Player
    Character
    Kaelnok Furyclaw
    World
    Seraph
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 82

"Unable to join company"

**The following post is NOT about the character that shows up as my avatar. This happened while on a completely different character that is on a different server and different data center.

Earlier this morning I was attempting to accept a FC invite, and received the error "Unable to join company".

I searched for reasons why this would happen, & I from what I can tell... none of the reasons I've found so far would apply to me....

-**I'm not already in a FC.
    -I have not submitted an application to join any FC/no outstanding application(s).
    -I was not viewing a cutscene/cinematic.
    -I am not on a trial account.
    -I was not in a dungeon/trial/duty...etc etc.
    -I was not AFK.

**= I have another character, on another server, that is part of a different data center... he is in a FC. I did not find anything that would suggest one can NOT have an alt in a FC (regardless of server/dc)... only that "a character can only be in one FC at a time".

Here's the chain of events, sadly I can not include the exact times, because this happened this morning and.... well, I submitted a "bug report", thinking that it was like submitting a "gm ticket" requesting support... ooops... (but the times can be found in that, should a GM care to look it up, was around 8:45am EDT, June 24.)

Anywho:

-Invite received
    -I clicked on the notification thingy to view company details
    -I alt-tabbed to my browser to look up said company standing on the official website
    -I alt-tabbed back into the game, closed any windows in game...
    -clicked on the notification thingy (technical terminology at its finest right there! )
    -attempted to accept the invitation (with roughly 100 seconds still remaining)
    -ERROR popped up.
    -attempted to accept again, and again, then 3 or 4 more times...
    -Invite from ~insertnamehere~ cancelled. (the time ran out).
    -the sending player was still online, was the FC owner.

That is about as best as I can describe it all.... not sure what else to do. I'm going to laugh my rear off if it's because I have "a" character on a different server/data center that is in a FC... as if to say "1 FC per ACCOUNT"... that's would be... stupid.

Okie dokie... for now I suppose...

Thank you!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    King Canadane
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    I can confirm alts can join the same FC.
    Is the FC full? lol
    (0)

http://king.canadane.com

3. 06-25-2018 11:53 AM

4. 06-25-2018 12:00 PM

5. 06-25-2018 12:43 PM

Player
    Character
    Kaelnok Furyclaw
    World
    Seraph
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 82
    They aren't full, when I looked at their information they were at like 112 out of however many. (?)

At first I thought it might be due to the whole "1 house per account" thing, because I have that other character (on that other server on that other data center) in a FC which does have a house,
    AND, that character also has a shared estate with someone else... but I own neither and this is again... a character on a different server.

What I had read as far as that is concerned is 1 house per account *per server*, and that it shouldn't affect joining a FC on an alt that's on a completely different server.

Could that player that invited me possibly "rescind" the invitation, even though I still had the countdown timer showing on my screen? Is it even possible to rescind an invitation? (I've invited players into my FC, never noticed an option to withdraw it tho).
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Scott Pilgrim
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaeryden View Post
    Is it even possible to rescind an invitation?
    Yes and no. You can't specifically rescind it, but if you logoff then any invitations that you ahve made that haven't yet been claimed are automatically cancelled.

No idea if that is related to this situation or not.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kaelnok Furyclaw
    World
    Seraph
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 82
    Maybe...

I did a player search to see if he was still online, to send him a tell... sometimes even the search results can lag behind or hadn't refreshed soon enough.
    He did log off within just a few short minutes of inviting me, it's possible (I suppose) that he logged off before I tried to accept the invite and that the search window just hadn't reflected that yet.
    (0)

Hello!

Contact GM (XIV)
    Unfortunately, your issue requires the assistance of a Game Master in-game. We do not have the resources in the forum to assist with your request. To contact a Game Master simply type “/supportdesk,” which will bring up the menu to contact one for further assistance.
    I will be moving this thread to "separate support required"

Thank you for playing Final Fantasy XIV! Hope to see you online.
    (0)