Player
    Character
    Alia Ash
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 60

Quality of Life suggestion: Filter for "Only recipes you have the materials for"

As the title suggests, I feel it would be much easier to find the recipes you happen to have the materials for if a filter such as this is implemented. I doubt it'd take much effort, either.
    Thoughts?
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Vidu Moriquendi
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    I dont really see how that would be useful to be honest.

Most of the time when I want to craft something, I know what I want to craft - I dont just open my crafting-menu and be like "Hey, lets see what I can make with this lumber, that ignot, the gemstone and some fruits I have lying around!"
    Such a filter would actually be more of a hinderance for me with potentially hiding items that I want to craft, but are missing something for it without me realising - like me being extremly sure that I have everything to craft that weapon and then super confused because its not showing up... until I remember that I used that nugget on something else the other day.

I just dont believe that anyone truely crafts with the idea of "what can I make out of the materials in my bag" and rather looks for "do I have the materials I need for this item in my bag?"
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Alia Ash
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidu View Post
    I just dont believe that anyone truely crafts with the idea of "what can I make out of the materials in my bag" and rather looks for "do I have the materials I need for this item in my bag?"
    I do xD
    I was referring to an optional filter though. Hiding the rest by default would be inconvenient and annoying, but turning it on with a button in the menu somewhere could be useful if you happen to have some stuff lying around. Or if, like me, you have a friend that just dumps crafting materials on you and lets you figure out what to make with it ;P
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Y'kayah Tia
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 50
    As a somewhat related QoL, I'd like to see an in-game way to ask "What crafting recipes is this item used in?" It could be useful for figuring out which of the assortment of mats you've accumulated are worth keeping and which aren't. (Best way would probably be an option in crafting mats' right click menu that would dump a list to the chat box. That way, if the mat is used to make other mats, you could check the second tier by selecting them from the first list and using the same option again.)
    (1)
    Last edited by Niwashi; 06-19-2018 at 12:46 AM.

Player
    Character
    Gunnar Mel'nik
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    If you're leveling and just trying to squeak out a bit more exp in any way you can and there are no alternatives, a filter that lets you see what you can craft right now in this moment with what you have can be helpful. The lists of things you can craft can get quite long and annoying to look through if you're just trying to find anything to craft.

Also: Just because you think it's a useless feature because it doesn't interest you, doesn't mean it shouldn't be available for people who do want it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jojoya Joya
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    It can be useful. I used it a lot in WoW when I would collect materials in advance to make certain items then use the filter so only those items that I could make would be shown. It became less useful when the reagent bank tab was added and the filter included all items on that tab and not just in my bags.

I'd rather have a search function where I can search by material name in addition to recipe name. Not real helpful for something like Steel Ingots but definitely helpful for something like Frosted Glass Lens or culinary ingredients outside of "pantry staples". It's rather annoying to have to go to a third party website to find out what items use a specific material.
    (1)