Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Madam Bidaum
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90

QoL changes for WHM - Not another rework thread.

I see 3 "rework for WHM" threads on this forum already.

Now.. honestly in my personal opinion WHM is in a pretty good spot. It's fun, it's got huge healing potential, high personal DPS. It's also great for Prog thanks to divine benison, benediction, and super high Mana Regen potential. However there are two glaring QoL issues that people always bring up.

1. Lilies 2. Enimity.

Now ...instead of a complete rework of WHM to fix this. I'm suggesting some simple changes. Starting with lilies..
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Madam Bidaum
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Lilies;

The main issue with lilies is that they only proc on Cure1/2. Which any Savage/Ultimate raider knows.. these two spells are used very very sparcely. So on the high end scene the entire Lily mechanic is pretty much forgotten.

However.. we all know WHM is the HoT King. So.. instead of making lilies proc off cure casts. Lets change them to be based of regens similar to BLMs thundercloud proc.

So for Secret of the Lily:
    every Regen HoT tick you have a 10% chance for a Lily to bloom. And for every Medica 2 HoT tick you have a 3% chance for a Lily to bloom.

And then for Secret of the Lily 2:
    Every Regen crit has a 10% chance of reducing the recast time of Aslyum/Assize by 5 seconds.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Madam Bidaum
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Now.. Enimity.. if you don't have a NIN WHM enmity will always be something your raid group has to work around.

So.. AST/SCH both have built in enmity "reduction" AST has it built into their sect and SCH has it from shields + fairie. WHM however is stuck with just Lucid Dreaming. So.. my simple solution is to add an additional diversion effect to Thin Air. Especially as Thin Air is probably the move you're pressing when doing massive healing throuput..

Thin Air:
    Reduces MP cost of all spells to 0.
    Reduces Enmity Generation by 75%
    Lasts 12 seconds.

With these two minor QoL changes I believe personally WHM would have some much appreciated improvements.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Makani Risvertasashi
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by bidaum92 View Post
    It's fun, it's got huge healing potential, high personal DPS.
    Not really sure where these myths keep coming from. Cure III is nice, but only better than other options where it needs to be spammed. Cure II is weaker than Benefic II, and so on. And this isn't new.

DPS also isn't high. In an 8 person party If AST/SCH is played competently, WHM should be the lowest DPS - 8th out of 8. SCH+AST tops the charts for DPSing healer combos since the AST (SCH having highest DPS isn't new, but missing the AST DPS buffs is more understandable, I suppose)

All that being said...

Thin Air:
    Reduces MP cost of all spells to 0.
    Reduces Enmity Generation by 75%
    Lasts 12 seconds.
    This would be a pretty great change, since thin air tends to overlap with AoE spam naturally.

Lastly, you can bypass the post size limit via editing
    (2)
    Last edited by Risvertasashi; 07-06-2018 at 02:26 AM.

Player
    Character
    Gemina Lunarian
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Your suggestions are not QoL changes though. Those are indeed reworks of current abilities. Losing Cleric to role skills and no longer having to stance dance is an example of a QoL change, while the change to what Cleric does is a rework. I hope that makes sense. Returning the cleanse abilities to their respective healers would be another example of a QoL change, and a heavily demanded one at that.

I'm still level 60 on my WHM so I can't say much for the abilities that rely on lilies. From the time you get access to lilies up through 60, it is nothing more than a passive ability that reduces some ogcd timers. I can say that reduction to enmity generation is always welcome.
    (1)

How I came to be by the side of the chosen, and the moments we've sewn.
    This soul. Its attachment to all living things. The love they have known.
    Oh Warrior of light if only you could hear,
    just how closely I hold you dear.

Player
    Character
    Madam Bidaum
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Maybe we both have different opinions of what a rework is. In my opinion a rework changes the core mechanics./ability. However a QoL makes adjustments to the core mechanic to make them more usable but keeping the intended purpose. either way this doesn't change the current playstyle of WHM and wouldn't re work the job itself
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Gemina Lunarian
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Fair enough. But your suggested change to SotL returns it to an RNG based mechanic which is what drove people crazy when it was introduced. While the amount of regen ticks would likely ensure you get lilies, the abilities tied to them might not be available when you need/want them. If you can still force a proc with cure 1/2 then I can see this as being a QoL change. I think many WHM still just want to see SotL 1 and 2 reworked.

I will agree with you on Thin Air though. Even though I don't have access to it, I can definitely see it accumulating a massive amount of enmity for the WHM. I actually hope they would implement this change before I get access to it, and give tanks a hard time! I'm kidding... sort of ;p
    (0)

How I came to be by the side of the chosen, and the moments we've sewn.
    This soul. Its attachment to all living things. The love they have known.
    Oh Warrior of light if only you could hear,
    just how closely I hold you dear.

Player
    Character
    Madam Bidaum
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Risvertasashi View Post
    Not really sure where these myths keep coming from. Cure III is nice, but only better than other options where it needs to be spammed. Cure II is weaker than Benefic II, and so on. And this isn\\'t new.

DPS also isn\\'t high. In an 8 person party If AST/SCH is played competently, WHM should be the lowest DPS - 8th out of 8. SCH+AST tops the charts for DPSing healer combos since the AST (SCH having highest DPS isn\\'t new, but missing the AST DPS buffs is more understandable, I suppose)
    I wouldn\\'t say these are myths. WHM is most definitely the best healer for sustaining very high HPS. Obviously this isn\\'t necessary on speedruns or such but we all know WHM is not a speed run healer.. because they don\\'t increase raid DPS.

Asylum/Medica2/Assize/Cure3/Benediction/Benison. All giving WHM huge sustain potential.

And again on the subject of speedruns I never said WHM had the highest raid DPS but they have very high personal DPS. Infact if you look at statistics for UwU WHM is ahead of the other two healers by quite a margin on MAX dps.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Madam Bidaum
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemina View Post
    Fair enough. But your suggested change to SotL returns it to an RNG based mechanic which is what drove people crazy when it was introduced. While the amount of regen ticks would likely ensure you get lilies, the abilities tied to them might not be available when you need/want them. If you can still force a proc with cure 1/2 then I can see this as being a QoL change. I think many WHM still just want to see SotL 1 and 2 reworked.
    Once again at high end raiding a WHM will use Cure1/2 very very sparecly.. like.. at most 2-3 times a fight. That is what annoyed people the most. They had a job gauge that was RNG AND tied to a spell that is hardly uses. However Medica 2 and Regen are both up almost constantly.

And none of WHM abilities rely on the lillies. The lilies are just a added bonus to reduce the CD slightly of these abilities. Being able to force a proc of a Lily from Cure1/2 is basically a waste of a GCD and the proc in it's current form. Getting a chance proc from stuff you do use though.. that's more noticeable
    (0)
    Last edited by bidaum92; 07-06-2018 at 04:36 AM.

Player
    Character
    Makani Risvertasashi
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    I wouldn\\'t say these are myths. WHM is most definitely the best healer for sustaining very high HPS. Obviously this isn\\'t necessary on speedruns or such but we all know WHM is not a speed run healer.. because they don\\'t increase raid DPS.

Asylum/Medica2/Assize/Cure3/Benediction/Benison. All giving WHM huge sustain potential.
    The problem with that is you act like the other healers don't have equivalents. Perhaps better ones. Asylum? It's weaker than Whispering Dawn and Collective Unconscious. Medica 2? Ok, it's 6 potency stronger than Diurnal AH... but I really doubt 6 potency is a breakpoint. Benediction is great burst, but it's far too long to be sustain - sustain would be more like lustrate, which can be used 3x or 6x every 45 seconds.

Cure 3 is nice, but very niche. It's only better than Star/Indom in situations where you need to spam is closely together. Which... pretty much amounts to 1 fight per 2 major patches.

Lastly, I was talking about personal DPS. SCH is the highest, easily. Raid DPS is on top of that is just a bonus. AST is about the same now in terms of personal DPS, but it also brings raid DPS buffs on top of that. Stop looking at UWU and start looking at Sigmascape. If you don't think 4.4 is going to be a repeat of 3.4's treatment of WHM, then... I don't know what to tell you.

All that being said, I still like the idea for thin air. Lillies not so much, but the thin air idea is nice.
    (1)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast