Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90

[Request]Can there be offical archive of the 1.X CS's?

Now I know from the last live letter, that someone requested the ability to officially play 1.X. Not possible, of course since the actual server code for that version no longer exists..but that got me thinking.

I've scrounged around and found some unofficial cutscene archives on Youtube but I think they are..somewhat lacking. (I haven't found a full one..yet..) I'd like to ask our fine developers: is there a way to literally make a OFFICIAL cutscene archive of the 1.X series for all to watch if they want to/missed out in the first place? I think this would solve the problem of people wanting to know what happened back then.
    (10)

Player
    Character
    Enkidoh Roux
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    It's not really possible I'm afraid as 1.0's cutscenes were rendered in 1.0's engine (Crystal Tools), which is a completely different engine to ARR. Having said it, from what I understood originally SE did consider allowing 1.0 players to be able to view their 1.0 quest cutscenes in the Unending Journey in ARR, rendered in ARR's custom engine, but it appears that was quietly dropped at some point in ARR's development (probably due to the huge technical challenges it would require).

I think the closest you're going to get other than viewing player recordings of them on Youtube is the Waning of the Sixth Sun DVD that came with the Collector's Edition of ARR which was a summary of 1.0's Seventh Umbral Era event cutscenes, however it lacked the original 1.0 starting city stories and the Path of the Twelve scenario, probably because these storylines were actually being cannibalized for ideas for ARR's main scenario, and SE didn't want to 'spoil' anything about it.
    (0)

Character
    Deionarra Eidolon
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkidoh View Post
    It's not really possible I'm afraid as 1.0's cutscenes were rendered in 1.0's engine (Crystal Tools), which is a completely different engine to ARR.
    I'm sure SE could simply record things as video files, rather than choosing to render them. Hell, players could choose to view the cutscenes from the main game menu, rather than from within XIV, much as we do if we want to revisit the Heavensward intro movie. Naturally, however, this approach would mean that a 'generic' character would be used for the player role.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Sarevok Thordin
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    I think that the 1.0 cutscenes would be nice to see in the Luminous Engine, hell we've already seen one cutscene with Nanamo done in it (There will be blood).

The only problem comes from trying to insert a 2.0 starting character where they don't belong, unless of course you are a Legacy character. It would be a nice touch to bring back Arbert and his team for that.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Aurelie Moonsong
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarevok_Thordin View Post
    The only problem comes from trying to insert a 2.0 starting character where they don't belong, unless of course you are a Legacy character. It would be a nice touch to bring back Arbert and his team for that.
    I agree, and personally I'd rather that than having cutscenes showing my character when I wasn't actually around for 1.0 - for my own character concepts, I assume my characters' journeys only started with the events of ARR. It would be strange to see them there when I never played through those events.

Additionally (particularly for latecomers) we've already seen Arbert and his group as the original Warriors of Light who were present at the Calamity, in the "Answers" FMV. So it would make sense for the rest of the 1.0 cutscenes to show them as well.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Sarevok Thordin
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Indeed.

If this were to be implemented perhaps it could come about in the form of...

Post-Meteor Adventurers - Alisaie approaches you asking if you are interested in what she found out about her grandfather and events that occured before the fall of Dalamud, including stories heard from a group of talented adventurers that shaped events there.

Legacy Adventurers - Tataru approaches you recalling when she first met you, if your mentor from the opening city quests is present they also work, decide to look back and take stock over how far they have come.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Squintina Nightgard
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Indeed.

If this were to be implemented perhaps it could come about in the form of...

Post-Meteor Adventurers - Alisaie approaches you asking if you are interested in what she found out about her grandfather and events that occured before the fall of Dalamud, including stories heard from a group of talented adventurers that shaped events there.

Legacy Adventurers - Tataru approaches you recalling when she first met you, if your mentor from the opening city quests is present they also work, decide to look back and take stock over how far they have come.
    Alisaie quest to get 1.0 cutscenes using the standard warriors of light (or some other placeholder character)? I'd love that.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Sora Burakku
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    Early on in 2.0 some of us got together to try and bring the story of 1.0 to new players in a more consumable manner. Things fell off because it was tough to get voice talent together and we were literally all over the globe. If there is enough interest, we might end up continuing where we left off.

FFXIV: A Realm Retold
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Xitra Lunrise
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    I mean they use old 1.0 Cutescene couple of time.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Pastahnak Popotonak
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 80
    There already is one, it's called YouTube.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast