Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Aure Descoteaux
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70

Sharing Private housing between Characters on the same account on the same server

So, this is kind of an issue that I haven't seen addressed lately and I wanted to bring it back up. Since private housing is now limited to one character per server it would really make more sense for the 'owner' of the house to be all characters on the same server per service account.

For example, I have two characters on the Balmung server. My alt character owns the house, while my main doesn't. I can't interact with my own house on my main character on the same service account on the same server. This seems a little silly to me? We should be able to transfer ownership of the house between our characters on the same server, or at least give them sharing privileges.

I would really like to transfer ownership of the private estate to my main character, but it doesn't seem like it's possible. I did put in a support ticket to ask about it, but I just got an email back saying that it's not something they can do right now.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Souji Hanamura
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    They mentioned that they're working on the concept of allowing alts to share housing on the same server.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aure Descoteaux
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    Which is fantastic! However, I haven't heard anything about this since they first mentioned it months ago. I thought if I brought up the topic again on the forums, perhaps they'd address it in a live letter or just with a dev on the forum!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jojoya Joya
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Insainbutterfly View Post
    Which is fantastic! However, I haven't heard anything about this since they first mentioned it months ago. I thought if I brought up the topic again on the forums, perhaps they'd address it in a live letter or just with a dev on the forum!
    It was mentioned in the E3 live letter and that was just last month. They said they are actively working on a plan to make houses account locked so all characters on the same account and world would have access but they are not yet certain what patch the change will take place.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Kittypryde Kujata
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    I'm really curious how this works with alts being in different FCS on same account? Would character #2 be able to share FC house with character #1? Even though they are in different FCS? How would sharing FC chests work? Would you be able to use two different fc chests? There are a hundred questions and scenarios that SE would have to plan for , and program for.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kittypryde Kujata
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    Also, every one of my 8 characters has their own apartment. Would everyone get to share everyone's apts in my scenario?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Souji Hanamura
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittypryde View Post
    Also, every one of my 8 characters has their own apartment. Would everyone get to share everyone's apts in my scenario?
    I get the feeling it's simply going to be the ability to make your alts tenants, or perhaps they'll be programmed in as automatic tenants. In that case, it would have nothing to do with apartments, and nothing to do with FC houses.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Nel Oreo
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 52
    I'm really curious how this works with alts being in different FCS on same account? Would character #2 be able to share FC house with character #1? Even though they are in different FCS? How would sharing FC chests work? Would you be able to use two different fc chests? There are a hundred questions and scenarios that SE would have to plan for , and program for.
    Pretty sure this is for private housing, not FC housing.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Jojoya Joya
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70
    FC permissions still require FC membership. If the character isn't part of the FC, they're not going to have access other than existing guest access. That's not something SE has to plan for because the programming is already in place.

As for apartments, there's no need for sharing since each character can still own one FC room (if they belong to an FC) and one apartment regardless of what other characters on your account own. The house sharing is to address the limit on house ownership. Since apartments and FC rooms are already treated differently than houses, I doubt it will be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by InkstainedGwyn View Post
    I get the feeling it's simply going to be the ability to make your alts tenants, or perhaps they'll be programmed in as automatic tenants. In that case, it would have nothing to do with apartments, and nothing to do with FC houses.
    From the way it was worded when they talked about it at the live letter, it sounds like the house will belong to the account and not a specific character with the others tenants. Otherwise if someone deleted or transferred the character that purchased the house, the player would still lose it which would defeat part of the purpose.

I could be wrong. You never know when considering the answers are intended to avoid specific and trying to translate things creates further miscommunication.

The only thing I'm curious about is what information the placard will display about the owner. Will it only show the name of the character that made the additional purchase, will it display the names of all characters on that world (which I don't think is a good idea) or will we have the option of choosing which character(s) are displayed as owner?

I'd be happy with both this character and my main alt having their names displayed on the placard but I would hate for my alt I play when I want to be left alone to be displayed. Maybe they'll remove owner names altogether and just leave the house name on the display. It's not like other players need to know who owns a house. If you're trying to find your friend's house, they can always give you the information if they don't have estate teleportation enabled.
    (2)
    Last edited by Jojoya; 07-03-2018 at 08:47 PM.

Player
    Character
    Aure Descoteaux
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    Oh I hadn't realized that they mentioned it again so soon! One of my concerns which, do let me know if they've spoken about it before, is that the technical 'owner character' of the house... will they still need to login to keep the estate from being demolished? Or will I be able to transfer ownership to a different character on my same account? Say if I want to delete all my alts and just have one main character or some such thing. I would still like to hear from the devs about any sort of ETA or where they're at for progress!
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast