Player
    Character
    Cidel Paratonnerre
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyvid View Post
    How I felt after reading you wanted more carby instead of new primal Egis.......

Ditto. The title is also misleading in that sense. Didn't ask for new summons, just recolored carbuncles. The pressure is all about new egis.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyKaplan View Post
    By limiting it to those particular Carbuncles he gave Yoshi an easy way out.

My thoughts exactly. It's like, instead of asking "how do you feel about the players' general opinion of WHM's job gauge?" The question becomes "Can we change the color of the lilies in the future?"
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Light Khah
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Zsolen View Post
    As much as I want Ishgard housing (plus furniture, civilian glamour, and maybe an emote), it's only a problem on certain servers.
    The problem I see is, that people wanted Ishgard housing as soon as we went to Ishgard. Yet we got told that its at war right now thus housing would be a bit strange...instead of giving the community Ishgard housing in SB when the war is over they just stepped over it and gave us Shirogane. They could have easily given us Isghard first, especially since people wanted it for years..heck they could have easily made this into the first personal instanced housing zone where the Fortemps or Aymeric give us a piece of land as thanks for finishing their war for them.
    (8)
    Letter from the Producer LIVE Part IX Q&A Summary (10/30/2013)
    Q: Will there be any maintenance fees or other costs for housing, besides the cost of the land and house?
    A: In older MMOs, such as Ultima Online, there was a house maintenance fee you had to pay weekly, but in FFXIV: ARR we decided against this system. Similarly, these older MMOs also had a system where your house would break down if you didn’t log in after a while in order to have you continue your subscription, but this is a thing of the past and we won't have any system like that.

Player
    Character
    Lho Polaali
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 23
    Quote Originally Posted by Alleo View Post
    Yet we got told that its at war right now thus housing would be a bit strange...
    The problem I see here is that this will always be true because you'll always (hyperbole) get new players who are playing through HW. Those selfsame players can belong to free companies who already own land there, so in the midst of waiting for an attack from Nidhogg, that player can teleport to their FC house where everyone's chilling by the mb in the Ishgardian housing area... Meanwhile Shirogane is eternally neutral. It having lore issues of its own (why let bands of mercenaries with allegiances to military forces from another land own land and workshops?) is a different matter...

they could have easily made this into the first personal instanced housing zone where the Fortemps or Aymeric give us a piece of land as thanks for finishing their war for them.
    I won't lie, that would've been amazing.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Remedi Maxwell
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    heck they could have easily made this into the first personal instanced housing zone where the Fortemps or Aymeric give us a piece of land as thanks for finishing their war for them.
    That is actually an interesting proposal
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Hex Pathcrosser
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 72
    Or Ishgard apartments if we can't have houses...apparently apartments are easier to create.

I just want to know how the OP was able to conduct an interview...did they come to you or you to them?
    (1)
    "We want bunny suits for guys!" -- OK! ✅
    "We want Ishgard housing!" -- OK! ✅
    "We want Viera!" -- OK! ✅
    "We want Cloud's motorcycle!" -- OK! ✅
    "We want Blue Mage!"-- OK! ✅
    "We want the ability to earn past Feast rewards!" - HAHA no that's sacred.

Player
    Character
    Victoria Viper
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70
    For fairies, here's two easy glams they could do: Airy and Anne. Let the lore hounds have conniptions over that one...

As for Ishgardian housing: They really need to stop dragging their feet on this one. Regardless of the supply/demand situation right now, people will always want Ishgardian housing, and will move there from wherever they are in a heartbeat (I know I would, most definitely), so making any kind of argument that "we don't need it because there's enough housing" is completely moot. We're actually at the point where we can start to think about actually having choices as to where we want to own land now on most servers, so why not have Ishgard as yet another choice?

As for egi glamours: another easy solution, honestly. Summon I: Garuda, or glam into Ramuh. Summon II: Titan, or glam into Leviathan. Summon III: Ifrit, or glam into Shiva. Just slap on new animations to match the egi that's out, and done. Now see, how hard was that?
    (2)
    I am the mirror you see yourself through...

Player
    Character
    Souji Hanamura
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    The comment about the obsidian and moonstone carbuncles being tied to Urianger & Alphie's personalities makes me exasperated because it's even more of a reason why we should get more carbuncle glamours. Even if you collect them like chocobo bardings. Because being able to change your carbuncle to one befitting your 'personality' would be cool! What if you used lapis to summon your carbuncle? Amethyst? Malachite? (Some could even be tied to rare mining finds, like "you've found a piece of amber pure enough that a summoner could attempt to make a summons out of it.") IDK. If they can have carbies tied to their personalities, why can't we?

Egi summons, too - they could just create different "primal glams" that would change the element type/look of the attacks but keep them functionally the same. Garuda-egi could become Levi-egi and knock enemies back with a water-spout like WHMs have, etc. [Edit: great minds, VicTX]

Bleh.
    (1)
    Last edited by InkstainedGwyn; 06-19-2018 at 02:03 AM.

Player
    Character
    Zanelle Solainteau
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    The problem I see is, that people wanted Ishgard housing as soon as we went to Ishgard. Yet we got told that its at war right now thus housing would be a bit strange...instead of giving the community Ishgard housing in SB when the war is over they just stepped over it and gave us Shirogane. They could have easily given us Isghard first, especially since people wanted it for years..heck they could have easily made this into the first personal instanced housing zone where the Fortemps or Aymeric give us a piece of land as thanks for finishing their war for them.
    I agree completely. I just don't agree with the reason that we need the housing. That isn't a problem as much before, except on certain servers.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Tera Luna
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    Cannot understand the reluctance to introduce Ishgard housing. That expansion had by far the best story line of the whole game, making most of the Stormblood story look shallow in comparison.
    Maybe it's a recognition they did too well with HW, are struggling to match it, and want people to focus on lesser quality areas.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Light Khah
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyKaplan View Post
    The problem I see here is that this will always be true because you'll always (hyperbole) get new players who are playing through HW.
    That would always be a problem for any new city state beyond the three starter cities. I mean if you are part of a FC that owns a house in Shirogane but are not even in Kugane right now with the story it also makes no sense to be able to port there. So maybe they could have restricted the housing zone for Isghard behind finishing HW first thus at least owning a house for yourself feels like it makes sense. Or if they finally use instanced housing you can only get it after the story.

In that way they could make so much instanced housing that would be combined with the story: You saved the Vanu, they will give you part of their land as a thank you. You are at peace with the dragons, you could buy land there too. You save the princess in the ruby sea, here have a house under a bubble as a thank you. This way saving people all over the world feels at least a bit meaningful and imagine all the possibilities of owning a house all over the countries. The different way to design it and all the new thematical housing items we would be getting. *Sigh* A girl can dream right?
    (2)
    Letter from the Producer LIVE Part IX Q&A Summary (10/30/2013)
    Q: Will there be any maintenance fees or other costs for housing, besides the cost of the land and house?
    A: In older MMOs, such as Ultima Online, there was a house maintenance fee you had to pay weekly, but in FFXIV: ARR we decided against this system. Similarly, these older MMOs also had a system where your house would break down if you didn’t log in after a while in order to have you continue your subscription, but this is a thing of the past and we won't have any system like that.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast