Player
    Character
    Lainya Landstalker
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80

Fishing for Ninja Betta, Mor Dhona

I fished up a ninja betta and managed to desynth it and get my assassin fry minion. Now, however, I cannot fish in the tangle any more. When ever I try, no matter what spot, it says "The fish sense something amiss....." Doesn't matter if I have the minion summoned or not, nothing changes it, changing spots doesn't help, changing bait doesn't help....nothing works. Has anyone else had this issue and if so, how did you fix it? TIA!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Song Sparrow
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    Try fishing in another zone completely.
    (0)

cerise leclaire
    (bad omnicrafter & terrible astrologian)

Player
    Character
    Omnium Timorum
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 70
    It used to be that once you started fishing somewhere, a timer began behind the scenes and after awhile, you got that message and had to take a break from fishing in that spot. Been a long time since I actually fished for a significant amount of time and I thought there was a change this particular mechanic. If someone else can clarify, that would be awesome. Otherwise, just do something else for a bit and you should be able to return to the spot.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Song Sparrow
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by EpicCid View Post
    It used to be that once you started fishing somewhere, a timer began behind the scenes and after awhile, you got that message and had to take a break from fishing in that spot. Been a long time since I actually fished for a significant amount of time and I thought there was a change this particular mechanic. If someone else can clarify, that would be awesome. Otherwise, just do something else for a bit and you should be able to return to the spot.
    It's actually two timers, in my experience.

The first is the one most people encounter, where you just need to shuffle a few feet to continue fishing.

The second will lock you out of fishing in that fishing hole entirely, until you fish somewhere else. After at least one cast in a different hole, though, you can resume fishing where you were before.
    (0)

cerise leclaire
    (bad omnicrafter & terrible astrologian)

Player
    Character
    Alya Mizar
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 72
    Quote Originally Posted by Elamys View Post
    It's actually two timers, in my experience.

The first is the one most people encounter, where you just need to shuffle a few feet to continue fishing.

The second will lock you out of fishing in that fishing hole entirely, until you fish somewhere else. After at least one cast in a different hole, though, you can resume fishing where you were before.
    This. And it doesn't have to be a different zone, any other fishing hole will do.
    (0)