Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Lala Yuki
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    It's not about who cleared ultimate, it's about slamming your face into it and trying to clear it. It's content for a lot of people. I have 10-15ish people I know going at it currently, only one is actually at enrage, and that one is the only one to clear the previous ultimate. That's also the only reason he still plays in this catch up patch.

Anyway if they stop making ult it's fine to me but the issue I have is ...if they're stopping it for the expac, what will 4.5 have to replace that content? My bet is nothing.
    (10)
    http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/12116351/

Player
    Character
    Elamia Asiragan
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    I really wonder how their development schedule works for them to say they will stop adding ultimate mid-expansion. I would have though that the planning was made ahead of time, maybe at the very start of the expansion, but it looks like they are adapting things on the fly which is really worrisome to me.

I don't really care for ultimate but they've been cutting down content like that since HW, and we didn't really get anything in return for it. If they are cutting Ultimate now, can we really expect something in return in the future?
    (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by sarehptar View Post
    Just coming back in to note that I find Yoshida being exasperated by the repetitive questions very ironic, considering he's been feeding us the same patch content structure on repeat for at least four years.

Player
    Character
    Rosalynne Hawethorne
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by RLofOBFL View Post
    Anyway if they stop making ult it's fine to me but the issue I have is ...if they're stopping it for the expac, what will 4.5 have to replace that content? My bet is nothing.
    If they're just going to make more [tomestone-farming] dungeons then don't bother. Don't get me wrong, they make good dungeons, but after the first couple runs through it just turns into work. I'm so bored of of the tomestone system, myself anyway.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Sari Mogari
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 84
    Quote Originally Posted by Whocareswhatmynameis View Post
    you know what this game needs? More dungeons that ARE EXACTLY THE SAME AS THE LAST 50 DUNGEONS.... lol
    If SE'a answer to alternative content is recycling Diadem I'll take repetitive dungeons any day of the week.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Remedi Maxwell
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    Disagree vehementhly with this decision.
    Ultimate is what essentially made the current pve scene workable for everyone, removing one piece of the puzzle kills everything imho. While it's true as some have said that they can simply focus more on the coming expansion, I still believe that it would be a much needed life injection to the final patch of the expansion, which frankly won't have much to do for itself.
    As such I hope they reconsider this
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Light Khah
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by DrWho2010 View Post
    they also worry about player's health - when they hear stories of 21 hour/day prog and forgoing sleep to down these things that makes them rethink how many these they should put out.
    Which means that they heard wrong informations because the world first group only did the 21 hour on their last day of prog and had quite a "normal" schedule for the rest of the days. So they did not do the 21 for five days. Also interesting how its again the playerbase that seemingly told them that its too much to handle so many Ultimates...I wonder if this is another "JP wanted Greed" point because I cant remember any post that stated how this is harsh for them.
    (6)
    Letter from the Producer LIVE Part IX Q&A Summary (10/30/2013)
    Q: Will there be any maintenance fees or other costs for housing, besides the cost of the land and house?
    A: In older MMOs, such as Ultima Online, there was a house maintenance fee you had to pay weekly, but in FFXIV: ARR we decided against this system. Similarly, these older MMOs also had a system where your house would break down if you didn’t log in after a while in order to have you continue your subscription, but this is a thing of the past and we won't have any system like that.

Player
    Character
    Remedi Maxwell
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    Ye about that too, I get annoyed how quickly that 21 hours raid prog got around, I was watching mrhappy stream when zeppe said that he said he wanted the group to raid 21 h the last day and they had pretty much tame raiding hours otherwise.
    It's really distrubing me how some rumors gets tossed around so easily without anyone sourcing them
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Light Khah
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Remedi View Post
    Ye about that too, I get annoyed how quickly that 21 hours raid prog got around, I was watching mrhappy stream when zeppe said that he said he wanted the group to raid 21 h the last day and they had pretty much tame raiding hours otherwise.
    It's really distrubing me how some rumors gets tossed around so easily without anyone sourcing them
    And that the devs seemingly also just heard those rumors instead of the actual truth. Maybe thats how the "greed only" change happened too.
    (1)
    Letter from the Producer LIVE Part IX Q&A Summary (10/30/2013)
    Q: Will there be any maintenance fees or other costs for housing, besides the cost of the land and house?
    A: In older MMOs, such as Ultima Online, there was a house maintenance fee you had to pay weekly, but in FFXIV: ARR we decided against this system. Similarly, these older MMOs also had a system where your house would break down if you didn’t log in after a while in order to have you continue your subscription, but this is a thing of the past and we won't have any system like that.

Player
    Character
    Axl Stream
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    This is just SE caving in to the casuals that complain about Ultimate being a waste of ressources while not even denting current EX/Savage fights. A shame really.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Nenemi Nemi
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 40
    Quote Originally Posted by Alleo View Post
    Which means that they heard wrong informations because the world first group only did the 21 hour on their last day of prog.
    You realize the devs can easily monitor how long people are spending on Ultimate through the game itself so they dont need to listen to rumors.

If I had to guess the participation was even lower then they expected and its already extremely niche content and beside maybe a couple of days of interest through streamers this content is completely irrelevant to over 99% of the population and once the hardcore raiders get through the fight in a couple of weeks the content basically becomes dead.

Also even though it reuses assets I imagine it basically requires the full time of one of their better battle designs to properly tune and balance the encounter.

I just hope with the elimination of Ultimate they can do something special leading into the next expansion as 3.55 was kind of a lame lead in to an expansion.
    (10)

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast