Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Character
    Nephthys Yamada
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystal_Raven View Post
    Considering you don't know me, you make assumptions, and you constantly respond with nit picking instead of responding to the entire post like Penthea does, it is safe to assume you are here to troll rather than debate and understand both sides.

As such, I will now proceed to add you to my ignore list and move on.

Congratulations though, you're the second person to make it here since I started playing.

Have a good day and life.
    Thanks for proving my point. I wonder how many new players you've kicked on snap decisions when someone points out the very words you use in your self defeatist mind set.

I should also warn you - that kind of behavior will put you face to face with a GM. Keep it up....I'm sure you'll find out soon enough.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Crystal Raven
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by alimdia View Post
    Just a reminder that OP didn't provide screenshots, and for all we know it could have been paraphrased.

Imagine the hypothetical scenario where the mentor is silent, the OP is nagging, snaps and asks why is the mentor there if he's not gonna explain and the mentor replies with "I'm here for the mount".

This is not just for you, but for everyone here, people are getting too emotional over an one sided story with no chat logs. Not saying the OP is purposely lying, just that people can take words the wrong way in the heat of the moment.
    People usually argue with emotions so that part is rather normal.

Anyway, this is kind of iffy because while a lot of new players respond with hostility and insults to genuine attempts to help them, a lot of mentors also respond with hostility and insults to players that actually are trying and want to learn and want advice. While on one hand, we have no proof or any prior evidence to base the OPs personality and behaviour on, we lack the same things for the mentor.

Now, I don't know how many mentors you've ran in, but I assume you've met a fair few on both sides sum up why the overall view of both is pretty bad.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nettle Creidne
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerwin View Post
    Jokes on you. I'm not a mentor.
    Just because you don't do it doesn't mean no one does. The attitude towards what a mentor should or shouldn't do from many players here makes it clear that there are mentors who have no intention of fulfilling the role, but have every intention of reaping the cosmetic benefits of it (mount and crown).

Guess you can stop burning the rest of the mentors huh?
    I am "burning" mentors who abuse the mentor system. Not all mentors. Can you read?
    (3)

Character
    Kerwin Nindon
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Penthea View Post
    Just because you don't do it doesn't mean no one does. The attitude towards what a mentor should or shouldn't do from many players here makes it clear that there are mentors who have no intention of fulfilling the role, but have every intention of reaping the cosmetic benefits of it (mount and crown).

I am "burning" mentors who abuse the mentor system. Not all mentors. Can you read?
    Oh well. Can you?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nettle Creidne
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    I don't remember talking to you. lol
    You directly told me to stop burning the rest of the mentors...you even quoted me.

You have very bad memory.

EDIT: Oh nice ninja edit you did there.
    (3)

Character
    Kerwin Nindon
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Penthea View Post
    You directly told me to stop burning the rest of the mentors...you even quoted me.

You have very bad memory.
    Wow are you a mentor? You seem rude so I should make a thread on the forum to complain.
    (4)

Character
    Nephthys Yamada
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Wow are you a mentor? You seem rude so I should make a thread on the forum to complain.
    Penthea is right....I saw your unedited post..then your edited post.
    Must be nice when you can hide like that.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Nettle Creidne
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    You heard here first folks. I am rude because I think mentors should, you know, mentor.
    (4)

Character
    Kerwin Nindon
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 90
    Try not to get to upset. It's not good for you.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Masahiro Kido
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Mixt View Post
    A mentor that pulls the "You are not worth my time, i just want the reward" card is a bad mentor, a bad player, and a jerk.
    I will try to vote kick anyone who pulls that, and failing that i will leave myself, i'm not playing with that person.

Even if the person is a jerk, you trying to kick that person cause you think he's a "bad mentor" makes you look just as bad. If the kick fails, it means others are willing to deal with it so they can get what they need done. If you don't like it, then leave the party. Soon as you do leave, people will know who tried to vote kick.

Protip: If the mentor in question is being a jerk then just leave the damn instance and blist that person. It's not hard.

/2 cents
    (4)
    Last edited by Usho; 06-16-2018 at 07:56 AM.

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast