Player
    Character
    Crystal Raven
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Penthea View Post
    You must have tremendous bad luck because I have found it to be the complete opposite in literally every mmo I have played for the past decade.
    I have bad luck overall so it's pretty normal.

While I did run into a lot of new players playing out of their league and just want to be carried without wanting to improve, I've also found a lot that wanted help and I happily explained every single mechanic and their own class if needed along with any questions they have.

Not all new players are vegetables that only want to be carried, but a lot are. There's also a lot that want to learn. The issue is filtering them out. A fairly decent part of knowledgeable players are simply done trying to help worse players than themselves because help is very often met with negative reactions and insults.

I don't bother helping people either unless they specifically ask me for advice, in which case I will. But other than that, I'm swift with the kick button.

If you and others want to consider me rude or bad or an ass or whatever because i choose to simply kick people that are there to just be carried and never ask for help, so be it.

P.S I'm not even a mentor, crown means nothing to me, I just find it fun to help people who ask me for help.
    (1)
    Last edited by Crystal_Raven; 06-16-2018 at 02:18 AM.

Player
    Character
    Nettle Creidne
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystal_Raven View Post
    Not all new players are vegetables that only want to be carried, but a lot are. There's also a lot that want to learn. The issue is filtering them out. A fairly decent part of knowledgeable players are simply done trying to help worse players than themselves because help is very often met with negative reactions and insults.

I don't bother helping people either unless they specifically ask me for advice, in which case I will. But other than that, I'm swift with the kick button.
    Well then you know how to solve the problem. If a person isn't being receptive to advice when you're mentoring you can just leave that situation or try to remove them. The problem is many players use "so many want to be carried" as an excuse to not even try to help anyone even if they are politely asked for advice. I seriously doubt those players would bother with the mentor system if it didn't have rewards.
    (1)

Character
    Nephthys Yamada
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Read everything and think before you respond.
    That means I have to consider that you actually put thought and effort into what your saying.
    Which you obviously do not.
    (3)

Character
    Nephthys Yamada
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    I have bad luck overall so it's pretty normal.
    Did it even occur to you that you create your own bad luck? After all.. you kick any new player who "sucks"
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Nettle Creidne
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerwin View Post
    What you guess or think is irrelevant.
    If we ever needed an example of why the mentor system should have no rewards, we found one.
    (9)

Character
    Kerwin Nindon
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Penthea View Post
    If we ever needed an example of why the mentor system should have no rewards, we found one.
    Jokes on you. I'm not a mentor. Guess you can stop burning the rest of the mentors huh?

Focus on the player, not their title.
    (11)

Player
    Character
    Song Sparrow
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    This thread is a pretty good example of why I only ever wear my Tradecraft Mentor crown. Most other battle mentors are incredibly embarrassing. I agree with Penthea. There should have been no rewards for being a mentor.

Kewin, did you not get the mount like you said you did then? Because you can only get that mount by being a mentor.
    (8)

cerise leclaire
    (bad omnicrafter & terrible astrologian)

Player
    Character
    Crystal Raven
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by NephthysVasudan View Post
    Did it even occur to you that you create your own bad luck? After all.. you kick any new player who "sucks"
    Considering you don't know me, you make assumptions, and you constantly respond with nit picking instead of responding to the entire post like Penthea does, it is safe to assume you are here to troll rather than debate and understand both sides.

As such, I will now proceed to add you to my ignore list and move on.

Congratulations though, you're the second person to make it here since I started playing.

Have a good day and life.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Adore Mi
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerwin View Post
    What you guess or think is irrelevant.

I got it regardless. You don't know me. I'm sure glad I don't know you.
    Hallelujah. That's one thing we agree on. I'm certainly glad I don't know you, because I don't put up with bad apples.

Have a wonderful day because we're done here.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Ali Lifesaver
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by HyoMinPark View Post
    The mentor disrupted the OP's gaming experience, too. I hope you realize that. OP did everything right by researching the fight prior, but that can still leave questions and/or confusion over something once you see it in action. The "mentor" saying "you aren't worth me time, I don't want to teach, I only want my mentor mount" is in the wrong.
    Just a reminder that OP didn't provide screenshots, and for all we know it could have been paraphrased.

Imagine the hypothetical scenario where the mentor is silent, the OP is nagging, snaps and asks why is the mentor there if he's not gonna explain and the mentor replies with "I'm here for the mount".

This is not just for you, but for everyone here, people are getting too emotional over an one sided story with no chat logs. Not saying the OP is purposely lying, just that people can take words the wrong way in the heat of the moment.

Side note: I've complained since the day they added Astrope and I still hold the belief that either a mentor roulette shouldn't have exclusive rewards or mentor roulette should be renamed to something else divorced from the mentor system. Mentoring is supposed to be selfless, adding a reward attracts the wrong kind of people.
    (11)
    Last edited by alimdia; 06-16-2018 at 02:52 AM.

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast