Character
    Maelina Sylfei
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 64

Rewards

Hello,

I would like to have everyone's feeling on a alternative rewards for quests. For example, in World of Warcraft some quests give you the choice to pick between several possible rewards. In World of Warcraft this is necessary as each character is limited to one class. However, in FFXIV this is not the case and every reward can potentially be used by any and all characters.

That said, some rewards are still uninteresting for some players, especially when doing lower level quests. Having an alternative reward to choose from could make things more appealing for low level quest or simply quest in general. Some players may prefer food over equipment or shards over gil, etc.

How does the community feels about having multiple rewards to choose from?

Personally, I'd like it. More options to choose from is good.
    (5)
    LOL cash shop! SE's way to tell their player how they appreciate them... pull the carrot and empty your pockets $$$
    And to those who support it: you are kicking yourselves. -- We just need to sit back and laugh at people with cash shop items.
    (Marvelous economics IQ test!)

Player
    Character
    Saint Brimstone
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 70
    I'm sure someone's gonna throw a handful of lewd hate in your general direction for the WoW mention, but....I think a choice would be good as well.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Rane Farstrider
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    No lewd hate here. I love the OP's idea, and I hope it makes its way into XIV. It's nice to be given the option to chose your reward. Naturally, every quest doesn't need to give you multiple reward options, but its nice if some quests do.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakiamiie View Post
    Hello,

I would like to have everyone's feeling on a alternative rewards for quests. For example, in World of Warcraft some quests give you the choice to pick between several possible rewards. In World of Warcraft this is necessary as each character is limited to one class. However, in FFXIV this is not the case and every reward can potentially be used by any and all characters.

That said, some rewards are still uninteresting for some players, especially when doing lower level quests. Having an alternative reward to choose from could make things more appealing for low level quest or simply quest in general. Some players may prefer food over equipment or shards over gil, etc.

How does the community feels about having multiple rewards to choose from?

Personally, I'd like it. More options to choose from is good.
    I think so long as they do it like in FFXI, it'd be acceptable.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Shayla Asiaine
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 50
    Hello,

Although it may sound like more options are good, we can run into problems if none of the options are good.

What happens if I get an option of 3 items, but none interest me? I'll just pick the 'first' and carry on. This will be no different than now.

Then it becomes a challenge for SE to ensure that we always have a choice that we would like. And I'm not sure how that would work.

One could argue well that we should be able to choose 'gil' or 'crystal' over 'useless item'. But in a way that is possible: We can sell the useless item for Gil at an NPC (so removes the need to offer us: 500 gil or 500 Gil Worth Item), and then use that gil to buy crystals.

The point that I am trying to get at hopefully is that it can be a challenge for SE to offer up a list of balanced reward items to choose from that appeal to enough people consistently to be worth adding. And to be more worthwhile than to save the step of exchanging item for gil at NPC.

On a seperate note, not sure if it is fully known, we do get some choices in rewards sometimes:
    Coffer Hunting, if we get a key, we can choose which chest to open and get an item accordingly.
    Iffy/Moogy: If we get enough bits we can exchange them for a weapon of our choice.
    Quests: We can switch jobs to choose where we put the XP if we want (which is nice).

But yes, choice is nice. However, implementing choices that we would find usefullness in can be a bit of a challenge.
    (2)