Player
    Character
    Lilyth Chan
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzian View Post
    Why blizzard one ever. It's generally only low level filler for a slow mp tick.

Blizzard is a 2.5 cast. Blizzard 3 is a 3.5 cast. So yeah it's a second slower. But Umbria ice 3 slashes your fire 3 cast time in half. Umbral 1 doesn't.
    So where you lose a second on blizzard 3 you gain 1.75 seconds on fire 3.

Casting blizzard 3 then is a gain of 0.75 seconds over blizzard 1
    Thats a very common misconception. F3 on UI3 might have a faster cast time, but you *still* have to wait one GCD. It takes the same time to cast the next spell after a B1 as it takes for a F3 under UI3 or even swiftcasted. You don't gain any seconds by choosing one or the other.

So yes. B1 still has its uses, albeit small.
    (0)

Player

I'm hoping to be in HW by the end of the weekend so I can have Enochian, but so far, the AOE tips posted a page back has been very helpful. I wonder why Flare has a shorter cast time when in UI3. Feels similar to the trap with MNK and how often Tornado Kick is up.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lilyth Chan
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by KaivaC View Post
    I wonder why Flare has a shorter cast time when in UI3. Feels similar to the trap with MNK and how often Tornado Kick is up.
    Flare is a Fire spell, that's why.

UI3 has a special trait that allows all fire spells to be cast in half their regular cast time. Its main purpose is to serve as a fast way to swap between your UI3 and AF3 stances.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Toki Tsuchimi
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    All of the rotations I see appear more or less accurate and helpful. I will sat one thing I didn't see or notice was a good place to use Foul. Ideally you want to use Foul right after entering Umbral Ice, swiftcasted or otherwise. This way it allows for your MP to regenerate without using any. This is especially useful when you Transpose after ising Flare, as while in Umbral Ice I the MP refresh is slower, so using Foul allows you to build up more MP.
    (0)
    I like helping people with their Job ideas, it's fun to help them visuallize and create the job they'd like to play most. Plus I make my own too, I'll post them eventually.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2