing I would spend 100m on a house
    (0)

  6. #296
    Player
    Awha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    608
    Character
    Tin Can
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamada View Post
    I addressed you several times already. Why are you repeating yourself to make me repeat myself? If SE wanted people to do this, they would not make the limitation in the first place, ONE FC HOUSE PER ACCOUNT! Just because they did not baby you, does not mean " so at that point it is safe the assume that they have no issue with it" You are just trying to find excuses for people breaking the rules and yes people need to be punished for breaking the rules. You are right, the company should enforce the rules, that is what I am asking for in this thread, seeing someone openly admitted to breaking them.

    Also sweeping purges after an exploit is abused for a while is not new to SE, are you aware what happened when people exploited Salvage bans of ffxi? I am not implying SE should repeat such action, in this case they can take back all the houses bought illegally and put them back up on the market. Also there is a basic moral issue here, you are not free to take 10 of something for one, when 9 have none. SE says do not exploit the game, you can't defend "not doing anything wrong" with that rule, this rule was broke by some, and SE should uphold their ToS.

    I am repeating myself since you do not seem to understand how retro actively punishing the playerbase for something said playerbase made SE aware of before the system went into place is unfair. You call it babying I call it SE not acting on feedback from the players. I do not believe in retroactively players. If SE wants to start enforcing their rules awesome, but players should not lose their plots because SE has decided that now they wish to enforce the rules. SE does say a lot of thing, that is why I worry a tad when people ask for SE to enforce the rules with retroactive punishment. Think of those that use ACT, have names based off copyrighted priorities, perform users, visual modders, all of them are breaking rules should they be punished? Also I did not play XI, but did the community make SE aware of the issue prior to the release of the content and did SE never make a statement acknowledging the issue and their stance on it?

    Also what would you do with players that have inherited FC houses on alt characters due to inactivity within that FC? Should they be punished because they happened to be in a FC on an alt that died? How do you punish cases like that that whole enforcing the one FC per account rule for the "rule breakers" I am all for a revision of the policy and rules regarding housing, but as a community we should not advocate for retroactive punishment. If any changes to the policy are made people should be grandfathered in the system, and not have their plots taken away from them.
    (2)
    Last edited by Awha; 07-13-2018 at 01:58 PM.

  7. #297
    Player
    Hamada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Uldah
    Posts
    737
    Character
    Aya Hamada
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 65
    Quote Originally Posted by Awha View Post
    I am repeating myself since you do not seem to understand how retro actively punishing the playerbase for something said playerbase made SE aware of before the system went into place is unfair. You call it babying I call it SE not acting on feedback from the players. I do not believe in retroactively players. If SE wants to start enforcing their rules awesome, but players should not lose their plots because SE has decided that now they wish to enforce the rules. That is akin to asking SE to retroactively punish everyone that has used ACT due to a sudden change of heart on the part of SE. I did not play XI, but did the community make SE aware of the issue prior to the release of the content and did SE never make a statement acknowledging the issue and their stance on it?

    Also what would you do with players that have inherited FC houses on slt accounts due to inactivity within that FC? Should they be punished because they happened to be in a FC on an alt that died? How do you punish cases like that that whole enforcing the one FC per account rule for the "rule breakers"
    This is the FFXIV user agreement, the thing you check the box off when you hit next when you are making your account:
    http://support.na.square-enix.com/ru...2&tag=users_en
    Just because the player base sees a loophole is not an excuse to take advantage of it, right at 2.1 it states:
    2.1 Cheating and Botting. You may not create or use any unauthorized cheats, bots, automation software, hacks, mods or any other unauthorized software or hardware designed to modify the Game and gameplay. In addition, you may not take advantage of game system bugs and exploits during gameplay.
    Then note this:
    https://youtu.be/BJwPCxau7CA?t=336
    Then there is this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivi_Bushido View Post
    A house opened up next door to my FC on my server and I tried to give an FC member gil to purchase it but they were unable to because of the timer. While we were standing all over the placecard trying to plan our next move, some undressed miqo'te who was level 50 max, comes literally sprinting down the street, relocates instantly, and names their new house "My Ward, not yours". Not entirely certain what the message behind the name of the plot meant; but it was pretty obviously an alt with the intention to flip. That was two weeks ago and to this very day, the house has not been decorated. The same plot was later spotted on reddit for sale apart of an outrageous bundle deal requesting for 10 times the amount it was by default price just for relocation value. Yeah, it was a bit upsetting to see.
    Now of course we have to toss out the references of reddit and heresay. However, when you name the plots "my ward not yours" that alone fits 3.2, disruption. Naming the houses in that manner is basically admitting you are doing so to grief others. It is showing they want to own a ward for the sake of doing so, so others can't have a house knowing it is limited. Outside the ToS this also crosses a moral ground as well.

