Character
    Pa Lin'guine
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Blue Mage Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by illgot View Post
    -

You mean to untie FC from workshop? What's the guarantee they won't do it on multiple characters anyway? It will still happen, just on smaller scale and workshop was meant to be large-scale crafting/gathering projects. If housing is purely personal, the problem still exists also. Best way is already said, convert wards into social meet instances and use separate instanced housing. We wouldn't need housing wards if Limsa/Gridania/Uldah were instanced also, the town, not their housing zones.
    (0)
    Last edited by uvuvwevwevweonyetenyevweugwemu; 07-10-2018 at 11:29 PM.

Player
    Character
    Stouter Taru
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by uvuvwevwevweonyetenyevweugwemu View Post
    workshop was meant to be large-scale crafting/gathering projects.
    If workshops were split from FC housing, they would remain large scale projects. The price tag and amount of effort would scare off most people
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Pa Lin'guine
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Blue Mage Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by StouterTaru View Post
    If workshops were split from FC housing, they would remain large scale projects. The price tag and amount of effort would scare off most people
    Not overly fond of the idea. One of the benefit with FC is trading between FC. FC has limited airships so some trading with others still good. Tying it to a person means a person set the price, whereas if it were an FC, I can bargain mats to mats or if they want something made that their workshop/airship hasn't unlock. I mean not per person, just whoever has access. Marketboard style is either overpriced or usually I end up gathering/sending airship myself.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Brynne Lagaao
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    They don't necessarily need to be split from the FC itself, even just from the housing would be enough right now. If you don't have a house, make it so you can pay Cid or your GC a bunch of gil for a workshop for your FC (and of course having all the requirements needed to purchasing housing). It could just take you to the same workshop instance you get with a house.
    (5)

Character
    Tanuki Crash
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by uvuvwevwevweonyetenyevweugwemu View Post
    You mean to untie FC from workshop? What's the guarantee they won't do it on multiple characters anyway? It will still happen, just on smaller scale and workshop was meant to be large-scale crafting/gathering projects. If housing is purely personal, the problem still exists also. Best way is already said, convert wards into social meet instances and use separate instanced housing. We wouldn't need housing wards if Limsa/Gridania/Uldah were instanced also, the town, not their housing zones.
    Is running multiple airships with each character any different than running multiple ventures with each character? If every player had access to the workshop without requiring an FC, it would work out better for the majority of players. All crafted items from workshops would become more affordable, the crafting materials from airships and subs would become more affordable and if a player wants they can farm the materials themselves and make gil.

I have 8 characters who run 9 retainers each. That is 81 retainers running ventures for me every hour. It is how I make millions of gill in a single day. Once the app is available I may have 10 depending how on how the unlock works and I'll be able (maybe) to resend them every hour even when I am not at home.

I do not see how a person leveling up 8 characters, then building 4 subs and 4 airships, then leveling up 4 subs and 4 airships all the while keeping up with repairs and fuel costs is any different than me running 81 retainers. To be blunt, the materials I bring back with my retainers will still be more valuable because all crafters will use all the materials my retainers bring back. That is a larger market plus my retainers cost basically nothing to send out since they are self sustaining when I send them out for Quick Ventures and the gear they bring back alone earns me more GC Seals than it costs to send them out.

Plus if players no longer need to have an FC to use these features, then all these "horrible exploiters" will have no reason to keep their houses or those 1 man FCs.
    (3)
    Last edited by illgot; 07-11-2018 at 04:25 AM.

Player
    Character
    Light Khah
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by NanaWiloh View Post
    Oliver was able to pull off getting multiple FC homes on one account cause the changes had no effect on the FC system. .
    They needed a second account to do this because they probably did this while the new rules were still intact. (Because with them you could only have one FC per account) Maybe SE simply did not look out for such exploids but they are still exploids if they happened while the rules are still active. If this did not happen while they were active they wouldnt have needed to do this in such a complicated way.

They also stated in this very thread that they bought houses from other players which is against the ToS and there are rumors in another thread in another forum that the person in question is now trying to sell their houses for huge prices too.

If the amount of stuff that you need for airships and other items stay the same its not that harsh. I built an airship and one boat completely alone and already have all the items to craft a second ship and extra parts for the old one. Was it a bit of work? Yes, but nothing that harsh either.
    (2)
    Last edited by Alleo; 07-11-2018 at 04:40 AM.
    Letter from the Producer LIVE Part IX Q&A Summary (10/30/2013)
    Q: Will there be any maintenance fees or other costs for housing, besides the cost of the land and house?
    A: In older MMOs, such as Ultima Online, there was a house maintenance fee you had to pay weekly, but in FFXIV: ARR we decided against this system. Similarly, these older MMOs also had a system where your house would break down if you didn’t log in after a while in order to have you continue your subscription, but this is a thing of the past and we won't have any system like that.

Player
    Character
    Nana Wiloh
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Alleo View Post
    They needed a second account to do this because they probably did this while the new rules were still intact. (Because with them you could only have one FC per account) Maybe SE simply did not look out for such exploids but they are still exploids if they happened while the rules are still active. If this did not happen while they were active they wouldnt have needed to do this in such a complicated way.

They also stated in this very thread that they bought houses from other players which is against the ToS and there are rumors in another thread in another forum that the person in question is now trying to sell their houses for huge prices too.

If the amount of stuff that you need for airships and other items stay the same its not that harsh. I built an airship and one boat completely alone and already have all the items to craft a second ship and extra parts for the old one. Was it a bit of work? Yes, but nothing that harsh either.

Thats not how the temp rule worked. You could have multiple characters on the same world in multiple FC's, but if one of more of those FC's owned a home no other character on that world could purchase a FC home.
    [/QUOTE]

The temp rules!! No where does it say you could not have every character on a single world in a FC.
    (0)
    Last edited by NanaWiloh; 07-11-2018 at 05:25 AM.

Player
    Character
    Katarh Mest
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 90
    Meanwhile, on Lamia server, all the smalls around my medium in the Goblet have been demolished or the owners have moved on to other wards. Feels really empty.
    (0)

Character
    Tanuki Crash
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Catwho View Post
    Meanwhile, on Lamia server, all the smalls around my medium in the Goblet have been demolished or the owners have moved on to other wards. Feels really empty.
    there are a lot of empty houses on Midgar as well and not just Goblet. Though Shiro fills up pretty fast when a house empties.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Momomi Momi
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Cylla View Post
    lol....probably just alt characters of yours/friends so you can take the heat off yourself for owning half a ward. Looking at half them people on the list on lodestone... first one only got a 56 job and rest is all in crafting in level 20's.... Yeah... don't believe it for a moment. No less, was posted on July 1st hmmm, only a few days before this thread was posted. And since there no information about who "won" the first one, can't look that one up soooo yeah, nope. Not believing the whole, "I gave away houses." excuse.
    Is it really so hard to believe? It's a small. I bought a small last time I was playing with full knowledge I was going to lose it because I had no intention of subbing. 3 million gil is nothing.

I've also considered selling a mansion to an FC at a discounted price (lower than the price it costs) but I didn't because the question of whether it was allowed or not was muddy. I could even give one away if I was feeling particularly generous that day. Considered that, too, but didn't feel like going through with how I planned to do it (interviewing the FCs).
    (2)

Page 20 of 47 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast