Player
    Character
    Jojoya Joya
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Animang1 View Post
    Cause we didn't know! We jsut learned after he screwed us. And no matter what you say guys this system is not fair. The hidden timer should work equally for all players new and relocated ones. The system you suggest is pay double the money by buying 2 plots instead of 1 so you can get a house on shirogane. That's not logic. Hidden timer is ok just on equal terms. Or people will screw you like they did yesterday
    So now both of you know how the system works.

It is still fair. No one screwed your friend over. It was her own fault for not learning how the system works.

So now she knows to buy a house anywhere, cheap as possible since she intends to relocate when something in Shirogane becomes available. If Odin is anything like Coeurl, she'll have a choice of multiple plots where the price has bottomed out (especially in the Goblet) which means just 2 million gil to buy the house and the estate permit.

Once a plot opens in Shirogane, she can relocate. Depending on the grade of the original plot your friend bought, she'll get a credit of 400-600k toward the purchase price of the new plot. There's also no need to buy another estate permit so the only thing she'll need to pay is the plot price (less the credit from the old plot).

She might be out a little extra gil but at least it gives her a much better chance of getting the plot she wants in the long run and at least she has a house in the meantime.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Vidu Moriquendi
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojoya View Post
    If Odin is anything like Coeurl, she'll have a choice of multiple plots where the price has bottomed out (especially in the Goblet) which means just 2 million gil to buy the house and the estate permit.
    Nah, I just checked all the wards on Odin and currently there is one small open in the Goblet and two smalls in the Mist.

I agree with the general notion though - she should try to get her hands on one of those and then relocate once she sees an opening.

Since everyone can do that, its not unfair - and its also not screwing anyone in terms of getting a house, because the person relocating is leaving an open plot behind.
    If you dont want that one... to bad for you, sorry to be so blunt. But if you dont want to settle for anything but your dream house, you might have to get used to the idea to not getting a house at all, even though you have the option(s).
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Alinhbo Rhiki
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojoya View Post
    -snip-

The only objection I have to relocation is that it keeps the resellers in business but SE will probably never manage to get rid of that problem unless they moved to a completely instanced housing system.
    The timer change actually makes it harder to resell as there is now less of a chance that the buyer will be able to pickup the plot once it is relinquished. Resellers can only own one house per account, per server so they lose a lot being forced into a serial sales model. The only guaranteed way to sell houses is via an FC house and again that is limited to one at a time. Add this to the excess housing on servers with midsized or small populations and it really has put a damper on resellers and speculators. Yes a fully instanced housing system would solve many of the FF XIV housing problems.
    (0)

Character
    Nephthys Yamada
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Let me get this straight.
    Your friend wanted a house.
    You tried to get one.
    Someone relocated and was nice enough to tell you they had a plot in gobblet.
    A plot that was free and open to buy...and likely cheaper as shiro tends to be very costly.
    So instead of getting that plot...you decided to be stuck up high and mighty and call the system not fair.

Got it.
    Good luck on your housing venture.
    As everyone has said...you buy your first house at an open plot...then wait for a more desirable location at a later date.

The systems not perfect...but its far better than it was before.
    I suggest you spend a little less time complaining...and a little more time "doing"

At least you could have gotten a plot...servers that are overpopulated like balmung are not so lucky.

Yet here you are..throwing a tantrum over a shiny plot in shirogane.
    Makes total sense.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Chanze Leigh
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 84
    I went through 6 different houses via relocation before I got my desired shiro plot...

2 @ 20 mil a piece and 4 at around 3 mil it is the only really decent gil sink in the game and that is why it is the way it is from that perspective the relocation system does make sense. usually when people want to do something like spend that kind of gil the do look up the best way about getting it before hand...
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Fox Briarthorn
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by NephthysVasudan View Post
    Let me get this straight.
    Your friend wanted a house.
    You tried to get one.
    Someone relocated and was nice enough to tell you they had a plot in gobblet.
    A plot that was free and open to buy...and likely cheaper as shiro tends to be very costly.
    They used up a good chunk of time in a game waiting for a plot and someone walked up and took it on a whim. Anyone would be frustrated at that. It was nice of the person to tell them where the other plot was, but a newly opened plot isn't cheaper and now has a brand new random timer rolling on it. The system is better, but I fully agree that if there's a timer, everyone that wants the plot should have to wait it out.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Yvallis Aethern
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Congrats. You didnt get anything straight... That's not what happened. Guys i didnt come here to vex you. And you cannot change my opinion either. THe hidden timer must be for all players the same. Either they have somewhere else plot or not. Thats my opinion. Some people dont have money to buy 2 plots just to have a chance in Shirogane. And if you tell me settle in one of the others... tell that to all the people who rush to get a house here when one opens up. I have a cottage in shirogane i am good. But my friend was 4 hours looking on a board until someone smart@$@ came and took that in a instance. if that is fair give up.......Let me leave in my dreamworld.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Keridwyn Maeve
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    We got it straight. Instead of buying a house and being happy you had one your friend set her sights on a dream plot and got salty when someone who had settled for less was able to buy it instead.

Relocation is as fair as it is going to get. Why is the relocation timer instant, it's a perk of home ownership. I would agree if we weren't leaving a plot behind but we do. A plot that might be desireable to someone else who bought a starter home and has been looking too...
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Thepale Rider
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Housing system still could use work, but I have no sympathy for you or your friend in that situation.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Cassandra Solidor
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Animang1 View Post
    Congrats. You didnt get anything straight... That's not what happened. Guys i didnt come here to vex you. And you cannot change my opinion either. THe hidden timer must be for all players the same. Either they have somewhere else plot or not. Thats my opinion. Some people dont have money to buy 2 plots just to have a chance in Shirogane. And if you tell me settle in one of the others... tell that to all the people who rush to get a house here when one opens up. I have a cottage in shirogane i am good. But my friend was 4 hours looking on a board until someone smart@$@ came and took that in a instance. if that is fair give up.......Let me leave in my dreamworld.
    And had your friend bought a cottage somewhere else, they could have relocated, thus avoiding this whole situation to begin with. It doesn't take much effort to make a couple million, especially if you're a crafter. Regardless, the system is perfectly fair. Your friend opted not to take advantage of it and got burned. We have everything straight, hon. We just don't agree with you. If you didn't want people giving their opinion, post on a personal blog instead of a public forum.
    (6)

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast