Player
    Character
    Artemis Everwind
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80

90002 Error Only When In Combat

For about the last 2-3 weeks now I've had an issue where I would get a disconnect from the game with a 90002 error when in combat, such as during an instance. I have tried to pin down the issue and tried initiating combat on the servers Cactuar and Behemoth. I was tried fighting enemies constantly for around five minutes and did not have any errors, but when I tried fighting enemies on Famfrit, the server I usually play on I received a 90002 error after only about thirty seconds. This issue started suddenly after having no issues for weeks.

It seems like I have no issues playing when not in combat, as I have spent considerable portions of time crafting and gathering with no issues at all.

I play on PC on a wired connection. I have already tried to reset the router multiple times, along with the PC itself. I have also tried reinstalling the game.
    (0)

Good morning and thank you for posting on the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Forums.

When exactly did this start happening? Did anything change or update on your PC that coincides with this (XIV patch, OS or Anti-virus update, etc.)?

You said it only happens in combat during instances, but does it occur out in the open world as well?

How consistent is this? Would you say it happens every time you enter combat, or can you get through a few battles?

Can you list everything you have tried so far to alleviate the issue?

We hope we can be of assistance in helping you enjoy the exciting world of Final Fantasy XIV!
    (0)
    Last edited by Einmimiria; 07-06-2018 at 08:25 AM.

Player
    Character
    Artemis Everwind
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    Upon further testing I think I have found a more specific issue. I think it is only skills/spells that have a cast time that are causing the 90002 error.

This does happen in the open world as well as instances.

This started happening about June 26th. I don't remember having any updates to anything that might have affected the game.

Upon further testing I think that whenever I use skills or spells with instant cast times i do not have any issues at all, such as playing warrior or using the instant cast spells for summoner. The issues seems to only occur when i use skills that have cast times such as Ruin III or Miasma III. It usually takes about the same number of consecutive casts to cause this issue. Just as an example I can get just about 8 uses of Ruin III before the game disconnects me with a 90002 error.

I have tried resetting my router and my computer as well as trying to reinstall the game once that I have mentioned in the first post. I have also tried turning the graphics down but this did not seem to help at all.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Artemis Everwind
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    I was wrong it does happen in instances regardless of what I am doing.
    (0)

Thank you for the update froreWolf.

There are a couple of things you can try to prevent the disconnections:

Open the Internet Explorer browser, open the "Tools", go to "Internet Options" and adjust the following settings:
    - Under the "General" tab, please delete ALL browser history.
    - Under the "Security" tab, please move the slider to the lowest possible settings or no higher than "Medium"
    - Under the "Privacy" tab, please move the slider to the lowest possible settings or to "Allow All Cookies"
    - Under the "Advanced" tab, please make sure that "Allow software to run or install even if signature is invalid" is CHECKED.
    - Make sure that all SSL and TLS (EXCEPT SSL 3.0) are CHECKED. [SSL 3.0 should be UNCHECKED]
    - Hit "Apply" to save the settings, and then "OK, to close the Internet Options menu.
    - Right-Click on the FFXIV launcher icon and select "Properties"
    - Go to the "Compatibility" tab, and change the compatibility mode to "Windows 7"
    - Hit "Apply", then "OK" to save the changes.
    - Please RESTART your PC now. Once your PC has been restarted, Right-Click the FFXIV launcher icon once more and select "Run as Administrator"

Check the following Port Ranges on your router/modem to ensure that the following Port Ranges have been opened/forwarded/triggered:
    ▼TCP
    54992 through 54994,
    55006 through 55007,
    55021 through 55040

Your ISP may forward these ports for you.*

Makes sure your anti-virus/firewall has the appropriate exceptions for Final Fantasy XIV (you can temporarily disable them while you try to connect as well).

You can also try a clean boot. Simply open the task manager and select the 'Start up' Tab. Disable everything here and restart the PC. This will make sure that no background processes are interfering with the game.

We hope we can be of assistance in helping you enjoy the exciting world of Final Fantasy XIV!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Artemis Everwind
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    This seems to have fixed the issue thank you very much for your time!
    (0)

Thank you for the reply froreWolf. We're glad to be of assistance.

This thread will be moved to the 'Support Center Resolved' subforum as the thread creator has found a resolution to their issue.

Thank you for visiting the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Forums.
    (0)