Character
    Moro Murasaki
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by swiss_Momo View Post
    Good.
    If 4.5 is the last patch before the next expansion again, then I'd rather have the devs put resources into content that can keep more than just a noisy 1% of the players busy
    Oh, yeah. There's definitely not an entire game worth of casual content like 15 combat classes to level and gear, 10 crafters and gatherers, dungeons, trials, raids, EX primals and Savage from two expansions with rare drops in them. Certainly nothing like achievment and log completion, minion and mount collection, the Gold Saucer.. gosh, there is just nothing for the players who don't raid hardcore enough for Ultimate.

Jokes aside I have never stepped foot in Ultimate and maybe never will. The weapons are gorgeous though and the interest that it has generated online for the game is impressive and something I'm really thankful for as someone who loves this game and wants to see it continue to grow and prosper.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Tiger Lilia
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by swiss_Momo View Post
    Good.
    If 4.5 is the last patch before the next expansion again, then I'd rather have the devs put resources into content that can keep more than just a noisy 1% of the players busy
    Lmao. If you think the loss of Ultimate is going to mean more content elsewhere, I have some bad news for you. What have they announced in its place? Nothing. Because everything that's yet to come has already been discussed. One more savage tier, which we clear in like, 2 weeks, Eureka, Heaven on High, main story. That's it.

Also, the difference between you and us is that no raider is up in that thread saying "too much casual content! Take it away from them!".

I don't pvp but I would feel bad for the tiny PVP community who does enjoy that content if Yoshi was like, ok bye PVP. Soz. Whatever keeps the population healthy and keeps people around in the game is only good for it.

Raiders leaving the game in the lull between patches has a knock down effect. We do casual stuff too, remember. I've been here for long enough to see how quiet the game gets while people are waiting for fun content / new expansion.
    (2)
    Last edited by Tigerlilley; 06-20-2018 at 08:17 PM.

Player
    Character
    Remedi Maxwell
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    while agree with the general Idea of your post, the point of raiders leaving having an impact in any mmo is something I don't really agree since it's pretty much the norm for raiders especially world prog ones to drop the game for a while till new content comes in
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Hyomin Park
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by lulunami View Post
    Yet you are chastising me for doing so.
    No, I'm chastising you for trying to speak for others when you say "nobody cares about Ultimate weapons or titles". That's not speaking for yourself; that's trying to defend your position by saying no one cares, so we shouldn't either. Which isn't true.
    (4)
    Sage | Astrologian | Dancer

마지막 날 널 찾아가면
    마지막 밤 기억하길

Hyomin Park#0055

Player
    Character
    Edge Void
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    2 is fine, perhaps they should be better spread out next time (one at the end of the add on) Ultimate leaves nothing but a sour taste atm.

Always drama and shiting on the top teams. Ppl selling clears for 1.2k ... yea i bet they want a new ultimate.

And by saying if we dont get a ultimate dont think we get anything else. Do you think the team just fades into darkness when its not doing that ultimate.

Theres many points that need improved how about we give fc credits a use? Its prolly a different team but you get the idea.

Its always 100% take something away a few ppl like? (ordont work on) add something else that a lot like of equal resource.
    (0)

6. 06-26-2018 04:23 AM
    Reason
    wrogn thread

Player
    Character
    Shiba Kuzo
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 80
    Yes, given the abysmal number of people who have cleared either Ultimate (even among those who attempted it), I really don't see the point of adding another Ultimate fight, especially on a last patch! If most people who had attempted it had cleared, I could see the point being made that we need another one, but in its current state, this is just going to increase the amount of dead content.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Hyomin Park
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by shibeouya View Post
    Yes, given the abysmal number of people who have cleared either Ultimate (even among those who attempted it), I really don't see the point of adding another Ultimate fight, especially on a last patch! If most people who had attempted it had cleared, I could see the point being made that we need another one, but in its current state, this is just going to increase the amount of dead content.
    Considering there are still groups doing both UCoB and UwU, they aren't dead content.
    (4)
    Sage | Astrologian | Dancer

마지막 날 널 찾아가면
    마지막 밤 기억하길

Hyomin Park#0055

Player
    Character
    Shiba Kuzo
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by HyoMinPark View Post
    Considering there are still groups doing both UCoB and UwU, they aren't dead content.
    Going by that logic - why do you need a 3rd Ultimate if most people still need to clear both? From what I hear, it's now really hard to find a group for UCob since UWU is out, so adding yet another one will make it even harder to find groups.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Sebazy Spiritwalker
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by shibeouya View Post
    Going by that logic - why do you need a 3rd Ultimate if most people still need to clear both? From what I hear, it's now really hard to find a group for UCob since UWU is out, so adding yet another one will make it even harder to find groups.
    There's actually a few reasons for this:

New content hype, let's face it, doing fresh content is always more exciting than doing content that's a year old.
    Convenience, I actually need a separate set of 340 or 345 gear to tackle UCOB due to VIT melds and the extreme DPS requirements.
    Difficulty, it's highly likely a static will have hit a wall at some stage later into the encounter, a new Ultimate gives them fresh early phases to work on again before they hit that wall.

Very little content doesn't become obsolete in a theme park MMO really. Diadem is all but Diadead, old Expert dungeons that are neither needed for the MSQ or leveling are pretty much just roulette filler now whilst pony farms are the only thing keeping old Primals relevant. I could go on and on. This is just the way theme park MMOs are.
    (3)
    ~ WHM / badSCH / Snob ~ http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/871132/ ~

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15