    Now the breaking 2.1 comes in play when a person flats out state they moved FC house from account 3 to account 2, this fills the requirement of 2.1, a loophole is another way of saying exploit. Also they stated they held housing as personal till they leveled FC to rank 6, they converted them because of:
    Quote Originally Posted by OliverB View Post
    That's always been the case though. Any smart person would get an FC house over a personal house. Having access to the workshop/airships/subs/wheel stand to prime FC buffs is a major capital gain on top of being able to retrieve the original cost of the plot since the next owner doesn't have to purchase the plot again.
    They flat out admitted the conversion was pure for reselling, since SE stated about the RNG timer on relinquish, they went out to convert their personals to FC. You are going to tell me this situation is perfectly legal with all the statements they stated, along with what is stated in the ToS, on top of what Yoshi-P said on reselling housing? Inheriting a FC from inactivity is a lot different then rapidly transferring FC house ownership to bypass a restriction and frankly converting personals to FCs that mysteriously happened after SE announced the RNG timer thing. I am sure they have logs of gil movement and other things to prove one thing or another. You very well know that last line of yours is an attempt to get off the subject to defeat a weaker argument. I want to post and explain why people should be doing the right thing, not finding loopholes to get away with something, when again there is 2.1 saying that is against the rules, so there is no defense in acting in this manner.
    (4)
    Last edited by Hamada; 07-13-2018 at 02:22 PM.

  8. #298
    Player
    Awha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    608
    Character
    Tin Can
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamada View Post
    This is the FFXIV user agreement, the thing you check the box off when you hit next when you are making your account:
    http://support.na.square-enix.com/ru...2&tag=users_en
    Just because the player base sees a loophole is not an excuse to take advantage of it, right at 2.1 it states:
    So you would also be okay with players being retroactively punished for other ToS violations? Say if SE went back and checked the chat logs for and punished every player that used profanity since SE has made the decision to enforce that rule in game. Have you never used profanity or any language that a reasonable person would find offensive. T Should players that have been using ACT all this time be retroactively punished if made the choice to enforce that rule?These are also in the ToS, as I said SE does say a lot of things, but actions speak louder then ToS text.

    Also does not answer why should a player that has inherited an FC plot on a alt be punished.

    I have no issue with them changing the rules, but to retroactively punish players for rules they have not enforced for the longest time is extremely unfair.
    (2)
    Last edited by Awha; 07-13-2018 at 02:53 PM.

  9. #299
    Player
    Tokette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    2
    Character
    Alice Liddel
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    After reading 30 pages wow lots there lol. I know the OP and Oliver sorry to say thread wasn't about you (never heard of you or your FC till this point). The original point of the post was yes its upsetting seeing FC's owning tons of housing, someone mentioned Excalibur and those here know who is being talked about. The thing is is not just one server this is happening on many others as well, SE can take this almost any direction instanced housing, more wards or the other someone mentioned more instanced wards up till housing is no longer an issue. SE says something can't be done all they want but we all know they could find a way IF they really wanted to.

    P.S. just my two cents but owning half a ward or the whole thing is that REALLY needed?? I could do something like Oliver, I choose not to, even been looking for a personal house and always see people standing near the open ones waiting for that timer. Usually I'll start a convo with them and if they really need it for thier FC I pass on it because I know its needed.
    (1)

  10. #300
    Player
    DoctorClockwork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    3
    Character
    Jehuty Norixius
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70
    Holy Shit I started a Soap Opera Drama. I'm loving all the salt going on in this thread. Still have yet to land a personal. Gonna keep trying when I can.

    Hey Oliver. Have no idea who you are but you may want to re-read that ToS buddy. :P

    Whelp, time to let this thread develop for 30 more pages.
    (5)
    Last edited by DoctorClockwork; 07-13-2018 at 03:21 PM.

Page 30 of 47 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... LastLast