Player
    Character
    Shayla Asiaine
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 50
    [COLOR]
    I say this because I've noticed that you can run away from an eruption as soon as possible and before it blows up -so long as you had run away before the 'timer' ticked down- you can run right back onto the eruption and NOT take any damge at all when it blows up. On the other hand you can run clear off the eruption, but If you didn't get away from the center before the hidden timer hits 0 even if you are clearly off the eruption at the time it explodes, you will take damage.

Does that make sense?

Good Luck, Have Fun, and Get Loot.[/COLOR]

I think this might be making sense. It follows the 'effect' takes place before 'animation'. For example, I notice that I successfully hit a monster before the animation that I hit the monster is shown (you see the little combo icon with spells appear before your magic lands on the monster). Also I notice drops from monster while it is still standing.

Seems a lot of things are backwards. So maybe you are already determined to be hit before the animation shows you are hit, and the animation is just eye candy that may or may not appear at a later date and is irrelevant to you actually taking damage.

Yes, that would help explain a lot.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zenaku Yamada
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Meatdawg View Post
    There is a lot of speculation and unverified information in your post. This is how rumors start...
    It was post by a dev that they are making a new version of Ifrit Easy mode,Hard mode "which we have now" and Hard Hard mode and each would have there own drops rates so i don't think it speculation at all if you don't believe me find the dev post yourself.

The only thing that i'm speculation is T2 Ifrit weps which looking at the history of SE with FFXI i'm sure it be like that...
    (0)
    Last edited by Zenaku; 02-12-2012 at 11:30 PM.
    Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together Autographed By "Akihiko Yoshida Tarot Card Sweepstakes Winner

Player
    Character
    Mister Wonderful
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Matsume View Post
    I got Ifrits Blade on my First Ifrit kill. I then proceeded to obtain 1 ifrit Item, along with a totem here or there, on average ever 10 Kills up until I had 5/7 Ifrit weapons - never once getting a duplicate. At this point I also had 10 totems. I then proceeded to get a duplicate Cudgel, Axe, and Harpoon and gave away a total of 5 totems to LS mates thinking to myself "oh I will certainly get ONE of my last two items before I get another 10 totems. And then it happened. Ifrit's Cane finally dropped, I purchased my Last weapon with the 10 totems I had been holding on and I sold my extra 11th totem for 1 gil to the lady at Bric a Brac. All in all I think I beat Ifrit less than 100 times, and as frustrating as it was I am finally relieved to be done with that hellhole.

On the other hand I know a certain Lalafell in my LS who had gone 0/60+ before obtaining his firt Ifrit weapon. I know nother who is sitting on 5/7 and has obtained FIVE cudgels already. And then there is one lucky bastard who was online last night that got 4 Ifrits weapons (no duplicates) In SEVEN WINS. Yes...FOUR weapons, SEVEN WINS. Granted it was Full Moon...which seems to help the drop rate a little.

Okay, so I play on a laptop. When I first started running Ifrit I couldn't dodge an eruption, much less a plume or sentinel before Hellfire. Then one nice Lalafell recommended I turn down my configurations, which I did. Then he told me to turn the graphics configurations down via the OUT OF GAME "FFXIV Config" Launcher. You know?

This is where you go to change the window size settings/windower option etc... There is a "visual" and "graphics" tab that contains a few drop down menus that correspond "Drawing Quality" "Background Quality" and "Shadow Quality" as well as "Texture Quality" and "Texture Filtering". Generally, I turn down "Drawing Quality" to "2" or "3" and the rest to "Lowest" or "1". Having done so I no longer experience ANY lag whatsoever during Primal Fights and I dodge eruptions 99% of the time.

One last note: it seems that dodging eruptions is all about timing, and not about placement. From what I've noiced, eruptions spawn with the target dead center. There must be a circle around this central point from which you must escape before a hidden timer ticks down so as not to take damage.

I say this because I've noticed that you can run away from an eruption as soon as possible and before it blows up -so long as you had run away before the 'timer' ticked down- you can run right back onto the eruption and NOT take any damge at all when it blows up. On the other hand you can run clear off the eruption, but If you didn't get away from the center before the hidden timer hits 0 even if you are clearly off the eruption at the time it explodes, you will take damage.

Does that make sense?

Good Luck, Have Fun, and Get Loot.
    This.

10char
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Shayla Asiaine
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 50
    Yaaay, I beat Ifrit again!
    *AND* I got a drop!!!!!!

Now, if only it wasn't a drop of an item I already had.....

Still at 1/7.

(Yes, I had one iffy weapon and the second one to drop was the same as the ONE weapon I already HAD. Someone at SE is really really REALLY mean....)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Master Matsume
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 50
    Sometimes I wonder.... Are there Game Masters on the other side playing AS Ifrit in the same sense that we play our characters? Wouldn't this make for a truly challengig battle?

And maybe they control the outcome of the loot...
    (0)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Zenaku View Post
    It was post by a dev that they are making a new version of Ifrit Easy mode,Hard mode "which we have now" and Hard Hard mode and each would have there own drops rates so i don't think it speculation at all if you don't believe me find the dev post yourself.

The only thing that i'm speculation is T2 Ifrit weps which looking at the history of SE with FFXI i'm sure it be like that...
    You pretty much just proved my point right there.

It's just speculation and rumors...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Bigcajonez Tia
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 50
    I have not read anything on this so I apologize in advanced if it has been brought up. It was mentioned way back when before Ifrit came out that if an all party of the same pledged city goes in we would obtain a greater reward. Now could this be related to the drop rate with Weapons/Totems/Nuts? Or has this already been debunked. Or did I just read something wrong.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Master Matsume
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCajonez88 View Post
    I have not read anything on this so I apologize in advanced if it has been brought up. It was mentioned way back when before Ifrit came out that if an all party of the same pledged city goes in we would obtain a greater reward. Now could this be related to the drop rate with Weapons/Totems/Nuts? Or has this already been debunked. Or did I just read something wrong.
    Good Question...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Shayla Asiaine
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCajonez88 View Post
    Hello,

I thought this was with the Grand Company (easy mode) version of the quest? Where you get bonus seals.

Or maybe I am confusing with another GC quest.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Bigcajonez Tia
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Asiaine View Post
    Hello,

I thought this was with the Grand Company (easy mode) version of the quest? Where you get bonus seals.

Or maybe I am confusing with another GC quest.
    You know what I went back and checked it out and you are correct. Thank you for help on that
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast