Player
    Character
    Azelas Loire
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70

selling wins

i don't really see selling wins for gil as much of a problem. i had to do it at launch when titan hm was really bad with the server load and i because i can't play controller on PS3 to save my life for twintania before PS4 came out. isn't this the very definition of RMT?

I see it on my data center's party finders all day. I reached out wondering myself how you would exchange gil cross server. I was kind of shocked that his response was paypal. how does this not get reported as RMT? i know they don't really take outside sources as evidence, but isn't this just blatant RMT?
    (14)
    Last edited by ThaiChi; 06-18-2018 at 09:19 AM.

Player
    Character
    King Canadane
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    The players name is on that picture.
    You shouldn't post that, for your own accounts sake, no matter if you think a rule is being broken or not. It's not on us to decide.
    (5)

http://king.canadane.com

Character
    Rastiana Bel'briar
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Trading anything in game for anything out of the game is rmt... they dont get busted because the gms dont go beyond basic chat in their rmt investigations
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Squintina Nightgard
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    As long as they don't mention real money in the game, they can get away with it. SE doesn't accept outside evidence because it can be easily tempered with.

And yeah it's fairly obvious that if they're data-center PF, it's probably not for gil...but officially, if they don't say anything about the real money, SE can't just assume that it wasn't just a mistake (after all, a "world" PF for gil would be completely legit, so a player being investigated would just claim it was datacenter-wide by accident).

:/

Just is how it is.

PS: Get another picture with the player names taken out (even if that picture wasn't yours. Download it, edit it, upload it). Mentioning names is against forum rules and SE can be super harsh with banning people sometimes.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Azelas Loire
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    Alright, i didn't know, i'll just distill it down to text. i rarely use this
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ardor Historia
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    It is RMT. SE is afraid or banning players that sell content, because those are players that will continue playing. Likewise, the people buying those runs are likely players that will stick around - and I'd be willing to bet if you have money lying around to pay for wins, you probably buy random crap from the cash-shop all the time.

I mean, this is all my speculation.

Unless we see players actively unsub with this being the main factor, I don't think SE will act on this and enforce it's own rules.
    (6)
    "You have a heart of gold. Don't let them take it from you!"

Player
    Character
    King Canadane
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by ThaiChi View Post
    Alright, i didn't know, i'll just distill it down to text. i rarely use this
    Yeah that should be fine. Even just scribbling out the name in paint or something is usually enough.
    SE does what they can about rule breakers, and unfortunately, calling someone out by name here on the Lodestone is much more immediately confirmable by SE than it is about off-game RMT.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ardor Historia
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadane View Post
    Yeah that should be fine. Even just scribbling out the name in paint or something is usually enough.
    SE does what they can about rule breakers, and unfortunately, calling someone out by name here on the Lodestone is much more immediately confirmable by SE than it is about off-game RMT.
    Hold on. If they can't use discord chat as evidence, why would a discord name get anyone banned? That doesn't make much sense, I mean the argument goes both ways.
    (2)
    "You have a heart of gold. Don't let them take it from you!"

Player
    Character
    Bacent Rekkes
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Just try to talk to them and get them to admit you need to buy something with cash and send it to them, then report them.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    King Canadane
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Odstarva View Post
    Hold on. If they can't use discord chat as evidence, why would a discord name get anyone banned? That doesn't make much sense, I mean the argument goes both ways.
    It was a screenshot of Party Finder.
    (4)

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast