Player
    Character
    Con Carne
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70

Gathering

Since there are not plans for a 4th DoL class to obtain materials from mobs without the need to kill them... Can we get in the next expansion at least a new non-combat trait for DoW/M to increase the chances to get mats from mobs? or even to increase the chances to get HQ mats from them?
    (2)
    Sorry if my english is bad...
    Suggested add-on - Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary: The Return of the White Raven: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/318174-FF-add-on
    Suggested feature - Chocobo Orchestrion: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/318163-Chocobo-orchestrion
    Suggested mounts - Dreadgnought and White Raven: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/320924-Two-mounts-suggestions

Player
    Character
    Tsubaki Hayate
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 70
    I would welcome a Trapper as a gathering class, definitely a more efficient way of getting skins, eggs, claws ect from mobs.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Y'kayah Tia
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 50
    Supposedly the Rogue "Mug" skill can increase drop rates if it's the killing blow, but it's not by enough to be measurable or useful. What we'd need is something like a stance (independent of other stances, but a stance-like toggle skill) that lowers DPS but gives a significant bonus to drop rates for HQ or rare items.

If it's going to have a significant enough affect on drops to be useful, though, it's going to need a detrimental effect to counterbalance that. (I'm guessing that's why Mug's affect on drops is too minimal to be useful. It lacks any such counterbalancing debuff.) A DPS debuff, or possibly defense debuff, could make it viable.
    (0)
    Last edited by Niwashi; 06-28-2018 at 05:11 AM.

Player
    Character
    Raldo Volca
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwashi View Post
    Supposedly the Rogue "Mug" skill can increase drop rates if it's the killing blow, but it's not by enough to be measurable or useful.
    It was modified to boost drop rates if used at any point, rather than just the killing blow, but yeah it's still crap.

Delivers an attack with a potency of 140.
    Additional Effect: Increases the chance of additional items being dropped by target if Mug is dealt before, or as, the finishing blow
    Additional Effect: Increases Ninki Gauge by 30

On the topic at hand though, retainers bringing me stuff is generally sufficient for most things, but making Steppe Serge at a rate of less than one per hour per DoW/M retainer really shows the limitations of that system. Drop rate increases for a short list of high-demand items wouldn't be a bad thing.
    (1)
    Last edited by Raldo; 06-28-2018 at 08:41 AM.

Player
    Character
    Alya Mizar
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 44
    How about weapons with reduced damage and names like skinning knives, hunting bow, boar spear, trappers handbook etc. that also increase odds on a drop?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Jojoya Joya
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 60
    You'd probably be better off listing what specific items you feel aren't dropping in sufficient quantities and can't be obtained through a levequest. Some things are intended to be rare.

If the point is to increase rate you're able to obtain things so you can make more gil, remember that any overall increase in the amount obtained is going to decrease the value of both the item and what the item is used to make.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Omega Arcane
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    It was modified to boost drop rates if used at any point, rather than just the killing blow, but yeah it's still crap.

On the topic at hand though, retainers bringing me stuff is generally sufficient for most things, but making Steppe Sergeat a rate of less than one per hour per DoW/M retainer really shows the limitations of that system. Drop rate increases for a short list of high-demand items wouldn't be a bad thing.
    Not to mention its a 90 second cool down. You know how many monsters you can kill in that time frame at lvl 70? :P I usually like you have my retainers do the dirty work or just equip machinist and go "huntin" Its good to reach enemies far away instead of running to everything, when done ride a mount to next set of enemies and rinse and repeat.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rosa Frandlia
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by OMega_ARcane View Post
    Not to mention its a 90 second cool down. You know how many monsters you can kill in that time frame at lvl 70? :P I usually like you have my retainers do the dirty work or just equip machinist and go "huntin" Its good to reach enemies far away instead of running to everything, when done ride a mount to next set of enemies and rinse and repeat.
    I do the same, retainers take an hour and bring back typically more HQ than I can gather in an hour. Mine is a level 70 summoner and typically can get me all HQ in less time than it would take me to gather that much HQ. I just hope she doesn't burn the hides too much with ifrit-egi reducing them to normal quality (Role play reason for her to bring back normal).
    (0)