Player
    Character
    Renkei Fukai
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 80

Inner Release

one gripe I have with it is the fact that it's not 11 seconds. Was doing tests with 543 SS landing successful 5 cleaves 5/6 runs out of 120 inner releases. With higher skill speeds it becomes more realible but it's still pretty annoying considering at min skill speed your at the mercy of the games netcode wether or not it hits. Having no dots really seems to devalue skill speed. I tested in .01 gcd increments and this issue disappears once you hit 2.4, the issue only occurs due to the games 33.4ms server refresh rate. Sadface. Just wanted to share my tests.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Yuri Goggles
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 80
    It's definitely ping-dependent, and I'm sure that adds up over a fight. Unfortunately, this is universal to all burst-phases, and it will likely never change. The best choice is, like you said, to adjust your skill speed accordingly, though it's definitely painful to have to build for ping.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Shiro Terkhev
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    I get what you mean, it can be a pain. But tbh I don't want that change.
    Warriors wanted easier gauge management -> IR got totally separated from gauge.
    Warriors complained about being on mercy of crits and DHs -> IR changed to be 100% Dcrit.
    Time to also get it ss independent? lol
    (4)
    With great deeps comes great enmity.

Player
    Character
    Faeon Nightwhisper
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    that depends on your latency, players like me with a latency of around 250ms-300ms. Makes it challenging especially in savage content where it can fluctuate and feels slower too. I have around 1249ss and it is still a tight window and sometimes it misses a cleave. So ya with the netcode it makes it unpredictable sometimes. But I like the warrior atm and the pld, drk on the other the spamming of DA is irritating to me.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sylvestre Solscribe
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    The last Ultimate they'll release will be the netcode
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Whiskey Bravo
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Yea I was trying to wear the diamond pants but eventually went back to tome pants because it's just more reliable and, IMO comfortable, with a bit more skill speed.

We no longer have a DoT but there are intangible benefits to slightly faster GCD, particularly in 7 & 8 where there are multiple disconnects.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aana Azel
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    SS still increases GCDs from speed. (More damage, more FCs, etc). It also increases AA damage and dots (N/A).

SE has essentially moved every DD stat to "Improves all parts of your damage". Det/Ten flat damage. SS more AAs/Dots/GCDs (thats everything except OGCDs which war has....1). Crit/DH works on everything.

Getting a smidge more SS for the 5 FCs isnt nearly as terrible as some might think. SS has been significantly buffed since the olden days where it ignored both dots and AAs, and it is pretty good on the 99% GCD/AA focused war. With the removal of parry, boost to SS's effects, and removal of Acc requirements, the differences in secondary stats has really smoothed out. The difference in damage between a min-maxed set and a hodgepodge has narrowed greatly. You arent rewarded nearly as much for piecing together the perfect set of exact accuracy and minimum SS anymore. It's essentially foolproof now. Get enough to hit the FCs. Period. A little overkill on SS is negligable on damage output now.
    (2)
    Last edited by Aana; 06-22-2018 at 03:50 AM.