Character
    Chad Thundermember
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 90

An idea for obtaining houses.

How about this...

Instead of spending time spamming purchase on an empty plot competing against other players who are doing the same, why not... do a literal LOTTERY? As in, if a player wants to buy the house, he'll register himself and be put on a random real lottery, to which if he'd be the winner, he'd get the house?

I managed to get an FC house myself yesterday, but it was absolute hell.

Making it so that it's an actual lottery will save players from pain.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Caitlin Seraphim
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 90
    No just no, hell no. Dont we have enough rng already?
    Its already a lottery by the way. Will you be at the head of the que? will you not be kicked out when new wards are added?. When will that plot be released, will i gamble that it will be a while or in the next hour, ergo can i sleep or not Isnt all that enough of a lottery for yyou?
    (32)

Player
    Character
    Keridwyn Maeve
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    This suggestion always gets brought up when it comes to housing and it is pretty unpopular. It wouldn't do a thing to actually solve the housing issue and would just frustrate people.

Better suggestions are grand company workshops and expanded improved apartments to help alleviate some of the housing crunch. It helps homeless FCs and makes apartments more attractive to potential homeowners that don't garden or can otherwise forego a yard.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Chad Thundermember
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Caitlinzulu View Post
    No just no, hell no. Dont we have enough rng already?
    Its already a lottery by the way. Will you be at the head of the que? will you not be kicked out when new wards are added?. When will that plot be released, will i gamble that it will be a while or in the next hour, ergo can i sleep or not Isnt all that enough of a lottery for yyou?
    Wait wait... What do you mean kicked out when new wards are added?? Are you telling me it's possible for me to lose my house?? Please explain.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Crushing Fatigue
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Keridwyn View Post
    This suggestion always gets brought up when it comes to housing and it is pretty unpopular. It wouldn't do a thing to actually solve the housing issue and would just frustrate people.

Better suggestions are grand company workshops and expanded improved apartments to help alleviate some of the housing crunch. It helps homeless FCs and makes apartments more attractive to potential homeowners that don't garden or can otherwise forego a yard.
    Or FC sharing/renting to help smaller FC's access rewards that only a brick and mortar location can bring.

With that said, while it is a problem that I don't think should be swept under the rug, this kind of thing only occurs on larger servers. The smaller ones still have lots of plots and forcing an arbitrary lottery system would only cause issues for them as well, thus mooting the point of the desired improvement. What needs to happen is the developer's need to find a solution that addresses both sides and their specific needs, as we're just never going to get a revamped housing system.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Caitlin Seraphim
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 90
    I mean more like getting a dc just when you are about to click on the board to buy the plot...... I'm still swearing about that
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nettle Creidne
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Super_Bee_Brian View Post
    Do you even know how lottery works?
    (15)

Player
    Character
    Caitlin Seraphim
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 90
    There are several types too
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Oraina Fhey
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Wait wait... What do you mean kicked out when new wards are added?? Are you telling me it's possible for me to lose my house?? Please explain.
    It is possible to lose your house. (gratz BTW) Just be sure someone goes inside every so often, if the house is abandoned for 45 IRL days you'll get an email and a few days after that the house is auto-demolished.

Like I said, just be sure to hop into it from time to time and you'll be okay.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aylis Tessier
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    Okay, let me register a full account of characters on a single plot to increase my chances of winning along side members from multiple FC's doing the same thing to compete against players who maybe entering the lotto with one character. Its been brought up before but a lotto would do very little to ease the pain of getting a house.

Its been brought up before but as it is no matter what they do, housing will always be a disaster. They could help the issue by expanding apartment functions to include things like gardening.
    (3)

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast