Player
    Character
    Sollex Soulblazer
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 70

Further Changes to Buying a House?

So while I do like the changes SE have made to buying a house and giving everyone a fair chance, it's still such a random pain of waiting a random amount of time for said house to be ready for purchase on the market. Are there any further plans to refine this to make it way less random and possibly put more wards up?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Alinhbo Rhiki
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Sollex View Post
    So while I do like the changes SE have made to buying a house and giving everyone a fair chance, it's still such a random pain of waiting a random amount of time for said house to be ready for purchase on the market. Are there any further plans to refine this to make it way less random and possibly put more wards up?
    I doubt you will see more wards anytime soon as the smaller and midsize servers still have plenty of housing which is a waste of server resources. As to the random timer it has put a good sized dent in resellers and speculators so adding any predictability would be a step backwards to the old system. Sadly until SE is willing to really address the housing problems with a fully instanced interior/exterior anything they do is nothing more than a band-aid on a hemorrhage.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Sollex Soulblazer
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Claviusnex View Post
    I doubt you will see more wards anytime soon as the smaller and midsize servers still have plenty of housing which is a waste of server resources. As to the random timer it has put a good sized dent in resellers and speculators so adding any predictability would be a step backwards to the old system.
    So other servers have plots available? Just my luck to be on a server that has a housing shortage. I always wondered if SE could try something like a waiting list you can sign up for. From it you could choose a certain city or all if you're not picky and would be notified if a house is open for sale. Then you would get first crack at it but you would have to buy it in let's say a week, otherwise it would go to the next person in line. Just something I thought of (and I'm sure people will figure out flaws in it), but it does feel SE is close to finally fully fixing this issue. Just one or two more changes seem to be needed to make this a reality.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fianna Blackwood
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80
    Alternatively, why not put housing on a separate server entirely and shove them together so that the data centers can share all of the existing wards together? So those are more populous servers who want a house and can't get it could purchase a vacant house on a smaller server which doesn't have the population to fill up all the wards. Although I can't imagine navigating through that menu of wards would be too terribly fun, so maybe that's also a bad idea!
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Souji Hanamura
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    So other servers have plots available? Just my luck to be on a server that has a housing shortage.
    While not all other servers, quite a few. I'm on Exodus, and we have empty smalls in every zone, as well as mediums in the Goblet. Unfortunately, Balmung is the most populated server, and as an RP server, most folks who RP are going to be interested in a house for RP purposes. (Yes, I'm well aware that plenty of non-RPers want them, too, but it does tend to go hand-in-hand with storytelling activities.)
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Meluwen Ember
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    So other servers have plots available? Just my luck to be on a server that has a housing shortage.
    You're on Balmung, the most populated server i think?

On my server we probably have close to 100 available slots, many mediums.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Edax Royeaux
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Leviathan has plain run out of housing spots. I'd like to suggest ways to expand housing...but the problem is that only populated servers need that attention, not the whole game.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sollex Soulblazer
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 70
    Well I finally got a small house after over five hours of camping the location. It feels really good to finally get one, but I still feel one or two small changes could 100% fix the housing issue on the busy worlds. Thank you everyone for your feedback on this topic.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Kittypryde Kujata
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 78
    Yay!! Congratulations. Now that you have your foot in the virtual door, you can always upgrade plot sizes later on.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ryaz Darksbane
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    They need more medium houses and mansions per subdivision. Except for Shiro, there are so many open smalls on my server that haven't been touched because no one wants or needs them.
    (2)