Player
    Character
    Ayer Austen
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90

HoH Summons & SMN

So.... are the summons in HoH any indication SMN may actually get a rework in 5.0 to be a proper Summoner? These are exactly what I wanted from the SMN job from the beginning (obviously not the same damage).
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Remedi Maxwell
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    No they aren't, as the magicite says it's just your recollection of them and the power of the place. SMN will probably keep going with temporary demi-summons from now on
    (12)

Player
    Character
    Crushing Fatigue
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Remedi View Post
    No they aren't, as the magicite says it's just your recollection of them and the power of the place. SMN will probably keep going with temporary demi-summons from now on
    Pretty much this. Magicite is it's own kettle of fish and like with the pomanders, they don't work that way outside of the dungeon. Ergo SMN will always have their egis.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Lufie Newleaf
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    They can rework whatever gameplay things they want and their lore guys will come up with an explanation for it. I don't feel like this will happen but who knows. Might get some more egi glams soon at least since when asked about it at E3, Yoshida acknowledged that players have waited long enough for an update.
    (4)

Player

Personal opinion, but if they were to ever bring something like that out, I don't think it would go over too well with current summoners. Might be better to have an entirely different class... Cali it Evoker or something.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Lumen Stargazer
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    I think a good start would be to evolve egi Garuda, Ifrit, and Titan into demi transparent forms by the time you hit 80, with perhaps the 3 missing traditional summons as new spells.

So new traits from 71-80
    (Demi Essence: Ifrit)
    (Demi Essence: Garuda)
    (Demi Essence: Titan)

New spells from 71-80
    1. Summon Demi Shiva (debuff type pet)
    2. Summon Demi Ramuh (AOE type pet)
    3. Summon Demi Leviathan (Buff/Minor heal pet) by heal I mean just a regen. No cure that Going too far into a SCH territory.
    (3)
    Last edited by Brightshadow; 07-06-2018 at 12:02 PM.

Player
    Character
    Versatile Bottom
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Not going to lie, I am really jealous of the magicite summons! The quality of them is so much better than what we have now. Too bad......
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Feli Aiko
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    It's basically the closest thing we've got to 'open world' primal summoning, something Yoshi mentioned he wanted to implement as a FC activity back in 2.x.

As for it being incorporated as a SMN playstyle, I'd find it boring tbh. It already loses its luster real quick, like all instances in previous FF games where you had a lengthy cutscene just to do damage you could achieve in less time with standard magic spells.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kisa Kisa
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 84
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayer2015 View Post
    So.... are the summons in HoH any indication SMN may actually get a rework in 5.0 to be a proper Summoner? These are exactly what I wanted from the SMN job from the beginning (obviously not the same damage).
    Sorry, Lore reasons. If you've played any of the storyline, you'd know why.

That said, why are summoners, and even HoH limited to just the 3 relevant to the 2.0 storyline? We fought at least 6 in ARR.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Sanna Rosewood
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    You also get odin but he's supposed to be a very rare magicite. He's a boss skip.
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast