Player
    Character
    Remedi Maxwell
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by KisaiTenshi View Post
    Sorry, Lore reasons. If you've played any of the storyline, you'd know why.

That said, why are summoners, and even HoH limited to just the 3 relevant to the 2.0 storyline? We fought at least 6 in ARR.
    It's the first HW quest that tells you so, essentially you can't have too many primals signatures in you
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Saine Lotice
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Honestly, while the HoH summons are cool in their own right, I'd find them quite boring as a Job-Mechanic. I never understood whats supposed to be so exciting about the Summons just popping up for a few seconds and then vanish, I never enjoyed that in earlier FFs and I certainly wouldn't enjoy it here.
    I've always been more of a fan of how Summoner/Summons were handled from FFX onwards, and I'd prefer it if they reworked Summoner to reflect that 'fighting as a team' aspect more. Instead of having our pets be glorified DoTs/clunky Selfbuffs. *coughbahamutcough*

Quote Originally Posted by Rufalus View Post
    Might get some more egi glams soon at least since when asked about it at E3, Yoshida acknowledged that players have waited long enough for an update.
    Do you per chance have a source for that? o.o Not saying you're wrong, I just usually keep an eye out for Info on egi glamour an I don't remember seeing any at this years E3. So I might have missed something.
    (0)

Character
    Shinigami Zetta
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    I think many people are missing the whole point of HoH. Did any of you actually read the story through it? or just skipped CS. It gives a brief back ground on the way the lore works. The summons are just a manifestation to help clear floors and really have nothing to do as a summon for summoner. IF they wanted to incorporate other summons I think doing things like the Bahamut summon would work well to an extend. Personally I miss FFXI summons they were a bit more fun to have.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Vice Shark
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    I'd rather have that kind of summoning animation than a chicken mcnugget/scrawny bird follow me around all day.

This is where smn lore doesn't enhance gameplay. Rather, it impedes it from evolving.
    (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rein_eon_Osborne View Post
    Healing DRK is literally... the same since ShB. The reason why people think it's a meme to heal nowadays because DRK receives very little to no buff to their sustainability vs 3 other tanks getting something useful. If you're capable of healing DRK back in ShB (or any tanks), then you'll heal EW DRK just fine.

Player
    Character
    Jenna Starsong
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by KisaiTenshi View Post
    That said, why are summoners, and even HoH limited to just the 3 relevant to the 2.0 storyline? We fought at least 6 in ARR.
    I always thought it weird that they had a shot at this in HW and didn't take it. The could have called Painflare Thunderspark and given it a Ramuh animation. Called Tri-Disaster Acid Rain and given it a Levi animation, etc. Would have been an easy answer to the "where are the other egis" question, but nope. Nothing. Feels like a missed opportunity.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nettle Creidne
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayer2015 View Post
    So.... are the summons in HoH any indication SMN may actually get a rework in 5.0 to be a proper Summoner? These are exactly what I wanted from the SMN job from the beginning (obviously not the same damage).
    They look cool but are very impractical. Their spell effect invades your entire field of vision and the primals themselves are massive. This would be a nightmare in combat. Rdm lb3 already causes deaths and it only covers the floor.

I'm not against improving how smn egis look, I just don't want them to be like the magicite primals in HoH.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Blackiron Tarkus
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    Swap the SMN LB3 with the primals and call it day. I personally think its better if they just implement the exact same action and effects but maybe extend the duration of the primal casting by roughly 2 more seconds. It's not intrusive like Megaflare and fits very nicely with the lore of SMN of "borrowing" power. Plus I think it would make for some great scenarios in 24 man raids if you have three SMN's in each alliance and they each have a different pet and then use LB3 and you see all three primals at once. That would be cool.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Fawkes Macleod
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    I don't think magicite is a hint at a SMN rework, but there was a quote from an interview recently that made me think they might be doing a rework.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Asuka Kiyomi
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    i love being a red mage and "summoning" ifrit while the summoner stands with his small egi XD, just I am part white mage part black mage and now PART summoner (for a brief moment)
    (3)

Sometimes you just got to have Some fun

Player
    Character
    Vanitas Olterian
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    Egis suck
    /10char
    (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by AxlStream View Post
    You're good at the game? You're an elitist.
    You're using a parser to better yourself? Elitist.
    You're making suggestions on how someone can improve themselves? E l i t i s t.

You wipe a farm party constantly but you're having fun playing your way. Nah you're fine dude.

This community astounds me at times.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast