Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
    Player
    Character
    Sunako Kirishiki
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 70
    MMO games are never and never gonna be perfectly balanced because classes are supposed to be unique one way or another. I think this game have better balance than any other mmo game I have played. DPS difference is really marginal and affect mostly top speed runners.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    The Noblesse
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 70
    yes, the balance is very good..

but still some classes (Blm & Sam) have issues getting into some Pfs (or statics), cause they don't buff others and meta is often the excuse..

really just give Blm and Sam each a (very) slight group dps buff..

(and increase for Rdm embolden a tick .. or better make embolden a physical and magical damage buff,... imo shouldnt have a differentiation of magical and physical buffs/ debuffs..., piercing and slashing neither)
    (0)
    Last edited by Shiroe; 07-19-2018 at 06:10 PM.

Player
    Character
    Minati Illu
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiroe View Post
    yes, the balance is very good..

but still some classes (Blm & Sam) have issues getting into some Pfs (or statics), cause they don't buff others and meta is often the excuse.
    That is more of an issue about the community rather than the jobs though. If people specifically lock SAM and BLM out of a PF for anything else than speedkill, they're just being stupid. And who's doing speedkills with PUGs anyway. On the other hand, people may lock out caster and melee slots because there's already a SMN/RDM or two MNL/DRG/NIN in the party (things like O7S and O8S are easier with a regular 2 melees 2 ranged/casters comp for example).
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ferris Straynge
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 70
    I don't raid Sigmascape Savage but I don't want to be irrelevant lol. I can't speak for Savage so you're right but when I start (which I plan to do soon) I only care about A. Learning hot to do it right and B. Completing it. I have never cared about numbers. As long as we are successful I could care less what the numbers have to say. Then again I haven't done Sigmascape Savage yet and the numbers are probably way more important on this one. I need to start doing practice runs to be honest. Personally I'm always happy to see a Samurai because i Know the boss will die a little bit faster with them around. So basically I just wanted to send you a little love. You'll are appreciated even if it doesn't seem like it some times.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ferris Straynge
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 70
    Oh and I know balance is super important but so is having fun. Wiping sometimes is part of that fun. It doesn't have to be a miserable experience. It is what you make it. Some of my best moments were in groups that we didn't know what the heck we were doing and it took us 3 or 4 times to figure it out but we came together, laughed a lot, laughed at each other for how we so stupidly died and then figured it out. Again this probably doesn't count for Sigmascape Savage since the stakes are so high but sometimes you just have to relax and go with it. Fun > items any day.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rezef Enoshima
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 70
    My static tends to be more casual having a very weird team comp. We have cleared this and that but we still haven't cleared the other. But that's a casual static. On the other hand there are those statics that focus on meta and do clear things faster. If sb wants to join a high end static he has to play specific classes as ppl follow the meta blindly. I'm of the opinion that every class can clear most of the high end content but not all. Ultimate is made for specific jobs as the gameplay of certain classes is badly made and it just won't be changed anytime soon for various reasons. Now nerfing classes and buffing other won't help anyone it'll just continue a vicious cycle.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jace Ossura
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Bourne_Endeavor View Post
    And yet choosing a job would be entirely irrelevant. They all do exactly the same thing in this hypothetical. Everyone also takes Trick Attack, Battle Litany, Brotherhood, Dragon Sight and Shadewalker. Now we're right back to the failed role skill system virtually no one likes.
    Yeah, that's kind of the point of balance.

You get things so they're all doing the same thing but in different angles and mechanics. In this respect we're pretty close to that ideal. Damage ranges are already pretty close to one another, and most discrepancies are generally due to Aoe or Burst situations favoring one job over another, while dummy differences are generally because one guy brings nothing and the other guy brings Hypercharge.

This might be more meaningful if Raid Buffs weren't limited to "%more damage" or had more interesting interactions, but they don't.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zuzu Belloq
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Bourne_Endeavor View Post
    Except they do just that. The group recruiting has ultimately made the decision, thus you opt to find another fitting your own criteria. Don't whine they aren't allowing a SAM. It's their choice as much as yours for electing to play that job.
    You're not wrong. It has to be a common agreement between player and group. But people from both sides don't get that, as we see in this thread.

I myself love playing BLM, but am open to RDM and SMN for my team.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Dr Yeol
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70
    SE should change the idea of pure damage dealer if they want to keep dps numbers close to each-other.

Just go look at the statistics in FFlogs and calculate the difference in dps between the pure damage deals and other damage dealers. That difference is so small and can easily be covered with raid buffs.

The reason they are keeping the dps numbers too close is because, the less diversity in dps, the easier it is for them to make the content beatable by all jobs in the game.

However, if they want to keep this mentality, they should remove the idea of pure dps and rework SAM/BLM.
    (0)
    Last edited by Yeol; 07-22-2018 at 01:34 PM.
    私は女の子です❤️
    #ElezenMasterRace

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8