Player
    Character
    Alistair Adfectus
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 80

Titan-Egi Rework Proposal

Hey guys, so I am a recent returner after a two year break to finish school. I used to be a healer main but have now decided to main summoner since they have done so many things to fix the quality of life, and we now have Bahamut! However, there is still one thing about SMN that I feel needs to be addressed, and that is the ever niche and low-key useless pet, Titan-Egi.

He only sees use during solo play, and even then, now that we have Bahamut it ruins the point of having him out because Titan will never regain aggro after he disappears to make room for Bahamut. Plus, it is simply more efficient for us the SMN to tank mobs while our Chocobos spam cure on us. (Also Chocobos don’t seem to think Titan exists either and will not heal him).

TL;DR, there is absolutely no point in ever summoning Titan-Egi.

Which leads me to propose skill and role changes for him. I want to keep his identity as a defensive pet, and feel like some Party defense skills would fit perfectly.

Skills:

Earthen Ward/Earthen Fury: This will be a stance toggle to have his attacks either draw enmity or do more damage. Earthen Ward stance will cause all attacks to draw enmity and increase his HP to that of his current amount, while Earthen Fury stance will cause all pet attacks to do 10% more damage with no enmity generation and decrease his HP to that of Ifrit/Garuda’s.

Rock Buster: Unchanged

Titan’s Heart: This will replace Landslide. Titan gives the entire party the Titan’s Heart buff which reduces incoming damage by 10% for 20s. If a party member receives damage while under the effect of the buff, they will feel a brief “Pulse of Life” increasing healing received by other players by 15% for 5 seconds. If Titan is in the Ward stance, being attacked while under the effect of this buff will increase his enmity. This ability would be useful in content with lots of AoE damage and will help amplify tank and healer abilities. I’m thinking either a 90s or 120s recast.

Mountain Buster: Now stuns all nearby enemies for 2s and deals damage with a potency of 80. Recast increased to 30s from 15s.

Anyway, these were just some thoughts I had to help make Titan-Egi relevant as I would love to be able to use him more often.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Sylvestre Solscribe
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    that sounds nice

A 10% less damage taken could definitely be a game changer on some encounter when you're low on gear.

However one problem remain, (beside a phase transition) there's no effective way to change pet.
    So usually this would be something you decide to use on pull and as far as I'm concerned, most group would rather have Radiant Shield or Contagion over that.
    The very short 60sec cd of Radiant and Contagion doesn't help as you can't just use them on pull and disregard the pet for the next 120 or 180sec.

On the other hand, I have the feeling that being able to to weave easily between pet would actually be problematic balance wise as you could apply Radiant Shield, Contagion and Titan's Heart in succession.

While I love the idea and it's definitely something that would make Titan usable in a raid scenario, beside world first struggling to survive concecutive AoE burst at specific time, I don't see this being of much use overall.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Jack Cinder
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    Give titan a true provoke on a super long cd to eat tank busters but get one shot in the process. That'd be super busted, but I think it'd be kinda funny.

And let tanks shirk it
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Leon Reddas
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 77
    It would be nice if Titan also had a fairy version of itself as well so the SCH has access to a tank type pet. Yes SCH clearly has much better self heal SMN so some people may think it's not really needed, but unless we get another fairy in the next expac, SCH will be relegated yet again with only 2 faeries and no glamour options.

The Fairy Titan would have it's own version of Fey Covenant except it would reduce Physical instead of Magical Damage for a short time. It would also have a self buff similar to Earthen Ward that literally takes any aggro from the SCH and acts as a decoy, perhaps like a NIN Silhouette effect. It means that in raid content the fairy would have no chance of taking aggro from the actual tank, (unless SCH is next highest on the aggro list then something is wrong), but could offer some respite if adds are causing issues etc. Embrace and some other undecided action would be available as well.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Zuzu Belloq
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    Eos is the Titan of Fairies.
    (0)