Player
    Character
    Carlo Vinne
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80

Tanking Tips for Sigmascape Savage

So, I recall getting frustrated with Deltascape Savage v3, and a specific phase that I struggled with...

After posting in the forums about it, I got told about specific cooldown timings that would greatly aid in this. So, rather than post again about current struggles, I thought "Why not share our tips for tanking this content, so people trying to break into new tiers can get that little extra edge?"

For a start, did you know that a DRK can survive the Remorse's knockback without a wall? The trick is to move as far onto the Remorse's side of the platform as possible, and then start spamming plunge. Time it perfectly, and you'll stay on the platform.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Daniel Fury
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Ekimmak View Post
    So, I recall getting frustrated with Deltascape Savage v3, and a specific phase that I struggled with...

After posting in the forums about it, I got told about specific cooldown timings that would greatly aid in this. So, rather than post again about current struggles, I thought "Why not share our tips for tanking this content, so people trying to break into new tiers can get that little extra edge?"

For a start, did you know that a DRK can survive the Remorse's knockback without a wall? The trick is to move as far onto the Remorse's side of the platform as possible, and then start spamming plunge. Time it perfectly, and you'll stay on the platform.
    Another helpful for tip for the plunge, if you are on the trains hitbox the timing is super tight because theres no distance to travel, but if you run away out of melee range between gcds just as the knockback hits, its almost too easy to prevent the knockback.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ferox Maximillian
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Fury View Post
    Another helpful for tip for the plunge, if you are on the trains hitbox the timing is super tight because theres no distance to travel, but if you run away out of melee range between gcds just as the knockback hits, its almost too easy to prevent the knockback.
    This also works with onslaught as well.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ari Dyones
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    In O5s after add phase, if you time your Inner Release with Remorse and Headlamp right, you can prevent both knockbacks without any additional abilities (like Holmgang or Onslaught).

In O7s Dadaluma, let your Co-Tank provoke Guardian and shirk them. They can use all thier CDs - including thier invul - to mitigate the damage - esp. Arms and Hammer -, while you save your CDs for AA later. Additionally, they have an easier time to hold aggro of Dadaluma (as long as you attacked him also). After Dadaluma died and you provoked Guardian back, let them shirk you. Healers will have an easier time healing only 1 tank with high mitigation.

O8s Kefka, as WAR: Use Inner Release right after your storm's eye and use Upheavel as your first oGCD. You get an additional Upheavel right on Kefka before he becomes untargetable. Same goes for DRK Plunge, use it right after your first combo (+1 GCD). This was also the case for O4s Exdeath.
    For God Kefka, do the same as WAR. You will get Upheavel before your HP drop to 1.

O6s as PLD: If your party should see 2nd Gale, delay your Requiescat window and prepare a Goring Blade before you mount the air plane. After the explosion, get off your mount, apply your goring blade, use sprint and Requiescat, run towards the Gale and start casting Holy Spirit. Don't forget Hollowed.

Fun fact: You can Holmgang that Gale if you time a rescue with it. I wouldn't try it though

PLD can cover every Hyperdrive in O8s - God Kefka

In O7s, WAR can use Raw Intuition to mitigate Arms and Hammer, even when facing away from boss. That's because tank busters can not crit, unless it's due to mechanic - like O3s "Critical Hit".
    (1)
    Last edited by ArianeEwah; 05-25-2018 at 08:37 PM.

Player
    Character
    Carlo Vinne
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by ArianeEwah View Post
    In O7s, WAR can use Raw Intuition to mitigate Arms and Hammer, even when facing away from boss. That's because tank busters can not crit, unless it's due to mechanic - like O3s "Critical Hit".
    That is very handy to know.

I use Awareness for non-angled tankbusters anyway, though, since the following auto-attack CAN crit.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Carlo Vinne
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    I don't know if anyone is still interested in this thread, but I do have something new: How to handle Head On at minimum range.

Stand at the left or right edge, and move back as far as possible without getting Connectivity. When the cast bar finishes, move as close to the boss as possible. The game registers your distance for the damage at the end of the cast, not the actual hit, so this trick can help minimise the damage.

Still need cooldowns for it, but this is probably the least talked about mechanic, and yet causes the most MT grief in this fight.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ari Dyones
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Ekimmak View Post
    I don't know if anyone is still interested in this thread, but I do have something new: How to handle Head On at minimum range.

Stand at the left or right edge, and move back as far as possible without getting Connectivity. When the cast bar finishes, move as close to the boss as possible. The game registers your distance for the damage at the end of the cast, not the actual hit, so this trick can help minimise the damage.

Still need cooldowns for it, but this is probably the least talked about mechanic, and yet causes the most MT grief in this fight.
    A pretty handy tip for PUG runs. So far, I just stood at the edge of the ghost field to not get knocked back and used Rampart. (+TBN, Shelltron/Veil, Shake it off). For statics I still recommend getting strong shields (DT Crit Adlo, Veil, SiO), Feint, Reprisal and the likes before it hits, to keep uptime on boss.

Another tip for O5s, WAR + DRK can use Plunge or Onslaught for Remorse side push. Stand near to the side the ghost spawned and use it after you see the animation or notice the push. (Depends on your latency.)
    The timing is quite easy, I've always successfully executed it with DRK, WAR, DRG and MNK without Arm's Length on the FIRST try. (Also, you can do this with BRD, RDM, SAM, and probably NIN, too.)

Fun/uptime tip for Godka as PLD: You can cover another party member for Wings of Destruction and they go far (not too far for cover). Though, you wouldn't be able to cover Hyperdrive.
    (0)