Player
    Character
    Cain Alushaun
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 78
    Quote Originally Posted by addz3 View Post
    NERF the shit out of it so it's mainly for solo play like cleric stance back in the day. Before they increased enmity for tank moves this would of been more welcome but at least tanks would be.... err....tanks. Or just make WAR a dps.

This may feel good to request today, but once it happens....you'd be singing a different not so cheery tune. And so would the other non-douche warriors out there.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Lho Polaali
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 23
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadane View Post
    Also with Warrior, he wouldn't have gotten any defensive bonus from the use of Defiance.
    No, but the heal buff helps in a pinch, and it gives you access to Inner Beast which does have a defensive bonus. Plus more self-heal tools.

This story is way too partial to judge either way. I think the party should've managed their own agro. Assuming they didn't, the tank was in the wrong for not taking matters into their own hands. Like people say here, it's a group effort, and if the tank refused to adapt to the party they ran with, some of the blame falls on them as well. They rolled a tank, the tank's primary job is to hold hate.
    Between this and taking stance dancing away from them... that's a no.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Rozemyne Shyahoro
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    I did leveling roulette last night on MCH and got a DRK for a tank in Aurum Vale. His gear was on par with Dusk Vigil and even had both darkside and grit on.

I'll let you take a guess who tanked half of the mobs in the dungeon even with tactician and refresh used when available.

So no just because you had a poor experience with a dps stance tank doesn't mean it was his fault. People can be in tank stance and still suck. What you want is for everyone to play well. You're all given enmity skills (be it to generate or reduce it), use them.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Nyx Arianrhod
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    People also have to learn that this is not another mmo. This is ff14, completely different than other mmos, every job in this game is a dps, some just have different responsibilities. During the first weeks of new raids you can't clear if your tanks and healers are not dpsing. In ultimate you won't clear at all if people are not on top of their game. I know this was a dungeon run, but if every one is dpsing, the dungeon goes faster and usually smoother. Then you can move on to the next thing. If they made tank stance the only thing, you can bet the small amount of tanks in this game will drop to an even smaller number.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Nyx Arianrhod
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    You can really say the same thing about every role in this game, I have run multiple dungeons that the dps are just not really doing damage and dungeon run takes what feels like an eternity. Why do a big pull if the dps are just going to single target? You are going to run into this alot in game, but I have had more good runs than bad runs. People just really only remember the bad rujs, then come to the official forums to complain about their one bad encounter.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Ameela Trussa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    There's no reason not to use your enmity skills, they cost nothing and only help the tank, I don't see why you'd want a tank to only worry about aggro considering that just renders 90% of their kit useless, how is that fair for the DPS who have to press lots of buttons to do their job?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Lho Polaali
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 23
    Quote Originally Posted by Ameela View Post
    DPS who have to press lots of buttons to do their job?
    You've never played a tank, have you.

EDIT: never mind, I saw your main class. And you still say that?
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Ameela Trussa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyKaplan View Post
    You've never played a tank, have you.

EDIT: never mind, I saw your main class. And you still say that?
    I mean say what you will but having to worry about cooldowns and having an actual rotation (even if it's rather simple compared to some DPS) is a lot more than sitting around with a permanent Rampart pressing 3 buttons all day.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Lho Polaali
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 23
    Quote Originally Posted by Ameela View Post
    I mean say what you will but having to worry about cooldowns and having an actual rotation (even if it's rather simple compared to some DPS) is a lot more than sitting around with a permanent Rampart pressing 3 buttons all day.
    Every job can be easy if you do it wrong
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Ameela Trussa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyKaplan View Post
    Every job can be easy if you do it wrong
    And that's exactly the point I was making in my original comment?
    (3)

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast