Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Player
    Character
    Squintina Nightgard
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    I like mine how they are now but I wouldn't be opposed to the various ideas here.

But personally I don't want for much for squadrons, just the following:
    * 4th Squadron Ability that is enabled when not playing a healer called "Request Heal".
    Said ability would always use a single target heal on the real player.

* More dungeons

* Guildhests

* Achievements for beating X unique command missions

* Squadron Feast.
    4 vs 3 (+ me)
    OR
    4 vs 4, and just watch for fun ^^

* More rewards
    Squadron missions are great for getting your own GC level 3 buffs
    Command missions are amazing for leveling (1.1 - 1.7 levels for 25-30 mins from level 25 to 50 is awesome)

But...once a player is above the level range, there isn't much of a reason to go run command missions. Even the guaranteed loot isn't a factor once you're out-leveled because that's what unsync solo is for. I don't imagine myself doing anymore brayflox command missions now that all my jobs are 44+.

It would be cool if there were daily/weekly repeatable quests to go do specific command missions, and said quest gave new currency (currency tab please) that could then be exchanged for cracked clusters/crystals or crafting materials that aren't currently sold by other NPC's.
    (0)
    Last edited by Squintina; 06-25-2018 at 09:34 AM.

Player
    Character
    Carlo Vinne
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    A really weird idea I had was that you could get beast tribe members to join as well.

They already sort of have a dynamic of healers, tanks, and dps in their forces. Why not capitalise on it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nephie Elz
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 90
    We could send them on exploratory mission similar to how players can send generic units adventuring in the Final Fantasy tactics series in return for interesting stories, lore, world building, fleshing out organizations and people , and items (dungeon weapons, relic quest items, currencies, etcetera) et cetera.
    (0)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ewwwwwww, it's all glowwy again!

Player
    Character
    Lockey Breezewalker
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 80
    How about squadron duels, or 4v4 pvp where each player bring his squadron for a pvp mission?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    K'nahli Yohko
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 89
    Quote Originally Posted by Shurrikhan View Post
    • Your squadron mates can take interest in each other, in the vein of rivals, admirers, or even romantic interest, and these relationships can be played upon to adjust quests found, quest results, traits (positive OR negative -- though all negative ones can eventually be erased) acquired, and exp bonuses.
    This is quite literally what I THOUGHT the chemistry system was going to be, not.... the arbitrary nonsense that it is at present.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Zizi Yadi
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    Just feels like there's no point to em. Like after getting the captain rank there was no real reason to go back. So if they wanted players to check back in, I think they'd have to make it interesting in some way.
    • Better rewards

The captain rank introduced a lot of neat looking glamour weapons. Some squadmates can bring back scrips and materia. More and consistent rewards could keep bringing people back. Give people carrots and they'll keep coming back to it.
    • Interesting squadmates

I downloaded a game called Dragalia Lost and you can summon adventurers to your team. They don't have an impact on your story, from what I can see now anyhow, but they do have their own little side stories of their own. Something like that would be neat to help flesh out and give a personality to your squads. Trait bonuses, think something like personal potentials from Valkyria Chronicles, could help flesh em out even more.
    • Streamlining the system

Why should a captain head back to the barracks to give orders? They should be able to do that from far away. The basics of the squadron system (training, sending out a squad, or command missions) should have it's own menu instead of having to go all the way to the GC to fiddle with that.

Think the squadron system is a neat addition to the game, but as is there's just no real reason to consistently keep tabs on it. I'm hoping they continue working on it and improve it.
    (0)

Player
    Gridania and Ul'dah (because Ishgard not allowed to be starting city-state :c)
    Character
    Strea Leonhart
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Let us assign Jobs to our Squadron members, at least some of us want to make our squadron be more interesting in both mechanics and aesthetics... Seriously you have no idea how badly I want give at least 1 of my squadron members a DRK weapon... though they would need to fix the squadron order mechanic to make it work with the job system...
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2