Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Test Server

Community Rep

Test Server

I know there has been a desire for us to open a test server that players can use, and that echoes comments that Yoshida has made in the past. We feel that getting a test server implemented as soon as possible is necessary, but a large amount of work by the dev. team as well as fixes to the server would be required to make this possible, so the opening of a test server will begin post launch of 2.0.

In the meantime, we will work hard to provide as much information as possible regarding adjustments and additions going forward to keep you all as up-to-date as possible.
    (55)
    Last edited by Rukkirii; 02-08-2012 at 08:26 AM. Reason: Thank you Matsume ;)
    Bethany "Rukkirii" Stout - Community Team

Player
    Character
    Zetsumei Tsunarashi
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Wish we could play on 2.0 test server prior to launch of the client. Ps3 users get to play 2.0 beta don't they ?
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Chief Currahee
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    Like the update today on the lodestone?

Patch 1.21 has so much stuff I'm sure you could release 1 topic per day about whats in the patch to bait us while we wait through the delay.

Just sayin',
    spill the beans already!
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Geesus Ravenheart
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Zetsumei_Tsunarashi View Post
    Wish we could play on 2.0 test server prior to launch of the client. Ps3 users get to play 2.0 beta don't they ?
    So will we. We will have the ability to "play" when we get the OB of it I believe in the October time frame.

Rukkirii, correct me if I'm wrong though.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Zetsumei Tsunarashi
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    According to 2.0 roadmap, the client is being distributed around october, and servers will go live beginning in Nov/Dec. Ps3 beta is scheduled to begin at this same time. So basically we get to start playing PC version while PS3 is in beta.

I was hoping we would get to play the PC version a little earlier if only on the test servers. I know it probably won't happen, but I can dream.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Geesus Ravenheart
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    According to 2.0 roadmap, the client is being distributed around october, and servers will go live beginning in Nov/Dec. Ps3 beta is scheduled to begin at this same time. So basically we get to start playing PC version while PS3 is in beta.

I was hoping we would get to play the PC version a little earlier if only on the test servers. I know it probably won't happen, but I can dream.
    Thanks Zetsumei Tsunarashi! I was searching for the translations and Road Map

Edit: Yeah I think most of us can dream about it.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiefCurrahee View Post
    Like the update today on the lodestone?

Patch 1.21 has so much stuff I'm sure you could release 1 topic per day about whats in the patch to bait us while we wait through the delay.

Just sayin',
    spill the beans already!
    Calm down, kid.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Chief Currahee
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Answa View Post
    Calm down, kid.

Hey Richard, thanks for that, I was getting a little carried away. I mean they did annouce a delay from patching this week to two weeks from now. Then go as far to say
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukkirii
    In the meantime, we will hard to provide as much information as possible regarding adjustments and additions going forward to keep you all as up-to-date as possible.
    Yet there is no update, so I guess they will start to work hard tomorrow.

So once again thank you Richard you're always such a help around here.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Mireille Celestine
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukkirii View Post
    I know there has been a desire for us to open a test server that players can use, and that echoes comments that Yoshida has made in the past. We feel that getting a test server implemented as soon as possible is necessary, but a large amount of work by the dev. team as well as fixes to the server would be required to make this possible, so the opening of a test server will begin post launch of 2.0.

In the meantime, we will hard to provide as much information as possible regarding adjustments and additions going forward to keep you all as up-to-date as possible.
    My chief reason for wanting to see a test server is so that 2.0 is vetted for playability by players before release and not after. Basically as long as 2.0 is a hit with players it doesn't matter so much how you get there. We can live without a test server in the interim.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Zenaku Yamada
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    we get to use 2.0 before ps3 users ].
    (0)
    Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together Autographed By "Akihiko Yoshida Tarot Card Sweepstakes Winner

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast