Player
    Character
    Dyers Eve
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 70

Request to let everyone use Gold Saucer games.

I'd just like to request the option to let the Gold Saucer games be useable by anyone entering a house. My FC would like to host a sort of game night event for not only our FC but other FC's and friends but anyone outside the FC would not be able to use the games. The same goes for personal housing and tenants. I'd like to have people over to play the games but only tenants can use them. With a limited number of tenants it makes it a chore to constantly swap people out depending on who is playing at the time. I'm sure there are people who wouldn't want anyone outside their FC/tenants to be able to play the games so maybe make it optional for anyone to use them? I know guest books can be used by anyone regardless of FC/tenant, so its not impossible to do. Thanks!!
    (8)

Character
    Shinigami Zetta
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Then people would just troll and be there no thx lol
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Loki Lux
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    I'd like for it if friends could use them. It would make sitting in a friends home a bit more fun.
    (3)

"Within each of us, the potential for great power waits to be released."

that really should be an access level for all interactables though maybe not food or Orchestration access.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ciel Ouranos
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by ManuelBravo View Post
    Yeah right as if anyone actually wants to play the horrible games when not like politely participating at an event.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Jojoya Joya
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Anything interactive that doesn't affect the house environment (changing item look, creating noises) should be interactive for all players. Why is it a problem for other players to use my Summoning Bell or Material Supplier or Armoire or Crystal Tower Striker? Their use of these items doesn't deprive me of anything or change anything in my house.

If someone wants to troll you, they're going to do it regardless of what's in your house.

Remove guest access if you find people trolling your house to be a problem. Then ask yourself how it is you attract all the trolls while they ignore other houses.

Quote Originally Posted by SendohJin View Post
    that really should be an access level for all interactables though maybe not food or Orchestration access.
    I'd love to have food interactive for guests. Food sharing is a basic social form and most of the food items are inexpensive to make.

What would be better is to create non-interactive versions for those who are using them solely for decoration. Right now if we're "eating" the food it's because we want to get to the empty platters and plates, not because the food is providing an interesting buff.

I would agree when it comes to the Orchestrion. Having a half dozen people fighting over what song is playing would be unpleasant at best.

On the other hand, I wouldn't mind having a Jukebox type Orchestrion where everyone could select their favorite song from their personal list and the songs would be queued up to play in full. It could work similar to the message books so players could only select one song per day per Jukebox just as they can only leave one message a day.

It could be a good way to stir up more interest in obtaining Orchestrion rolls as people get exposed to more of the songs available. Have the jukebox show a "Now Playing - Next Up" message when the player interacts with it. If I don't want other players selecting music for my house, I don't put out the Jukebox.
    (3)
    Last edited by Jojoya; 06-28-2018 at 10:43 AM.

Player
    Character
    Souji Hanamura
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Having a menu where you can allow different access for different people (alts, anyone, friends, tenants) that works like the FC permissions menu would be great. Maybe I want to have my food available to all one night for an RP event, but not the orchestrion rolls. Maybe I want my friends to be able to mess with my orchestrion rolls but not my tenant because my tenant has terrible taste? I know, I know, "server limitations". But, it would be nice.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Scarlett Dzian
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 76
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojoya View Post
    Anything interactive that doesn't affect the house environment (changing item look, creating noises) should be interactive for all players. Why is it a problem for other players to use my Summoning Bell or Material Supplier or Armoire or Crystal Tower Striker? Their use of these items doesn't deprive me of anything or change anything in my house.
    This so very much. I think Everything should be interactive at least to friends. (Except maybe lamps and orchestrations sort of thing)

Be cool to set up like a musical band have friends playing my organ and harp while I play something else..
    And definitely be able to use any vendors I have placed.

My other issue with those games is you can't actually see people play them. Kinda disappointing. It'd be fun to watch my friends jumping up and smashing that hammer down on the striker. And lol when the cactus barely moves....
    (1)

Character
    Tanuki Crash
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 70
    Make your house private. Solved.
    (0)