Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Cledwyn Llywellyn
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    I do hope it becomes possible to appeal bans realistically. I know anecdotes can be pretty problematic within a topic like this, but I know many people who would love to be able to get back on the forums to provide actual feedback and engage in the community here again. I’ve seen the argument that “they shouldn’t break the rules then” a lot whilst not taking into any consideration that we’re all capable of making mistakes. Given how very rigid and strict the TOS is in conjunction with how zero-tolerance the Mods can be (especially compared to most other MMO forums nowadays) It’s wilfully ignorant to assume it’s as black and white as that, or that it’s right to be. I’m down for second chances, and third chances, maybe even more, granted the offence wasn’t heinous or truly damaging. I also can’t see the taking into consideration of temporary bans from literal *years* prior to any current ban as a promising way to judge people. Contrary to what some believe, people can and do learn from their mistakes, so please give these people more chances, *real* chances. Many of these banned players are loyal players and customers after all, so showing some compassion would probably do wonders for this game and companies reputation, especially here on the forums of course.
    (0)
    Last edited by Cled-cat; 01-22-2019 at 09:40 AM.

Player
    Character
    Zeon Darksol
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 80
    My cousin was banned for weird reasons also, even for something he posted in beta after a ingame GM told him he would get more help posting on forums.
    Once he got help someone went into his history who had a vendetta versus him reported the topic which was 3 years old which the topic should of been handled and was banned for name shaming.

4 temp bans and you are perm out of the forums for good to me is a bit harsh I would of rather seen it as 4 temp bans if you don't listen then 1 year after the year unban but if you don't listen the years climb as it would go to 2 years.

cause you have to put in effort to believe the person will change in that amount of years.

my cousin says he doesn't care that he believes it had something to do with the SNK signature he used and it was always being deleted after temp ban all it was about was snk fighters beating up capcom with basically a gif.

said that people report for weird reasons even to get pay back on each other to remove someone on purpose because of grudges and he rather not be apart of that type of community and that he now sticks to reddit.

but I agree with you all trust me.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Jibikly Pureheart
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    I got banned in December for 10 days for creating a thread “the Rewards for the Christmas event are “ first word is a (S) last is a (T) and is four letters in total”. I won’t put what I wrote here for obvious reasons but if I remember correctly I used the word 3-4 times. I wasn’t rude to anyone just saying what my opinion of the event was. Never had I had a warning of anything before being playing and being in forum for a few years now. Went straight for a 10 day ban.

Was it just? Wasn’t it? I won’t discuss just wanted to put another players recent experience for others players to know as it is appropriate for this topic.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Aurelie Moonsong
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Jib View Post
    I got banned in December for 10 days for creating a thread “the Rewards for the Christmas event are “ first word is a (S) last is a (T) and is four letters in total”. I won’t put what I wrote here for obvious reasons but if I remember correctly I used the word 3-4 times. I wasn’t rude to anyone just saying what my opinion of the event was. Never had I had a warning of anything before being playing and being in forum for a few years now. Went straight for a 10 day ban.

Was it just? Wasn’t it? I won’t discuss just wanted to put another players recent experience for others players to know as it is appropriate for this topic.
    I would consider [your description of the event rewards] to be an obvious "word you don't use on moderated forums". Maybe you'd get away with it in the body of a post if nobody took offence and reported you for it, but that's not the same as actually being allowed to do it, and I'm sure the mods are at least keeping an eye on thread titles at all times.

There are so many other words you can use if you want to complain about the rewards. Say they're rubbish. Say they're awful. It's not remotely hard to substitute a "polite" word and get your exact same intent across.
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Wubrant Drakesbane
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    If you go advanced mode on your own post you should be able to edit the title of a thread you've started. Just thought that should be added here. I didn't see that posted, although I skimmed the first four pages and then ran a search so.. I apologize if its old info now.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritMuse View Post
    The weird thing about that though is that it doesn't actually change the title of the thread. It just changes the title of the first post in the thread. The original title will still be here on the forum page.
    I feel like I've done it before, but there could be other things at play (like it was moments after posting it live, and long ago, or I'm crazy lol). But I thought people should know that my info is incorrect.
    (0)
    Last edited by Shougun; 01-24-2019 at 05:11 AM.

Character
    Beckard Arseneau
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90

You have to put an 'e' at the end to make it FFXIV appropriate.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Jijifli Kokofli
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 55
    I got a 10 day ban because I used a word that involved a butt and a hole.

Be careful everyone.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jibikly Pureheart
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Beckett View Post
    You have to put an 'e' at the end to make it FFXIV appropriate.
    That made me laugh.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jibikly Pureheart
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Iscah View Post
    I would consider [your description of the event rewards] to be an obvious "word you don't use on moderated forums". Maybe you'd get away with it in the body of a post if nobody took offence and reported you for it, but that's not the same as actually being allowed to do it, and I'm sure the mods are at least keeping an eye on thread titles at all times.

There are so many other words you can use if you want to complain about the rewards. Say they're rubbish. Say they're awful. It's not remotely hard to substitute a "polite" word and get your exact same intent across.
    So as you responded I went back to see the email I received. On the email it says exactly what was written. The title was "Starlight event... sorry". So the bad word was used 3 times in description text. So probably I was reported. Not saying they are wrong, but just to show that the minimum seems to be 10 days ban. No warning. (if you are really curious I can send you a copy of the email I received with the text).
    (0)
    Last edited by Jib; 01-23-2019 at 04:44 AM.

Player
    Character
    Aurelie Moonsong
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    So as you responded I went back to see the email I received. On the email it says exactly what was written. The title was "Starlight event... sorry". So the bad word was used 3 times in description text. So probably I was reported. Not saying they are wrong, but just to show that the minimum seems to be 10 days ban. No warning. (if you are really curious I can send you a copy of the email I received with the text).
    No need at all to show the email. And I have no idea how the moderation team works, maybe they still did directly see your post and not have to wait for someone to report you over it. Still my initial point remains - it's a word that should be obviously avoided on a moderated forum, and there are so many things you could substitute.
    (0)

Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast