Player
    Character
    Aya Hamada
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 74
    Quote Originally Posted by Elamys View Post
    Hey, speaking as someone who had just gotten their Eye of Divinity when Cata dropped and removed the Benediction questline without warning, and still has that stupid thing sitting in their bank, that was a really dumb move on Blizzard's part too (especially when the tunnel where the quest happens is still there). Just because it happens in other games doesn't mean it should and let's focus on this game - no other content in the game is restricted to a finite amount of people like housing is.

But the bigger question I have is why some people seem so hell-bent on arguing against any possible improvement to the system. Could you sit there and say that not everyone should be able to access a house, and why? It seems that any time someone suggests changes to the system the response is to scream "go to X server" which is fine FOR NOW but it's not going to be fine forever because more and more servers are filling up on houses. If it can't support everyone, it's a broken system.
    There is some people out there that want to act like they are better then you from dealing with flaws and not complaining about it. Not something I agree with but it seems to me that is the only way of explaining why some people mock others of "complaining" and "salt". It was not too long ago I was posting in a thread where the tc still acted like they did nothing wrong with making a mock thread to insult someone on making a thread about the game feeling slow or dead. It is also possible some give in stronger to a human flaw of resisting change, the same effect you see when older people have issues with adapting to newer technology and the get off my lawn meme, so on.

Some others seem to feel in order to "like a game" means not allowed to point out flaws.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Cylla Lightfall
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamada View Post
    There is some people out there that want to act like they are better then you from dealing with flaws and not complaining about it. Not something I agree with but it seems to me that is the only way of explaining why some people mock others of "complaining" and "salt". It was not too long ago I was posting in a thread where the tc still acted like they did nothing wrong with making a mock thread to insult someone on making a thread about the game feeling slow or dead. It is also possible some give in stronger to a human flaw of resisting change, the same effect you see when older people have issues with adapting to newer technology and the get off my lawn meme, so on.

Some others seem to feel in order to "like a game" means not allowed to point out flaws.
    Believe also that some people just don't care. They got what they wanted and could care less about anyone else not being able to get it. Or that they'd rather throw it in your face and dance around like it some big achievement. Some people's attitudes (won't name names but she knows who she is and sits nicely on my ignore list now) are beyond poor and would sooner tell you the system is "perfect" rather then agree that it still unfair and broken. However, yes, as you said it, people would rather just deal with the flaws rather then seek improvement. It amazing actually, so many people rant and rave about how this game is great, but they sure aren't out to help improve it! But that where in my mind, it leads me to believe that nobody cares and they are either set in their ways or just don't care about the community as a whole. They're in it for themselves.

Behavior of this community could be equally matched to WoW community at this rate. Even though since being back in WoW and XIV, I find WoW community a bit more relaxed, where in here, speak an opinion that someone doesn't agree with and your the bad person, not them. Or in my case, I spoke of losing my house to the demo timer and everyone jumped at it as me crying over the loss rather then actually getting the point. Trust me, if I was THAT hurt over it, I'd never came back to this game.

Friend did make a point yesterday though when talking about this. I feel as though SE really doesn't care about what NA community and what we have to say. If there a push for something to change, it because the JP community pushed for it. I haven't talked to a long time JP friend from XI to see what her opinion of the housing system is or how others in their player base feel, but I'm kinda curious to know if their ok with how the housing system is or have been pushing for a change.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jojoya Joya
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    There's nothing wrong with pointing out things you think would create a better game experience. There is a problem with insisting it can and should be done when we don't know the technical end of what SE is working with and then calling the game crap because things aren't exactly the way you want.

Like it or not, data storage and server space is an issue for every game to deal with. Some things require more space than other and to emphasize those thing too much means other content getting cut. FFXIV isn't a housing game so housing is not going to be at the top of the priority list for resources.

If you can't come up with specific examples of other MMOs that you have played where you feel the housing system is better and state clearly what makes it better, then you have no business saying that SE is doing housing wrong or that it's crap. I have yet to play a MMO where players felt the housing system was great. There's always been some complaint about the way it worked or the limited item space or how people had to pay additional real money to get access to something more than a shabby shack (assuming that getting that much didn't also cost real money).

Are things with this system perfect? No. But it's still a lot better than what I've experienced in most other MMOs with housing so I'm not going to sit here and scream that it's crappy and wrong because it's not exactly what I want. The only game where I've enjoyed housing more was RIFT with its Dimensions but those were locked behind real money outside of the tiny intro Dimension you get as a quest reward and many of the good housing items were locked behind RNG in real money loot boxes.

Again, if you have personally played a game where you think the housing is done better then name it and state what makes it better. Also be good and point out the flaws the system had because no system is perfect.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ryaz Darksbane
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Imo, ESO has one of the better housing systems. The houses are instanced, but still part of the world. They can be bought with in game currency OR real life money (which would be a monetary gain for SE). The only thing you really miss out on is the neighbors... And I never see those anyway. I've been in Shiro for over a month now and haven't seen one of person in my ward, despite every house being owned.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Cylla Lightfall
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojoya View Post
    Snip
    There have already been games named that are doing it better then SE is. It all going over your head and you're missing it by miles. Nobody said these games were doing it perfectly, what I did say is that they have systems that can supply it WHOLE player base. Which is the PROBLEM here. Good job reading and adding in things that weren't even said... *slow clap*

Honestly, there no point in answering you anymore.

P.S - No game is a housing game unless your playing Sim's.... but sure, go ahead and use that excuse to defend SE and make yourself feel good about a broken system. Whatever helps you feel better about it lol
    (0)
    "Everyone has something they hold dear, something they never want to lose. That's why they pretend. That's why they hide the truth. And that's why they lie."

Player
    Character
    Song Sparrow
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojoya View Post
    If you can't come up with specific examples of other MMOs that you have played where you feel the housing system is better and state clearly what makes it better, then you have no business saying that SE is doing housing wrong or that it's crap. I have yet to play a MMO where players felt the housing system was great.
    People have been naming examples on this forum since time immemorial of games that they felt did housing better and it's one of the major reasons why a number of us won't accept the current system as ideal: other MMOs have figured it out.

Wildstar is, probably, the perfect MMO housing system, at least to me. You unlock it fairly early on and are given a bundle of basic items to start decorating with. Items to decorate with are found from a variety of places with many different currencies. You are given an expansive yard as well as an actual house. Placement of items is unlocked across X, Y, AND Z axis, and all items can be freely scaled to be either enormous or tiny and rotated every which way. (I have a huge pine tree on my roof because I can.) Since it is instanced, everyone is able to get a house, nobody is left out. You can find all homes through a common menu. And you can place FABkits in your yard that provide benefits to the rest of the game (such as a small personal mine).

You could even change the sky box around your plot since, again, it was instanced - everything was customizable. The item limit was, the last time I played, several THOUSAND and you could put everything into its own storage. There are now of course items that can be purchased from the cash shop, but it's to my vague shaky understanding that there are ways in game of earning the cash shop currency. But even if you exclude those, there's an enormous wealth of other items to earn.

The only thing I didn't like with it was that the FABkits could only be placed in designated spots. And you had a limited number of building designs to pick from. But since you didn't have to actually put a "house" down people just made houses out of the items themselves.

You're right that none of us knows what's going on behind SE's curtain but with that argument, nobody should ever suggest anything. Especially with this game where it seems like basically everything "can't be done." (It gets done later - what a surprise.)

But I don't know why you seem to be expecting a perfect system. You said it yourself that no system is perfect, and it's true because no system will ever satisfy its entire playerbase. The goal is to satisfy the majority.
    (4)
    Last edited by Elamys; 07-06-2018 at 08:42 AM.

cerise leclaire
    (bad omnicrafter & terrible astrologian)

Player
    Character
    Masahiro Kido
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    Honestly, I'd just settle for an apartment at this point. Houses are finite and limited cause FFXIV's team are bad at housing, period. Never had to complain about housing in FFXI as EVERYONE got a mog house of their own. FFXIV team waits 3 YEARS after relaunch to add apartments (which is like mog houses, cept you for some f**king reason have to pay for a small a** room) when they could have taken a hint from FFXI's team and added that first before the houses. Best bet is to get a crappy house in goblet and relocate to somewhere better, or just don't bother and buy a cheaper apartment. Unlike the crappy houses in this game, apartments last forever and they have no timer or demolish BS.

P.S: I think you guys need to chill and eat a snickers. Don't have to be rude to the OP just because she got shafted by the crappy housing system the dev team limped out of the barn with.

/2 cents
    (1)
    Last edited by Usho; 07-07-2018 at 12:31 PM.

Player
    Character
    Calista Fallon
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    I played Wild Star and SWtOR before FF and both of their housing set ups were way better than this. I got so spoiled with WS's housing that when I bought my first house here and started decoing I was like...uh wtf! Elamys is correct about the Fabkits but the rest of it was so awesome!
    (1)
    "Fanboy is gaming jargon used to describe an individual that has gone beyond the point of being a PC or console game fan and, during online chats or discussions, shifts to defend the program at all costs, unable to take any criticism or acknowledge any shortcomings of the game or gaming console."

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8