Player
    Character
    Berteaux Braumegain
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90

[Request] Battle Square for the Gold Saucer?

We already had one in VII and a good portion of the gameplay in XIV is combat oriented. I'm surprised it hasn't been done already. It could also be a good refresher to plays on certain status effects like Acceleration Bomb depending on what winds up in the roulette between rounds.

I think this would be a really convenient system for people who might not be as good at some of the mini-games. Triple Triad is very frustrating to get into due to the barriers that hinder your deck until you get 60+ cards and Verminion doesn't seem to have a particularly active crowd. Given that everyone who plays XIV has had to do a battle at some point, I feel like this would be a well-received method of MGP gain for the player, especially if the ability to multiply your earnings was kept, if reduced to a smaller degree. Having done the math, I've noticed that I personally need to do about 14 weeks of Challenge Logs in order to gain enough MGP to buy the three or four cards that total out to just over 2 million MGP at the Gold Saucer (Cloud, Nanamo, Raubahn/Pipin, and Senor Sabotender). Being able to reduce that total to even just 8 weeks would go a long way in making things easier on me.

Functionally, it could operate like a solo duty. Some of the roulette options would need to be reworked, of course, but there's still potential for how it could affect the player.

- Reduced to minimum iLevel.
    - Level synced.
    - MP to 0.
    - TP to 0.
    - Status Effect: Poison, Blind, Acceleration Bomb, etc.
    - Disable melds?

NPCs could possibly be involved as well if you want to go the full mile and actually make it a Solo Duty. Or even just reuse Solo Duties already implemented in the game that the player has already completed.

As an additional, if unrelated note, the ability to refine Triple Triad cards into items (Morbol Card into Morbol Vines, for instance) would also be greatly appreciated. If it has to be attached to something like Perform, maybe it could be tied to a Gambler job?
    (3)
    Last edited by Berteaux_Braumegain; 06-26-2018 at 04:22 AM.

2. 06-26-2018 04:16 AM

Player
    Character
    Berteaux Braumegain
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Updated with some new thoughts.
    (0)